how many times to Sterilise bottles each day?

apollo

Hi mummies,

I'm 1st time mummy and have some doubts on sterilising/boil milk bottles..

how many times do we need to sterilise/boil milk bottle?? Once a day in the morning will do or have to sterilise/boil after every feed??

thanks in advance =D

:tlaugh:

LoVeS

Actually once in afternoon n once in nite will b more than enuff for infants~ As for 8mths old n above i tink once at nite is gd enuff~

CJmom

Hi mummies,

how many times do we need to sterilise/boil milk bottle?? Once a day in the morning will do or have to sterilise/boil after every feed??

thanks in advance =D

reginakoh, congrats and welcome to the mummies world :shyxxx:
As our little ones have immatured system and immunity, would recommend playing safe to steralise after every feed. Milk stains left long inhabits harmful bacteria so after each feed, wash the bottles and teats (remove from cover and scrub between the rims as well) thoroughly then you can leave it aside until the last bottle is used up then steralise all together (save electricity). After steralising, leave the bottles in the steraliser for at least 9mins for a complete steralisation before using the bottles.

lai71

we usually rinse it after use and sterelised all the bottles in the late afternoon to save the time and electricity.

just4bubs

i like to steralise my bottles by boiling (that way i know there's no more detergent). If u want to steralise in a batch i would recommend getting a box and storing unused bottles in the fridge (used by the hospital in melbourne).

snowbear

Hi mummies,

thanks in advance =D

For newborn, I sterilise after every feed.

apollo

thks mummies for the advices.. =D

if i'm using boiling method.. is it just rinse with hot water after every wash?? =)

isabelandrew

hi there, i use pigeon steriliser. u mean after sterilising all the bottles, can i keep in the fridge ready to use?

otherwise i waste alot of time boiling. plus bb cannot wait

if im not wrong, pigeon one, dun open the cover, it gurantee clean up to 6 hrs

snowbear

hi there, i use pigeon steriliser. u mean after sterilising all the bottles, can i keep in the fridge ready to use?

otherwise i waste alot of time boiling. plus bb cannot wait

if im not wrong, pigeon one, dun open the cover, it gurantee clean up to 6 hrs
Hi, I also used the pigeon steriliser. What i used to do was sterilise after every feed then just leave the bottles in the steriliser and dun open the cover. By the time bb needs to drink again, only about 2-3 hours would have passed so can just take directly from the steriliser. You won't need to sterlise again just before bb drinks.