How many times wake up Nightmare?

ben10

Alpha Male
How many times does your baby wake up from nightmare, night terror in the middle of the night and cry non-stop for a while?

Ben starts to cry in the middle of the night like 12am-2am and cry in with his eyes closed.. even after he wakes up, he still looks very grouchy but he'll totally forgets about what happened last night. It take quite sometime to let him go to sleep after his cries.... any advise? Got beansprout pillow... in fact kiasu daddy got ben 4 beansprout pillow. We tried old wives tales... superstitions like carry some sort of leaf when on outing... avoid funerals.. Listen and do ... anyway no harm trying.:embarrassed:

Last edited:

Phoebii Cheng

I think it is a phase tht every bb goes through, my son too when he was younger sometimes will wake up in the middle of the night cry and cry and cry non stop....till we just hug him tight tight then he will slowly settle down.

So by trial and error, we tried swaddle him, and also rock him to sleep after that. But one thing works for us but only for a while, we made him sleep in his bb car seat at night cos it is snuggle and tight. Then later we realise that he is too hungry already, so whenever he wakes up crying, we put the bottle near his mouth, at first he don't want to drink, but slowly after he settle down, we give him again, then he gulp the milk down til none left.............:tlaugh:

diymummy

When my son has night terrors he also does that.

No particular thing caused it. Sometimes overstimulation can trigger it.

I just let my son finish crying then he will fall back asleep. The longest was 1 hr. Nothing works when he's in that mode.

ben10

Alpha Male
I think it is a phase tht every baby goes through, my son too when he was younger sometimes will wake up in the middle of the night cry and cry and cry non stop....till we just hug him tight tight then he will slowly settle down.

So by trial and error, we tried swaddle him, and also rock him to sleep after that. But one thing works for us but only for a while, we made him sleep in his baby car seat at night cos it is snuggle and tight. Then later we realise that he is too hungry already, so whenever he wakes up crying, we put the bottle near his mouth, at first he dont't want to drink, but slowly after he settle down, we give him again, then he gulp the milk down til none left.............:tlaugh:
Just when does it starts to get lesser? After 1 year old ?? Mummy heart-pain to see ben cry and cry.. Sometimes he cry till he sweat through his shirt and need to change in case he catch a chill.

My girl does that too especially when she's overstimulated. I read somewhere if you roughly know when your child would wake up crying from nightmares or night terrors, then you could wake your child up before that time. Thereafter put him to sleep again.

I've never tried this before as my girl only wakes up crying when she's overstimulated in the day so it was never a regular thing. However, I realise it does get better when she's older.

annie

my girl still does tat even now that she is 18mths old! It usually happens when she is unable to take a nap.. like what diymummy says, there is nothing i can do about it. she didnt ask for milk either. jsut wake up n cry then after she finish crying she will go back to sleep. but things are easier now as she will stop crying once she sees me going into the bedroom.

ben10

Alpha Male
I think the reason for ben's waking up & cry is he's top teeth is popping out. 2 month ago just popped up two bottom centre teeth. Now I think he's going through the crankiness of unable to sleep well, wake up in the middle of the night and not able to fall asleep, don't finish up his milk ( which normally he gulp his milk 240ml in less then 4 mins ) .

Come to think of it, he starts to drool excessively these couple of days, started slight running nose, starts to bit the cloth that I use to bath him. We must have forgotten about these that happened when he first started teething 2 months ago...:embarrassed: