How old can sit highchair?

pkshl

my son had his high chair when he was 4-5mths old. head stable can sit already. but once he starts to turn u must be careful. i always strap my son with the safety belt on the high chair cos he will turn here & there, dangerous. scared he fall so must wear safety belt.

angelwendy

my son had his high chair when he was 4-5mths old. head stable can sit already. but once he starts to turn you must be careful. i always strap my son with the safety belt on the high chair cos he will turn here & there, dangerous. scared he fall so must wear safety belt.
Can i buy those sell at Ikea??

Phoebii Cheng

For me around 6mths cos' when my son is ready to eat solids then I intro him the highchair..........

Wendy I think you can buy those Ikea one, they also have the safety belt

pkshl

wendy, personally i also prefer ikea's high chair, the plastic 1, when dirty is easier to clean. unlike mine at home is those with cushion, when food lands on it is dirty & need to always wash. troublesome.

catherlyn

Is high chair a must?? Cos my ger still sitting in her bimbo chair n join us at dinner table haha... We just place her chair on the adult chair n eat with us

diymummy

My boy alternates between his high chair and bumbo from 6 mths to 17 mths. Now he;s only on the high chair.

And catherlyn, I also got put my baby on bumbo on dining chair. But, my baby is a wriggly worm. He almost fell once. After that, we never do that liaooo.

We currently using the Ikea chair. $25!

adelynn

my girl started sitting in her high chair between 4 to 5 months. before that she was on 'training' in the bumbo seat.

i now alternate between the bumbo seat, high chair and those travel sack child seat that can be used on most chairs and she's okay.

angelwendy

I tried using bumbo chair... but he keep on looking on his feet.. making me so hard to feed him.. now feeding him on his fisherprice rocker... will go buy a highchair better....

allycat

Quan still cant sit on his own and our wooden highchair seems a bit big for him. Would a bumbo be a better choice?

Mummy to Baby V

I have a love-hate relationship with Bumbo seat and Chicco highchair.

When baby was 4-5 months (head very stable), we let him sit in Chicco highchair during our meals. Reclined the backrest.

After he can sit up straight, Fisher-Price portable booster seat is our favourite. Saves space, portable and easy to clean.

When baby is in Bumbo, watch him at all times, even though seat is on the floor. Strong babies can stretch and fall out. Never place Bumbo seat on a raised surface, many accidents have occurred before. Pls read the warning on your Bumbo seat.

Ikea highchair is fine for older babies / toddlers who finish their meals fast. There is no leg rest, so dangling legs can get tired after sitting for too long.

Our detailed reviews:
Review: Chicco Polly 2 in 1 Highchair
Review: Bumbo Baby Seat with Play Tray
Review: Fisher-Price Healthy Careâ„¢ Deluxe Booster Seat

izanyzam

I placed my boy in his Bumbo seat when he was about 3months plus..Till he got a bit too chubby for it..Then i bought him the Chicco 2-in-1 Poly Highchair when he was about 6months..It was a splurge but we intend to keep it for his siblings (ehemmm...!!)..He didnt like it at first but now he's enjoying himself whilst in it..!!! I love the huge tray since i can dump so many stuffs on it to entertain him..!!! :001_302: