How to make ur toddler sit still in the chair during mealtime

tinkerball

im not sure if this works for you, but i gave small toys for my son to play with while he eats. try to give different toys at every meal. alternatively play their favourite cartoon show on tv while they feed.

yan2

My dear daughter watches her show or plays her toys while i feed her, sitting in the high chair.

dont allow toddler to run around during meal time and you chasing him/her to feed.

shahlin

Any parents can recommend their methods?
My girl will sit. After 5 mins she wants to get out of her chair.
Favourite toys, books, simply anything that your girl likes to play with. Just to get her distracted while eating.

For my boy, playhouse disney channel and his 2 small bikes work wonders!

Try it!

Cheers!

Mummy of 2 soon!:Dancing_tongue:

yakii

Any parents can recommend their methods?
My girl will sit. After 5 mins she wants to get out of her chair.
We will put my DS on the high chair so he cant run anywhere. He will sit and eat his meal till he finish if not he wont be able to come down to play. We will at times on his cartoon for him if not his favourite book to read while we feed him. Now he self feed and sit beside us during dinner time. So far so good but still in his high chair

J

justforgags

Jz wanna share wit u guys bout my cousins nightmare during meal time wit her DS n c if u guys can gv a lil help on tis..

Irregardless of meal time my cousins always hv to run ard the hse to feed her DS n wen i come up with the solution to put him in the highchair on every meal, it doesnt wrk as well.. He will try to kick the highchair wen we try to put him in n i ask my cousin to try other approach like give him toys n put in the tray infront of him n it wrks tat he finally sits in without kickin the chair wen we try to put him in but he'll purposely keep on throwin his toy car on the floor till my cousin got backache to keep on bending dwn pickin up the toycar.. Tis only happen at hm n she experience worse eating out n she loses hell lots of weight running ard catchin her super active 15mths old toddler cz she will end up nt eating:Dancing_furious::Dancing_furious:.. Any solution for me to help my poor cousin.. She's a FTWM n dun hv enough rest during her off days n wen she gets hm..

stonston

Jz wanna share wit you guys bout my cousins nightmare during meal time wit her dear son and c if you guys can gv a lil help on tis..

Irregardless of meal time my cousins always have to run around the house to feed her dear son and wen i come up with the solution to put him in the highchair on every meal, it doesnt wrk as well.. He will try to kick the highchair wen we try to put him in and i ask my cousin to try other approach like give him toys and put in the tray infront of him and it wrks that he finally sits in without kickin the chair wen we try to put him in but he'll purposely keep on throwin his toy car on the floor till my cousin got backache to keep on bending dwn pickin up the toycar.. Tis only happen at hm and she experience worse eating out and she loses hell lots of weight running around catchin her super active 15mths old toddler cz she will end up not eating:Dancing_furious::Dancing_furious:.. Any solution for me to help my poor cousin.. She's a full time working mum and dont have enough rest during her off days and wen she gets hm..
sounds exactly like my boy!

our solution (not the best but better than nothing):
let him sit on the living room floor (so he wont dirty the sofa) and watch educational children programs while eating.
and we try to delay his mealtime so when he's hungry, he'll eat faster.

now he's more willing to sit in the baby chair but must be watching tv.

when we dine out, he's amazingly 'good' cos he loves to play with the fork/spoons/cup/chopsticks. he'll pretend to be eating with us. sometimes when we nvr notice, he'll actually steal some food from us to eat!

J

justforgags

sounds exactly like my boy!

our solution (not the best but better than nothing):
let him sit on the living room floor (so he wont dirty the sofa) and watch educational children programs while eating.
and we try to delay his mealtime so when he's hungry, he'll eat faster.

now he's more willing to sit in the baby chair but must be watching tv.

when we dine out, he's amazingly 'good' cos he loves to play with the fork/spoons/cup/chopsticks. he'll pretend to be eating with us. sometimes when we never notice, he'll actually steal some food from us to eat!
Tat is so cute!!

But he prefers drinking he's milk n chupa chups for meal.. He only behaves well wen his mummy is not thr.. Behaves really well...