how many times do you bath your baby?

raeka

I shower my boy in the morning then evening clean up for him .. (weather too hot will bath twice.)
now i start to pour water from his head down he slowly get use to it and not so frighten liaos..

Ting

depends on age.
when she was below one year old, bathe twice, morn and evening.
but each time after bringin her out will def wipe and change her.
after one year old is bathe twice, but after bringing her out will bathe too.
now she is in CC, morn bathe, in CC tr bathe, bring her home also bathe.

i tend to bathe her each time we bring her out (unless only go down to buy things).
more hygiene and pin tend to perspire alot cos she's always running about.

so far only brought her swmming once.
:)

chelle

No fixed time, normally bathe in the morning/noon then at nite b4 sleeping, wipe with wet towel.

For bathing, i normally bathe after his feed and when he is awake.
Intially i did not know bathe him near feeding time, he cried throughout, make me so nervous!

Mummy :)

I usually give my dd a light shower in the morning before I sent her to infant centre :) In the afternoon,after her teacher feed her lunch, she will have a shower and again in the afternoon before fetching her from the infant centre ;) So in a day abt 3-4 times my dd will have a shower. Well, I suppose in our country which is always hot, it better to be extra clean with the H1n1 going around :)

annie

oh my girl seems the dirtiest of all lol. she only have her bath 1 time a day before bed around 8.30pm... depending on whether she sweat in the day.. if she does, i will wipe her on n off(dunno how many times). bath is only before bedtime..

Ting

No fixed time, normally bathe in the morning/noon then at nite before sleeping, wipe with wet towel.

For bathing, i normally bathe after his feed and when he is awake.
Intially i did not know bathe him near feeding time, he cried throughout, make me so nervous!

best not to bathe baby straight after bath.
read it up somewhere before.
maybe one hr before or after milk feed. :)

shespice

oh my girl seems the dirtiest of all lol. she only have her bath 1 time a day before bed around 8.30pm... depending on whether she sweat in the day.. if she does, i will wipe her on and off(dont know how many times). bath is only before bedtime..
hahah, no lah, i think coz you live in Japan so weather may be cooler and not so humid during the other seasons (maybe except for summer??). Don't think she would be so sticky like in Singapore weather LOL.
actually I also like to bathe her at night before sleeping coz it sort of relaxes her and she becomes more ready to sleep hee hee.

annie

ya lo lol. tats y i dun bath her tat much.. now summer but i whole day on air con so end up also same lol

my girl also gets very sleepy after bath or swim so i also prefer to bath her before bed

Ting

so good, i also wanna go japan~~

btw annie, i viewed your blog, your girl so cute!!

rachel.ang

2 times a day since he was borned... now already 15 months still the same... 1 time in the late morning close to afternoon, then another one just before his bedtime, so that he can sleep more comfortable..... at least that is what i choose to believe....
As for swimming, brought him since 6 months old, once a week (only weekend, no choice, have to work, so only weekend free), but have always apply those nice smell baby lotion after bath, thus he never has any dry skin problem....

annie

Thanks Ting!

Btw, do u all use baby soap everytime u bath them or simply water at times? cos i read that bb soap is very drying for their skin...when she was a bb i only use bb soap like 2-3 times a week n water only for the rest of the week.. now she started to be mobile liao i wonder if i can use soap for her every bath?

n.. when did u all go from bath to shower??

autumn82

Thanks Ting!

Btw, do you all use baby soap everytime you bath them or simply water at times? cos i read that baby soap is very drying for their skin...when she was a baby i only use baby soap like 2-3 times a week and water only for the rest of the week.. now she started to be mobile i wonder if i can use soap for her every bath?

and.. when did you all go from bath to shower??
Only the 1st 2 weeks when Iggy was born, no baby soap was used coz that stupid CL said too drying for baby's skin. In the end, I got a smelly baby for 2 weeks.. :p

But after she was fired by me, I started using baby soap on him for every bath until now. Usually 3 pumps, 1 for hair, 1 for body & 1 for butt and legs so that I can have a nice smelling baby.. :001_302::001_302::001_302:

I think when they get mobile, they sweat a lot, so best use soap.. :p

I started Iggy on shower when he was 9mths old when he can stand properly until now... :001_302::001_302::001_302:

Ting

Thanks Ting!

Btw, do you all use baby soap everytime you bath them or simply water at times? cos i read that baby soap is very drying for their skin...when she was a baby i only use baby soap like 2-3 times a week and water only for the rest of the week.. now she started to be mobile i wonder if i can use soap for her every bath?

and.. when did you all go from bath to shower??

yes i use baby soap each time i bath pin, since day 1.
her skin not dry at all!
baby soap is actually very mild n moisturising, so i think its fine to use daily.
if not pin will stink, cos she is super active n perspire so much, esp in sg, the weather so warm n humid!
i started her on the shower as soon as she can stand so before one year old.
but need to start slow cos she will get scared.
from NB, i very jialat, my bathroom quite small, so i will bring the tub into my room n bathe her there. more spacious for me cos need to support her.
when she is older n can sit up, she start to splash water, so no choice, stuck in bathroom.
then from there, i dun fill the tub up, i on the shower, then gradually remove the tub n put a small pail there for her to "play" water, then lastly just remove n bath her.
now her bath time very fast, 5 mins n we're done!

annie

lol my girl shower also very fast unless she seems to enjoy herself inside. she still using those baby bath tub.. she seldom sweat cos japan not so humid and its colder for all the other 3 seasons but i use soap on her everyday when its summer.. so a bit worry if its drying for her lol. so now i can use soap on her safely without worrying hehe. i also use 3 pumps. 1 on her hair and 2 into her bathtub hehe.

yesterday i try using the shower head to wash her butt before bath last night cos she poop.. she seems fine. but then i wonder.. if we shower them, isnt it more messy? cos we will get wet as well?

Ting

uh, not really.
for me, i will wear shorts instead of long pants, cos the legs definately will get wet, other than tt, still ok, wont get wet. :)

fazlin7

My baby boy bath twice a day. Morning at 7.30am after his routine watching mickey mouse cartoon. And afternoon is at 6pm.

Domique

9 mths iggy can stand liao....

clever boy!

Only the 1st 2 weeks when Iggy was born, no baby soap was used coz that stupid CL said too drying for baby's skin. In the end, I got a smelly baby for 2 weeks.. :p

But after she was fired by me, I started using baby soap on him for every bath until now. Usually 3 pumps, 1 for hair, 1 for body & 1 for butt and legs so that I can have a nice smelling baby.. :001_302::001_302::001_302:

I think when they get mobile, they sweat a lot, so best use soap.. :p

I started Iggy on shower when he was 9mths old when he can stand properly until now... :001_302::001_302::001_302:

autumn82

My baby boy bath twice a day. Morning at 7.30am after his routine watching mickey mouse cartoon. And afternoon is at 6pm.
Wow.. Your bb's bathing timing is the same as mine! Wahahah. At last got another baby who bathes @ 7am++... :tlaugh: