how to manage?

apple_san

Hi mummies out there,

Wanna share how you manage to look after your newborn baby at home when only you alone?

I'm a MTB. I'll be doing confinement at my MIL house and aft tat will move back to own house and look out my 1st baby by myself. I'm wondering, how am I go for shower when no one help to to take over looking at my baby.

apollo

Hi mummies out there,

Wanna share how you manage to look after your newborn baby at home when only you alone?

I'm a MTB. I'll be doing confinement at my mother in law house and after that will move back to own house and look out my 1st baby by myself. I'm wondering, how am I go for shower when no one help to to take over looking at my baby.
my advice is, during ur confinement, esp on the 2nd week onwards, carry and learn to take care ur baby often... if not ur baby will 'recognise' ur mil's smell and not urs, and u will have a hard time taking care of him/her aft ur confinement...

for shower, b4 ur hubby goes wk or aft he comes bk from wk.. breakfast: prepare some bread or biscuit at home... lunch: if u can, bring ur baby to get ur lunch or just cook some simple food... dinner: wait for ur hubby to come bk..:tlaugh:

snowbear

Hi mummies out there,

I'm a MTB. I'll be doing confinement at my mother in law house and after that will move back to own house and look out my 1st baby by myself. I'm wondering, how am I go for shower when no one help to to take over looking at my baby.
Hi apple_san,
I've been a stay at home mum for the past 14months and taking care of baby on my own. Although my mother in law stayed over at my place to cook confinement food for me in the first month, she cldn't help me look after baby at all so I did everything on my own although I had c-sect.

In general, just rest when your baby rests so that you dont become a walking zombie. You can shower when your hubby comes home or when baby's asleep. Anyway, for newborns who can't move about on their own, you can bathe even when baby's awake (provided baby's not fussing). After awhile you'll get a hang of taking care of baby on your own. Learn how to take care of baby from the nurses during your hospital stay so you dont need to rely on others' help when you get home. :)

apple_san

Hi apple_san,
I've been a stay at home mum for the past 14months and taking care of baby on my own. Although my mother in law stayed over at my place to cook confinement food for me in the first month, she cldn't help me look after baby at all so I did everything on my own although I had c-sect.

In general, just rest when your baby rests so that you dont become a walking zombie. You can shower when your hubby comes home or when baby's asleep. Anyway, for newborns who can't move about on their own, you can bathe even when baby's awake (provided baby's not fussing). After awhile you'll get a hang of taking care of baby on your own. Learn how to take care of baby from the nurses during your hospital stay so you dont need to rely on others' help when you get home. :)
Snowbear,

I agreed with your reply. thks.

apple_san

my advice is, during your confinement, esp on the 2nd week onwards, carry and learn to take care your baby often... if not your baby will 'recognise' your mother in law's smell and not urs, and you will have a hard time taking care of him/her after your confinement...

for shower, before your hubby goes wk or after he comes back from wk.. breakfast: prepare some bread or biscuit at home... lunch: if you can, bring your baby to get your lunch or just cook some simple food... dinner: wait for your hubby to come back..:tlaugh:
Hi regina,

True.. have to let my baby regonise my smell den MIL. my hubby working hour not flexis maybe when he back, I'm already rotten. haha...

jasobias

Learn how to take super quick showers!!hahah..thts wht i do..3 min showers!!!
Then food for lunch if got no time to cook can eat sandwich or something.Easy to prepare n can still rush to baby while eating.I eat also very fast.No more than 5 min.
After staying at home a while i learn how to do things damn quick.Can be hectic lah but no choice

apollo

Hi regina,

True.. have to let my baby regonise my smell then mother in law. my hubby working hour not flexis maybe when he back, I'm already rotten. haha...
maybe lik what snowbear mummy suggested, bathe when baby is slping. but baby reach 2mth+, have to be careful cause no one knows when they will start their 1st flip. u're staying alone right? maybe u can bathe in ur room, look the room door and dont close the bathroom door. lik tt u can monitor ur baby anytime.. :001_302:

apollo

Learn how to take super quick showers!!hahah..thts wht i do..3 min showers!!!
Then food for lunch if got no time to cook can eat sandwich or something.Easy to prepare and can still rush to baby while eating.I eat also very fast.No more than 5 min.
After staying at home a while i learn how to do things damn quick.Can be hectic but no choice
i used to eat SUPER SLOW!! but ever since i started taking care ds, gonna RUSH! if i have 5min for a meal, i'll be v glad.. cause sometimes aft a few mouthful, i gonna attend to ds... now i learn to be smart liaoo, eat some biscuit when ds is slping.. LOL!!:tlaugh:

meiteoh

Get a bouncer/swing and a crib mobile. These will save your life - literally. They'll keep your baby occupied and allow you to do little things that you used to take for granted like eat, shower, pee, poo and well, even go online.

Other than that, rest whenever you can and get your hubby to help! Seriously, BFing and taking care of a newborn is not easy and can be tough if you have a particularly fussy baby who won't take longish naps or sleep for long hours at night.

snowbear

maybe lik what snowbear mummy suggested, bathe when baby is sleeping. but baby reach 2mth+, have to be careful cause no one knows when they will start their 1st flip. you're staying alone right? maybe you can bathe in your room, look the room door and dont close the bathroom door. lik that you can monitor your baby anytime.. :001_302:
The safest is to leave bb in the cot/playpen when you need to go to the bathroom or do something so that even if bb does his first flip bb'd would still be safe. :)

chelle

i m also a 1st time mum who was alone with my BB after confinement.
I learn how to bathe my BB after 2nd week and start to be more involved in taking care of BB. 1st few weeks are more difficult but once things fall into a routine, it will b easier.

U can place ur BB in his cot n bathe with door open.
A few times during my bathe, my boy cried, i had to rush out with water dripping and stuff his pacifier into his mouth and rush back to quickly finish my bath.

As for meals, i try to eat heavy bkfast (hubby buy b4 gg to wrk) then for lunch, juz eat simple things like sandwichs/biscuit with milk.
Dinner wait for hubby to buy back.
If really no1 to buy, call 67773777, MacDonald delivery!

autumn82

Hi mummies out there,

I bathed early in the mOrn (7am) b4 DH goes to work/Iggy's asleep and in the nite after Iggy turn in for the nite (ard 8pm).

For the 1st few mths, just left him in his cot, floor mat coz he still didn't know how to flip.. :)

Agreed with chelle, once there's a routine, everything would be easier.. It gets better each day! :)

candy_ian

i'm a stay hm mum with a 6 month old monster, been taking care of him since dishcharge with no confinement lady only maid to do household chores, she doesn't touch my bb. Ordered tingkat confinement. Bathe bb in the morning alone though i had c-section as i wanted n love bonding.. When bb sleep leave him in the cot then faster bathe. When he gets bigger n takes shorter nap i put him in the rocker with mobile n open door bathing.. U'll get the hang of it don't worry

uddermummy

i used to wait for someone to come home before bathing, or would bathe before my hubby goes to work.

when dd was older and could sit in a bouncy chair without screaming, I started putting her in the chair and would place her at the entrance to the bathroom and bathe with the door open.

This has worked for me v well the past 3 months. My girl is always v fascinated by the shower and would usually sit there quietly while I finish my showers.

Maybe my girl actually enjoys the sight of me being naked! hahahaha.:shyxxx:

MomoMummy

i m also a 1st time mum who was alone with my baby after confinement.
I learn how to bathe my baby after 2nd week and start to be more involved in taking care of baby. 1st few weeks are more difficult but once things fall into a routine, it will b easier.

you can place your baby in his cot and bathe with door open.
A few times during my bathe, my boy cried, i had to rush out with water dripping and stuff his pacifier into his mouth and rush back to quickly finish my bath.

As for meals, i try to eat heavy bkfast (hubby buy before gg to wrk) then for lunch, just eat simple things like sandwichs/biscuit with milk.
Dinner wait for hubby to buy back.
If really no1 to buy, call 67773777, MacDonald delivery!

haha.. same same. just finish my mac .. hubby overseas working. im alone with dear daughter for 3 days. my mother onli cums 1h in the day..

when i sure she sleeping, i take my shower. probably about 10 mins. must dry somemore cos i notice my dear daughter dont recorgnise me when i let down my hair. haha

yesterday pacifier drop i also grab towel, run and put pacifier for her. she look at me blur thinking whu is this.. hehehe.

initially will get really tired. but when time progresses you will get the hang of it.

probably you want buy a baby chair? onli $30. kiddy palace got sell. those can strap baby want. it really saves me a lot of time. when she is awake during the day, i put her there.. i eat, hang clothes ,watch tv ,online when she is looking at me.

lphbrenda77

I am a first time mom as well. Have been taking care of my 3 1/2 month old baby since she has been discharged from the hospital. The first month got help from my aunt, so I learnt to bathe her during the second week of my confinement. I will bathe when she is sleeping or right after her feed. I dun take more than 10 mins to bathe during the weekdays. Then I will have my long bath on th eweekend when my hubby is around.
Dun worry you will be able to manage!

Hi,

I agree with the ladies and would like to share a few tips.

Tip 1:
It helps to know your baby waking time in the morning/ feeding time, once you figured out, it will be easy to work out a schedule. For e.g, I will bath my baby half an hour before his morning 1st feed. Then, after feeding, let him play for 2 hours before patting him to sleep.

Tip 2: You may want to consider a part time maid to do the basic housework once or twice weekly.

Tip 3: Plan ahead what you want to do when baby is sleeping.

Tip 4: I will on the tv for my baby to watch while I do something near him/ eat my meal. This is to distract his attention on me.

Tip 5: Get a sound monitor device. When I am doing housework and baby is sleeping, I will on the device so that I know if my baby has wake up.

Hope these tips help.

chelle

I am a first time mom as well. Have been taking care of my 3 1/2 month old baby since she has been discharged from the hospital. The first month got help from my aunt, so I learnt to bathe her during the second week of my confinement. I will bathe when she is sleeping or right after her feed. I dont take more than 10 mins to bathe during the weekdays. Then I will have my long bath on th eweekend when my hubby is around.
dont worry you will be able to manage!
Yeah, me too, i take a longer bathe when my hubby is ard on weekend, i told him is my only luxury..:Dancing_wub: