How much milk does your 3weeks old take?

huiyin87

Hi mummies, my 3week old is taking 80-100ml every 2-3hourly now.
Am I giving her too much milk?

My mum says 3weeks old baby should only be drinking 30-40ml, she says I forcefully feed so much which is not good for my baby stomach, and I should feed smaller amounts more frequently instead.

Any mummies can share how much and how frequently do you feed your baby?

Carebear8081

Hi, i visited my PD at week 1 and he commented that i underfed my newborn which was at 30ml. At week 3 now. Im feeding my bb at 70 ml every 2-3 hrs feed.

cyberie

80 to 100 ml is fine.. as long as ur baby can drink it and u are not forcing it down ur baby..
if she is full... she will reject...
every baby is different .. some drink more .. some drink less..

at about 3 weeks.. my ger was drinking 80 as well (every 3 hours)..

diza

To me that amt is fine. Different baby has different intake. Babies are smart. Once they are full, they will reject the milk. So don't worry Abt overfeeding... Just follow ur instinct.

KiBin

when your baby is hungry, she will cry for milk.
when your baby is full, if you feed her too much you will see "merlion".

General rule is that if your baby starts to get hungry in shorter and shorter periods of time, it means she is not drinking enough...

and as what others mention above, do not force feed your baby as he/she will be scared of bottle... drinking around 3 hours between each feed is normal...

Remember that every baby is different from other babies and so your baby might drink more or drink less...

PockyMummy

Don't worry.. It depends on each baby themselves, as long as they want to drink then we just give them lor.. My boy drank 70-80ml every 3 hours.. But sometimes he will make noise for milk every 2 hours.. Now he's 4months old, he's drinking 130-150ml every 2.5-3 hours.. LOL!!!

Jojoai

My boy used to drink 4 oz every 2-3 he since birth. So I don't think it's too much. Some babies have big stomach I guess.