How many times does newborn poo per day??

Basha

Hi mummies, care to advise the above.

My baby is 3wks old now. Since birth been feeding him both BM & FM (S26). But in a day he will poo 8-10times & it's almost after every feed. Went to doc @ KK & was told it wasnt diarrhoea & its NORM. So last 2days decided to change the FM to Enfalac & he doesnt poo after every feed like before...he poos only 2-3times per day now. Is dis norm??

snowbear

Yes, it's normal. Exclusively bf bb poos very often, as often as after every feed. Once u introduce fm, bb will poo less.

My baby boy also taking Enfalac and we try to make him poo at least once a day. The most he has gone is 3 days without poo.

Try to let your baby drink abit more water as fm is more heaty...

Yuki Miaka

Hi mummies, care to advise the above.

My baby is 3wks old now. Since birth been feeding him both breast milk & FM (S26). But in a day he will poo 8-10times & it's almost after every feed. Went to doc @ KK & was told it wasnt diarrhoea & its NORM. So last 2days decided to change the FM to Enfalac & he doesnt poo after every feed like before...he poos only 2-3times per day now. Is this norm??

same as you, I have been feeding BM and FM(S26), but my baby onli poo once a day.. but the quantity is alot...

i heard baby should poo many times a day but mine onli once a day...scare she too heaty...

Ting

for BM babies, they normally poo after each feed. :)
pin also pooed alot during the first few mths.
almost after every feed too, though she was on FM.
then slowly she pooed lesser, like 3-4 times a day.
as they grow older, they poo lesser times. but try to let them poo once a day wud be better. :)

Basha

My baby boy also taking Enfalac and we try to make him poo at least once a day. The most he has gone is 3 days without poo.

Try to let your baby drink abit more water as fm is more heaty...
Yeap i did gave him water ech tym when he bit cranky like abt haf an hr before his feed...