How to treat heat rashes?

tulip_nel

Dear Mummies,

My baby is sweating a lot due to the current hot weather and he is also very active. It often cause red heat rashes around his neck.

How do you normally treat the heat rashes???

Appreciate your advice.. thanks...

Ting

wipe n clean his neck area (or whichever area) often.
keep it dry.
let him wear cooling clothes n hydrate him with more fluids.
you can also apply some baby powder to keep it dry, but wouldnt really recommend it as the powder might enter thru his nostrils.
i usually apply a thin layer of aloe vera gel to ease the itch.

Phoebii Cheng

Hi

I normally buy this heat rash powder from the medical hall, everyday will dab some on my son's neck and recently he have some on the folds of his arm....after dabbing a couple of days the rash disappear....

My son since young have heat rash on the neck .....as for heat rash on the bottom, we use drapolin, the purple colour one

apollo

use wet hanky to clean the area often. and aft bathing, apply baby lotion, DONT apply powder cos it might worsen the rashes =)

Starbat11

Dress him in light cotton clothings. It will help alleviate the heat. I normally use physiogel on any red spots on my son's face and body.

Pamper

actually my girl too.. n wat i did was i apply the nappy rash cream (drapolene) on her neck n it turns out well.. ^^

Pamper

oh ya.. try to wipe his body more often to cool down the overall body temp.. n not jus the neck.. that's wat i feel is better..

tulip_nel

Thanks for the advice..

Will try to wipe him more often... Currently i have been using desitin for his nappy rash cream.. Can I use that as well?

apollo

Thanks for the advice..

Will try to wipe him more often... Currently i have been using desitin for his nappy rash cream.. Can I use that as well?
i used desitin for ds's heat rashes on neck b4. it works well but i dun use it often on areas other den butt too often =)

Pamper

Thanks for the advice..

i have never tried desitin before.. but im using mustela vitamin cream barrier.. jus that mustela is white in colour n not like drapolene will "disappear" after applying so i nv use mustela.. if desitin also will "disappear" type then i think it's ok.. cos personally i don like to c my baby's neck got white white cream stain.. ^^