How much you already saved???

Yes agreed, thats partly the reason so far I only used cash for my investment, cos the bank interest is really too low compared to what CPF give us.

We only use CPF to invest those endowments which we noe will have yield of more than 3% (CPF >$60k).
You seem v financially savvy!

MsKoh1973

Thank you, so far mostly invest in Endowment, Education and Annuity (for my husband), also dare not take in too much risk, no guts.

wanderful

Alpha Male
How does Stay Home Mum able to save $$..? My last day in my company is just another 5days more.. i am worried now after reading this. My saving only start when we saving for our marriage ceremony.. 10months for $17'000 which is all gone and our bank acct is back to ZERO.

I have saving in Prudential $80/mth and after 25yrs then can take it out.. By then i be 50yrs old and its only $24'000. Sigh! :001_07:

For my lil baby i have not yet save for her education or so.. how much should i put aside monthly? currently i just open Young Saver from OCBC.. whatever the amount is follow by her age... so she 6mth then its $600. dont know if thats good enough..? Please give me some feedback...:eek:15:
hello, may i know is $600 per month? Try not to invest in the edownment because it is not attractive anymore.

PerfectMum

From NUS website, it costs ~7K per year in tuition fees only for most courses. So for 4 yrs, you need at least 28K. This is based on today's prices though, so with inflation, it may go up to ~40K in 18 yrs time!

Let me know if you want other suggestions to grow your savings!
Yes!! I am interested to know suggestion on how to grow my saving..;) thank u so much for the tips..

Hi Perfect Mum, Jynnsan, there are 2 main ways to increase your savings.

1) Increase your earnings inflow by getting higher pay, getting a better job, starting side business..sometimes this is more difficult :err:

2) Start looking at all your expenses....your expenses should fall into 2 categories:

i) Fixed like loan payments to bank, HDB, car company, credit cards, school fees. This should not exceed 33% of your income.

ii) variable like food, shopping, entertainment that change month to month. This should not exceed 50% of your income.

If you can meet the above 2 criteria, you should be able to save at least 17% or one-sixth of what you earn.

For example, if you earn 3K/month, you should target to set aside at least $500/mth (6K /year) into your savings account.
If you can set aside 6k/year for 25 yrs at conservative 4%, it can grow to
250K!

MsKoh1973

I got buy some UT, but dun really like to buy too much cos the selling is not immediate, too much waiting time. now tat I m jobless, thinking of setting up online store to sell some stuffs, but still haven't figure out, what to sell ?

MsKoh1973

Thanks for the info, looks interesting, will find out more from my financial adviser, but he dun really like Pref Shares, he said if want, shd buy ord shares, cos the value would appreciate more.

rainbow123

Pref Shares different from Ordinary shares or even bonds are as below:

Pref Shares does not have maturity date so after April 2018 , if never redeem by company the payout will be 8% instead .

Poor liquidity compare to ordinary shares . You want to sell but no one might buy - so no good if you need to encash out urgently .

It cannot be convert to ordinary shares .

Just for sharing .. For more information , do refer to your Adviser. He should be able to share more.
Me limited information .. haha. :001_302:

MsKoh1973

Pref Shares different from Ordinary shares or even bonds are as below:

Pref Shares does not have maturity date so after April 2018 , if never redeem by company the payout will be 8% instead .

Poor liquidity compare to ordinary shares . You want to sell but no one might buy - so no good if you need to encash out urgently .

It cannot be convert to ordinary shares .

Just for sharing .. For more information , do refer to your Adviser. He should be able to share more.
Me limited information .. haha. :001_302:
Thanks, my adviser happened to come to visit us today, same story as he always conclude, he say if we like it, shd buy the ordinary shares instead of the Pref shares.

stonston

MissKoh, I used to operate a blog selling stuff but due to time constraints, I closed it.
If you want, I can share more with you.

The products are highly sought after & initially, you can do preorder if you don't want to keep stock. :)

I've closed the blog for 3 years already but I'm still getting a lot of requests & emails for the products. Maybe you want to try it out? If doing preorder, got little risk/upfront cash needed. Just need to be diligent in updating stock status & taking orders plus pack/send out orders.

MsKoh1973

MissKoh, I used to operate a blog selling stuff but due to time constraints, I closed it.
If you want, I can share more with you.

The products are highly sought after & initially, you can do preorder if you don't want to keep stock. :)

I've closed the blog for 3 years already but I'm still getting a lot of requests & emails for the products. Maybe you want to try it out? If doing preorder, got little risk/upfront cash needed. Just need to be diligent in updating stock status & taking orders plus pack/send out orders.
Thanks, would LOVE to have more details, can PM me your blog details or info about your product? Thank you in advance.