How to increase breastmilk?

Always remember that the supply of breastmilk is directly proportional to the demand. You can express more breatmilk if you let your baby latch more frequently on you. That's how it works. Galactagogues such as fenugreek may or may not help with the milk supply. There is no scientific evidence that supports it fully. So to answer your question on how to increase your milk supply, latch your baby on you.

Keep well.

andieluv2

ilovebbdylan:739277 said:
i bought mine from here after seeing it advertising in magazine

http://www.originsjamumassage.com/Sacred-Tea.html
Does it work for you? I am juz 1 day into drinking. Haben see effect yet.

faster engorgement when i drank during confinement and after. not immediate effect though, for me, it took around 2-3 days. i drank 3 cups a day continously till i finish 1 pack. everytime i feel supply dropping, i continue.

and do not soak the seeds for too long or else it will be bitter and awful.

Last edited:

ling.er

When on confinement , after latch n pump cannot take plain water .. All I can take is milo n red date tea..

Latch more on night.. 2-5am is the best time for mmilk flow...
So far each time I pump out now is about 50-60ML
Consider good for me already.. After confinement wil get more water in order to boost my supply..

Mummies out there jia you  

andieluv2

ilovebbdylan:739337 said:
faster engorgement when i drank during confinement and after. not immediate effect though, for me, it took around 2-3 days. i drank 3 cups a day continously till i finish 1 pack. everytime i feel supply dropping, i continue.

and do not soak the seeds for too long or else it will be bitter and awful.
My supply dropped alot after I start on 12hrly pumping and bcoz I start to wrk, I supply dropped further. Initially I was thinking of stopping liao. Then I saw this sacred tea. Wanna give it a last try before I give up. I hope it wrks too for me but fenugreek not really effective on me eh.

maybe fenugreek helps initial early stages better. sacred tea also contains fenugreek, thats why i choose it since like all in one.

as long as there is milk, try feeding lor till diminish:) mine fall in volume since my menses came at 5 mth

Windcloud

Help ! BM decreasing ... ;( ... have Twins to feed.

Initially, during 1st month, I pumped twice a day with latching. It increased from 30-40ml per session to at least 120-130ml after 2 weeks and peaked at 150ml or more for another 2 weeks.

However, towards the end of 2nd month, the supply slowly drops to 100-120ml per sessions. Then I tried latching more with no pumping or just 1 pump for a week. And the supply suddenly drops drastically !!! To only 50-80ml per session !!!!

Now end of 3rd month, only 40-70ml per session !!! (I pump twice a day) ;(

It's dropping ;( how ?

Hence, I tried fenugreek for a week but no effect and I now try pumping 3 times a day (for a few days) but supply didn't increase, still at 40-70ml per session.

I eat fish daily & drink papaya fish head soup every 2-3 days but seems not taking effect ;(

Any other methods that can boost milk supply per session significantly ? Pls hlp !

Sobz sobz sobz

xsher

I'm facing this problem as well. The whole of this week, supply drop drastically and I'm returning to work this coming Monday :(

Need advice too. Been drinking sacred tea but no improvement either. Already on 4th pack .. Sigh ... Currently feeding my baby with frozen bm.

Jojoai

Latch & pump & latch & pump !!! That's what I used to do for my nb. Ended up with oversupply. But it's better more than less !! Nursing tea / fenugreek works great !! Although I over supply I still want more. Is kind of an addiction. Lol. Papaya & fish bone works best for me !!! :) remember to always be determined and don't feed formula !!! Jiayou ladies !! I bought all my things from Gera Little2belles. Is cheap really cheap ! & deliver to door step with additional $3 !!! Very good service !! Hope this advise helps ! :) you can consult gynae or lactation consultant for help too !

Maggiequek

I m facing low supply of milk too. My baby is currently a week old.. I tried pumping every 3hrs but my milk only get lesser :( demoralise...

Hi maggiequek, this is only the beginning. As long as u keep up with the 3 hrs pumping, n take some supplements as suggested by some of the mums here, or the cookies that I've tried, the milk will come. All of us have been thru this before.

Maggiequek

Hi maggiequek, this is only the beginning. As long as u keep up with the 3 hrs pumping, n take some supplements as suggested by some of the mums here, or the cookies that I've tried, the milk will come. All of us have been thru this before.
Its normal if e milk is lesser?? Since I don't feel any engorgement...

Ur bb is only a wk old. So ur breasts r still trying to generate the milk. As long as u 'deceive' ur breasts tt ur bb needs more milk by constant latching and then pumping, then ur breasts will generate more milk. The supplements and even the cookies only will boost ur milk supply - they r afterall not miracle pills. And they improve the quality of milk. We still need to put in the hardwork. Jia you.