How much of your salary do you spend every mth?

these are my expenditures:
125% --> bills!

i'm really struggling to pay off my cc bills. crazy woman - so caught up with novelty of cards then spend like mad.

hoping by mid next year it can reduce to:
40%: bills
20%: car (DH pays for most of it already anyway)
20%: DS
10%: savings
5%: parents
5%: me!!! :bcute:

tommyBoi

Alpha Male
Abt 70% of my salary goes to my wife. She is the Finance Minister and she is doing a good job so far. :001_302:

January84

for me, am saving more what i will spend =>

20% CPF
30% Joint savings
20% my savings
30% bills, transport, insurance, shopping for DS, daily allowance for breakfast and lunch from Mon-Fri.

DH cover all other expenses not listed above.. hhahah..
family and child insurance, maid, weekday dinner allowance, car installments, coupons, petrol, chill out expenses, etc. . . .

oikos77

Generally i will save a specific sum and then spend the rest. (50 percent)

My husband pays for the household expenses while i contribute to my son's future education
Perhaps would give him the lump sum when he turns 21 or when he settles down.

Last edited:

January84

Generally i will save a specific sum and then spend the rest. (50 percent)

My husband pays for the household expenses while i contribute to my son's future education
Perhaps would give him the lump sum when he turns 21 or when he settles down.

my son future $ also paid by my DH..... he is our President, CEO & CFO... hahaha...

Eh.. Single mum here... Nt separated yet, but soon...

I m quite lucky to get a rather gd paying job in the navy..

20% small gal's sch fees
10% diapers+milk
10% bills
10% household stuff to ease parents' load at hm
min 15% savings

the remainder 35% spend on my own lor..

sushigal

Before marriage, i can save a lot to go on trips frequently. My greatest exp was on trips then.

Now after marriage and ds born, my saving become 0 if not negative. =(

deelady

Hey mummies and daddies,

Some of your are lucky to have a good husband, good wife and some single parents.

Have u all thought of savings for retirement? does all this come across your mind or is it just all abt ur babies and family? =)
i'm single but i find it interested that how marriage can change a person's perspective.

CanCanMum

of coz marriage changes a person's perspective, can be a total 360 degrees change.

now we think of not ourselves nor our husbands when we act on a decision but all about our kids as priority.....

i have not thought about retirement but more of current like how much i can save for my son haha~~~:wong19:

bagaholic

me & hubby spent about 10-15% of our combined salaries.. the remaining goes to our savings for my daughter's future college education & housing.. :Dancing_tongue:

bagaholic

Wow....spending only at most 15%, then you save 85%...thats v high savings rate!
yes, we don't have a car and our condo is bought by my hubby's parents.. so no mortgage or anything.. and both our parents always rejects whenever we try to give them allowance.. they feel kinda insulted.. so, we only spend on what we really need (maid, food, maintenance).. we download movies from internet instead of going to cineplex & very seldom eat out.. trying to live as frugal as we can while my gal is still young.. otherwise, the older she gets her needs will increase as well :D

bagaholic

Qian1984, my in-laws don't live in singapore.. they live overseas, so I'm not staying with them... I know I'm truly blessed :001_302:

Qian1984

10% is slightly on the low side le.. hee.. but same as me la.. i spend watever i hv in the bank, tt's why every mth a lump sum is off to savings plans and insurance, left the remaining 20% for spending, this is then call forced savings.. somemore there are plans tt can withdraw $$ from it anytime once it accumulate at least $2K, so i wont feel so tied up for long period of time. lol..