how to clean baby hair scrap

hi,

my baby is 3 months old..
can anybody teach me how to clean my baby hair scarp?
thanks
Hi Little Pig,

I think you mean the flakes on the scarp, right? If I'm right, just apply abit of baby oil on your baby's scarp. Wait for 5 mins to soften the flakes on the scarp. Then, gently comb the flakes out. Finally, wash baby's head. Do this over a few days to get rid of the flakes on the scarp thoroughly.

LoVeS

Hi Little Pig,

I think you mean the flakes on the scarp, right? If I'm right, just apply abit of baby oil on your baby's scarp. Wait for 5 mins to soften the flakes on the scarp. Then, gently comb the flakes out. Finally, wash baby's head. Do this over a few days to get rid of the flakes on the scarp thoroughly.
yeah tis method is very effective~ If the baby got only 1 small patch, juz 1 time will do the wonder which i did on my baby ger once only BUT if is big patch then try do it a few days time n dun try to keep comb to xpect all the flakes to come out ~

diymummy

That method didn't work for my baby because we found out that those tiny flakes were actually due to allergy so it was eczema instead of cradle cap. So we had to wash his hair and then apply a prescribed moisturizer on his scalp after his hair dries.

Girafee

hi,

last time my baby also has the cradle cap, and i used the Johnson & Johnson baby oil to apply on his head, however, may be the oil is too strong and end up my baby's head skin turn red. Then i changed to the pigeon's brand, which is good.... so becareful on the baby oil that you are using. Try to apply little amount first, to see whether you baby's skin is sensitive or allergy to the oil....

Just share with you this...

Actually if the cradle cap doesn't really bother baby, just let it fall out natrually.
Trying to remove it the wrong way may result in intense pain for baby, because you must remember that it is part of the scalp.

Just try to bear with it, and it will come off eventually.(usually by the time baby is 10 mths). Same theory for post paturm hairloss.

jojoki

leave it alone, it will go off, my bb had cradle cap, even her eye brows. by 4 mths all gone di!

PinkDiamonds

DD had very bad cradle cap. Was using J&J but her scalp turned red immediately and it was so itchy for her. So we just used olive oil.

Although her cradle cap is now cleared, whenever I notice her scalp getting dry (she has very dry skin), I will put some olive oil on and she'll feel better. You can get them off the shelves I believe, but I got mine from national skin centre's pharmacy.