How to shampoo baby's head n wash off without baby struggling n crying?

wxw001

Hi mummies, I need some advise. My baby's coming 1 soon. We use to bath him in the bath tub with j&j top to toe soap for both head n body. But recently, he scratch his head so bad that there are many scratches. So we decided to shampoo his head with the same soap(more concentrated with bubbles). But each time we pour water to wash off his shampoo, he cries. How do u wash yr baby's head?

Phoebii Cheng

1 ? meaning 1 years old?

When my son was one, I shampooed his hair with a seperate shampoo and body wash....I told him to look down, close his eyes while I wet his hair, shampoo it and then rinse off

wxw001

Ya 11months old. He scared. Today we wash him without the shampoo... Then he kept looking at our hands to see if going to shampoo him a not... I think he has phobia for shampoo...

ast0212

My husband showers with our son since he was 4 months old, so before we put his head under the shower we'd count 1 2 3 and immerse his head under the shower. He's gotten used to that and know what is to come. Maybe use less shampoo? Too concentrated and it may dry out his scalp and cause him to scratch more.

bakaholic

Is he scratching cos of itch? what shampoo brand are you using? Should consider those milder ones. My boy has sensitive skin so i use sebamed baby hair and body soap. It's not very moisturizing so i still put some moisturizer on him after bath.

I think Gaia or california baby has some for sensitive skin.

wxw001

Aiyoh... I use j&j top to toe wash for both his head n body... Maybe too much for him... My boy can't put on moisturizer. He sweats a lot n I dun on zircon for him. I'm afraid he gets used to it, then when he grows up, he can't tahan non aircon... Sigh

bakaholic

J & J may be drying to some babies. I only use J&J shampoo for school and i brought sebamed baby for his body.
At home, i use sebamed baby for hair and body.

You can try other brands cos if he has scratches on his head, even sweating can be painful.