How often does your child falls sick after attending CC?

mouseaction

MY boy was worst. When I started him beginning this year for 3hrs pre-nursery class, from the 3rd week onwards he was down with cough and flu almost every week. When the school Term 1 is up, I discontinued his class.

tamarind

Hello babycutie, wave wave :001_302:

My 4 year old girl now get sick about once every 6 months. She attends nursery for 2 hours every day. When she was in playgroup at around 2 years old, she was sick every month, I stop letting her go to the playgroup after 4 months.

My 3 year old boy started attending pre-nursery only in July this year. He got sick 2 weeks after starting school. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

My colleague's 3 year old boy attending full day CC, get sick every alternate week.

I think the hygiene at the school is very important. Also non aircon environment is better. Also if the child has weak immunity, it is better to let him go to CC at an older age, like 4 years old. At that age, most kids do not drip saliva or suck on their fingers so less likely to spread germs around.

Last edited:

Mon_Mon

my girl falls sick almost every month. Fridge has all the medication for running nose, cough, fever. These are common when she started CC.

Her teacher told me to continue to send her there if she is not too sick e.g. mild running nose or slight cough. This is how they build their immune system. If they build up their system young, they won't have much problem when they attend school.

yoan

My boy 3 yrs old when I started him for 2hrs pre-nursery class, almost every mth with cough and flu.

BbYew

hihi,

My boy also attended CC @ the start of this year. He fall sick every alternate week with cough, flu and fever. I haf withdraw fr the CC since tis July. Now letting him be home school.:tlaugh:

Mon_Mon

I tried to give my girl health supplements to boost her immune system so hope she will fall sick less frequently from now on.

baobao

my DS was sick like bout twice a mth, with the coughs and colds. he was only 18 mths when i put him in childcare. but now he's 4 still in childcare, i gave him supplements when he's bout 2 yrs old. and he's stop getting sick tat much maybe like once aft every few mths.

Hmm.. once every few months?

isit bcos the CC is airconditioned?

the sch my son(4 yrs old) is attending is not air conditioned, the windows r always open.. plus he only attend sch for 3 hrs per day. so it's nt easy to fall sick, unless he comes in contact with sick classmates....

EforEileen

Hmm.. once every few months?

isit bcos the CC is airconditioned?

the sch my son(4 yrs old) is attending is not air conditioned, the windows r always open.. plus he only attend sch for 3 hrs per day. so it's nt easy to fall sick, unless he comes in contact with sick classmates....
mine cc is air conditioned and my 2 younger sons almost fall sick every mth.. mostly are cough and fever. but my daughter now in k2 hardly fall sick at all.

I tink they are too young and the immune system are not very good yet.

leesm105

I thot my son was really weak when he started cc last yr Jan. He fall sick almost alternate month. After knew that some of your kid acutally fall sick every month, I think my son still OK. It really heard pain when see them fall sick, especially high fever then end up with LS. I have brought him to see PD for high fever then chinese doc for LS. My leave really not enought last yr.

siah_kate

Just to side track abit, does any of your CC follows the primary school holiday? meaning no school during school term break eg Nov and dec?
Am sending my gal to CC next Jan when she turns 2. Falling sick i heard is very common cos they are suppose to built up their immune system this way and since they are in contact with so many other kids its kind of unaviodable to be spread by others as well.
Now shes quite ok prob only once per 6mths, gave her cod liver oil, massage so hopefully her immune system can still cope when shes in CC. Finger cross...

peanuts

Hi , i am new in this forum.I am a mother of two 5 & 2.5yr.I put my elder boy to CC since he was 3 yr and as what u gals experience get sick every 2 weeks.My boy is always down with sore throat and high fever until i was so drain out taking leave looking after him.Worst part was he will bring back the virus to my younger one at home.The virus will starts to pingpong around the house.
Each time they had high fever i will be very worry and hate to see them taking antibiotic every 2 weeks.CC always like to give cornflakes & biscuits which are too heaty for their body. Ever think of pulling him out of the CC but on the other hand worry that he will not learn all the basic pre-school skills.Some mothers told me once the kids turn 5yr old their immunity will be better . Is it turn.Pls tell me your experience. Right now i am considering whether to put my young one to CC or just PCF class (1-3 hr lesson) I hope shorter hours will reduce the possibilities of getting so many virus. Any idea if Flu Vaccination will help.Pls advice

estherlin

Hi , i am new in this forum.I am a mother of two 5 & 2.5yr.I put my elder boy to CC since he was 3 yr and as what u gals experience get sick every 2 weeks.My boy is always down with sore throat and high fever until i was so drain out taking leave looking after him.Worst part was he will bring back the virus to my younger one at home.The virus will starts to pingpong around the house.
Each time they had high fever i will be very worry and hate to see them taking antibiotic every 2 weeks.CC always like to give cornflakes & biscuits which are too heaty for their body. Ever think of pulling him out of the CC but on the other hand worry that he will not learn all the basic pre-school skills.Some mothers told me once the kids turn 5yr old their immunity will be better . Is it turn.Pls tell me your experience. Right now i am considering whether to put my young one to CC or just PCF class (1-3 hr lesson) I hope shorter hours will reduce the possibilities of getting so many virus. Any idea if Flu Vaccination will help.Pls advice

oh god...i was still thinking of sending my boy to cc, hmmm got to try out half day first.

peanuts

Hi Esther,
I guess eventually u will prolong to full day right? I guess the main problem is they eat , sleep & bath there.Especially eating there cos virus stays on their hands most of the time.If they love to finger licking good then bingo they got it again. My boy even get HMFD before.I just pray his immunity gets better and better after he turn 5 yr.Next will be my young one age 3-5 is the period their body learn to fight against virus.Now i let me kids take Manuka honey with UMF 20+ it has been believe to naturally fight against bacteria and infection.I would rather try them on natural vitamins then multi-vitamins from GNC etc....No matter how natural the promoter says it is still artificate to me. Hope to hear more mother give me advice & opinion. Cheers....