How much do you spend on your helper (maid) per month?

esthergal

First time hiring a helper (maid) here ;) May I know how much roughly do u spend on your helper in a month?

How much is spent on food? Other than paying for their food and lodging, what other daily expenses do we need to spend on them? what about toiletries, sanitary pad, telephone, etc? do they use their own $10 pocket money for that?

Also, do you bring your helper out when you go having meals outside? I seldom see them dining togher with employer when in restaurants or food courts... So we should normally let them stay alone at home and ta pao for them? I never let my helper alone at home uptil now...

Thanks!!

candy_ian

for my previous maids.. theit toiletries n other necessecities i would pay for them as for telephone i do not give thme a hp so i always use my housephone to make overseas call for them once every 2 wks and she goes wherever we go for meals n have what we r having.. unless we want some couple time with our son then she will b at home n i will get her to buy her own dinner back,

Missy S

First time hiring a helper (maid) here ;) May I know how much roughly do you spend on your helper in a month?

How much is spent on food? Other than paying for their food and lodging, what other daily expenses do we need to spend on them? what about toiletries, sanitary pad, telephone, etc? do they use their own $10 pocket money for that?

Also, do you bring your helper out when you go having meals outside? I seldom see them dining togher with employer when in restaurants or food courts... So we should normally let them stay alone at home and ta pao for them? I never let my helper alone at home uptil now...

Thanks!!
Hi Esthergal, you can check out this thread which contains some info on their expenses.

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f79/employing-maid-15399/

Last edited by a moderator:
i also planning to get maid, and this is my first time also... may i ask you all, rought abt what ages yr maid?
which one better ? taking single or married and and older or younger maid (i think the youngest is abt 21 yrs?)

thanks in advance for the advise.

maine78

i also planning to get maid, and this is my first time also... may i ask you all, rought about what ages yr maid?
which one better ? taking single or married and and older or younger maid (i think the youngest is about 21 yrs?)

thanks in advance for the advise.
My requirements for a maid is she must have 2 kids and >25yrs coz main duty to look after ds

msblur

First time hiring a helper (maid) here ;) May I know how much roughly do you spend on your helper in a month?

Thanks!!

For my helper, as she's a direct hire and still owe me money, thus every mth im deducting $320 frm her pay. Her pay is $350, but coz' i dun wan her to be without money to buy anything, so i decided to juz deduct her $320, den she can hav $30 cash to buy anything she needs. Her shampoo, facial wash, etc she bot them frm philippines herself, but i alrdy told her once she finished up, feel free to let me know, so that if im buying for myself, i dun mind to buy for her too. As for her pads, she will buy herself, but if i come across anywhere selling cheaper, i dun mind to help her buy too. :)

When we go out, she will eat wat we eat too. If we go coffeeshop, usually i will give her money to go buy food herself (wana let her try to buy food herself mah), and nt juz to sit and wait for food. :) At times if she doesnt wana follow us out or we do not wana bring her along, we will ask her to settle lunch or dinner herself loh. As for bf, we did buy bread & coffee for her. :)