how old to intro bb to brush teeth???

Phoebii Cheng

I started since he was born, at first started with using cloth to wipe his gum, then after when he has a few teeth, use those finger toothbrush, when he was 1yrs old started to intro toothbrush to him, since then we have been brushing his teeth, my son now 2yrs old:tlaugh:

jojoki

hi my 15 month old is very into brushing her own teeth. Before she will ask me to brush for her, ever since she watched this 15 ms educational dvd we got from NLB, (Be clean, be healthy) shes been hoggin the toothbrush! n i must say she can brush fairly well for her age! u may wanna go borrow the dvd ;p (if ur bub is a tod!)

whn younger i just use cotton n water to clean/ rub gums n tongue, i still do actually.

apollo

my pd told us to use finger brush to brush for ds once he has teeth until 18mths den intro those kiddy toothbrush and only 2yo onwards den intro kiddy toothpaste =)

HTH =)

Mummy to Baby V

When he started having teeth, I brushed them with a finger toothbrush, then gradually upgraded to a toothbrush. When he fusses about it, i wipe his teeth with a clean wet handkerchief (a very good dentist taught me this).

Can bring child for first dental check at 2 years old.

diymummy

I used a finger brush when he had his first tooth at 9 mths but he has been resistant even till now at 18 mths. Nonetheless we still brush his teeth everyday. Hopefully they're clean enough

newmum80

well, the thing is my son have no teeth yet so i'm wondering can i use those finger brush to brush his gum ? or better to use wet cloth?

LoVeS

it advice tat once ur bb start to haf teeth then u should start brushing their teeth alrdy~ slowly ard 1yr+ u can try let the bb brush by themselves~

my son now have 2 bottom front teeth... just growing out... do i need to clean his teeth??

use the finger toothbrush??? But how to do it?? hmm...

cmeilim

my boy has grown five pearlies since 10 mths but it was completely lost on me that i should have started brushing or at least cleaning his teeth. will start soon!