How to complete stop breast milk??

boggie

:embarrassed:Hi any one

I had breast feed my girl for 1yr 3 mth. Had stop for abt 5 mths. but there seem to be some milk remain in the breast. Is it ok? will it be completely gone?

I am quite worry as recently found that the milk had turned yellowish. Wondering will it be of a BAD SIGN??

Any suggestion to clear all milk fluid in breast for full complete stop of breast milk?

any advise of what i shld have done or shld do when i stop breast feeding?

rdgs
boggie

eeshern

I want to stop nursing but my son whom is 11 months old is very used to having it esp b4 he sleeps n he does wakes up several times at night for feeds. how do i slowly stop feeding him? thanks heaps!

hop3ful

Hi, I am thinking to stop BFing my son as well when he is 12 mths, maybe now u can start to intro FM to him and let him get used to the taste before stopping BF completely?

babybigu

I have been bf my son exclusively since birth till now. He is 13 months old. I am not sure how to stop bf and to let him have formula. any advise?

Phoebii Cheng

Hi babybigu,

mayb u can introduce FM to him by mixing BM with a little FM, then slowly increasing the FM......so tht he can get used to the FM taste.

as for stopping BF, u can "drag" ur BF time mayb if u r BF ur bb every 3 hrly, u can BF bb every 4 hrly, then 5 hrly etc....this way it will reduce ur BM till become completely gone :tlaugh:

Phoebii Cheng

:embarrassed:Hi any one

I had breast feed my girl for 1yr 3 mth. Had stop for abt 5 mths. but there seem to be some milk remain in the breast. Is it ok? will it be completely gone?

I am quite worry as recently found that the milk had turned yellowish. Wondering will it be of a BAD SIGN??

Any suggestion to clear all milk fluid in breast for full complete stop of breast milk?

any advise of what i shld have done or shld do when i stop breast feeding?

rdgs
boggie

Hi boggie,

I hv nv experience the milk fluid turning yellow, but mayb u want to consult ur gynae abt this? or mayb call up lactation nurse?