How to make milk for baby

actan1

Alpha Male
Dear all,

My baby gal is coming mid of april... Can u all help to advise the following as my wife also do not know...

1) how to make milk for baby like how many spoon of milk power to how many ounces..... how hot or how warm can we feed the baby...
2) for newborn, how much are we supposed to feed her ???

Thanks to all..

AugBoyz

1) how to make milk for baby like how many spoon of milk power to how many ounces..... how hot or how warm can we feed the baby...
There is a guideline on the FM tin, just follow n make adjustment according to your baby's stomach; i.e. even thou the tin says 0-3mths shld drink 60ml it is ok if ur baby drinks less or more. The info is jus a guideline.

Milk temperature shld not be too hot. After u mixed the milk, drink some on ur wrist which is most sensitive on temperature. If u feel its hot then chances are it is for your baby. Can put the milk bottle under running tap to cool the temperature OR like me, I use a bowl, put some ice cubes n add some tap water, put milk bottle in n few mins later the milk is not so hot.

Usually NB drinks abt 30ml on the first few days.

January84

Dear all,

My baby gal is coming mid of april... Can u all help to advise the following as my wife also do not know...

Thanks to all..
1) 60C, 1 spoon is 30ml of water.

2)or newborn, how much are we supposed to feed her ???
Normally NB drink 30ml first few days then u can increase by 15ml to 30ml, depending how much your baby can take... my baby is turning 3 months but she has been on 120ml when she turned 2 months. hahaha...
but if your wife can BF, then there is no guide to how much bb drink, will stop when they are full.

CDL

To mix FM, you 1st need to sterilise the equipment - bottles, teat, cap. Water for th milk should be boiled and warm (body temperature or slightly warmer). POur water into the bottle and then add the FM (amount of water and FM will be indicated on the time but yes for newborns it is usually 30ml water and 1 scoop of FM). You can adjust the proportions subsequenrtly to suit baby's needs (if too heaty, add more water but do be aware that if FM too diluted, baby will not be getting enough nourishment).

Do however try to have baby breastfeed for as long as possible before introducing FM.

Enjoy parenthood!