How to make sure yur child behaved when shopping?

vodkager

my DS currently 14mths.. also started walking.. i really had a terrible time bringing him out.. shouting and screaming at him won't works.. sometimes i feel so angry i feel like strangling him!! especially while we're having our meals.. he doesnt want to sit for long and wanna come down and walk! hais.. if i dun, he starts to scream his lungs out.. HELP!!!

Last edited:

rjj

Actualli, many pple will tell u:

- Never use ur hand as the punishment tool. if u realli need to give ur kid some physical punishment, use a ruler or another object (eg rubber band like wot Aby mentioned)

- Never use 'writing' or 'reading' or 'studying' as a punishment. it will lead to e child resisting any form of such activity in future, even if it is fun, cos they already noe: writing/reading/study = punish
Cannot arh??? Then how???? It did help them to behave somehow..... Ya, school work how??? Headache leh ....

`julee

actuali hor.. my dd behave much well if with me alone.. with hb, she is very active.. often i wil ask hubby chase.. hehx

we jus bought this thing call tot-a-long.. its a stringie thing where one side dd wears it and another is the parent lor.. kinda like the dog thingie thing (sori brain not functioning)
at first, she very happy with it. in fact it was like she taking dh for a walk.. after awhile she got irritated cause couldnt run freely...

now i cant find it.. i got a funny feeling she hid it... hmmm

priscilla

When ds was at that age, I usually bring along some of his favourite toys, books and snacks which help alot. And with me alone, I have the "doggie lease". And will let him know that if he behaved through the trip, he can go to play at the playground. Ds loves the playground from 9 months onwards.

It is more difficult to bring him shopping when he is bigger now. He has his own mind, so normally, we will go with him to see what he wants to see first before going for our shopping. If we are in a rush, usually we will have an agreement at home first before going out so that he knows what is expected of him.

galmummy

Hi mummies
My ds now 14mths.. recently noe how to walk and climb up stairs. Everytime bring him out shopping/ inside train, he juz couldn't sit on his stroller. He would want to get dwn and strt walking ard and exploring, after tat get himself dirty by crawling on the floor. Often tried to stop him but the more we do tat, he struggle more. How do most of u deal with tis? :embarrassed:

hehehe... I think that is the norm.

My kid is like that too :p

I let her be, as long as she is not taking breakable items.

But I will walk off, and leave her there when she gets out of hand (of course, at a safe distance so that I can see her).

When she sees me walking off, she will either cry or follow me.

So I take the chance to carry her and distract her from whatever she is not suppose to do ;)

liangmum

hi mummies,
Thanks for all yur ideas, they are helpful. I tried on my Ds and now he's much more behave. It was rite tat nowsday kids have their own mind and sometime we've to let them have their freedom to explore then they will realise wat's going on. As for punishment is only a temp. solution.