jojoki

wow u guys are all so lucky ..me:

house = hubby (CPF) cos i aint got any CPF
all household expenses = me
all bills (pub etc) = me
tv license = me
all baby's needs, supplies = me
all household furniture and appliances = me
to cut short everything me except the hdb flat through his CPF.

access to any of his money = NO!
any allowance for me = NO!
his debts for me to pay for him = YES!!

sigh... somemore ask me to stop work after i deliver to take care of baby.. i cant even imagine that!!!! somtimes he dun even bother to pay for his own hp bills... i had to coughed up $300 over jst last month to pay for his hp bill after his line got cut!!
insurance = me
maternity fees = me
his clothes, undies, contact lenses, etc = me

MsKoh1973

I m impress, you never wk out the finances before marry?

What you working as? Very high pay.........Better to save more in view of this economic crisis.

yennee76

Car loan & expenses. = > All expenses are from my side. But i dun own a car
Baby expenses. = oso me
Maid expenses. = no maid, but need pay my parents allowance
Housing loan. = oso me = CPF
Insurance???? = oso me

all funds are managed by me....i hold onto his atm card tat belongs to his current account. He has an atm card tat is our joint account. He gets his allowance thru interbank transfer...i will check his account periodically and transfer funds to him when its almost used up. Will ask him sometimes if he spends too much $$....so far this has worked ok for us. But hor we are still average only...not rich but not poor. I had to use this method because he is tat kind who will spend $ without saving...ask him to manage sure die one.
cancanmum...how did you convince you dh to hand over all his $$ to you to manage? my dh also one that will spend everything (4D, toto, stock)...

CanCanMum

cancanmum...how did you convince you dh to hand over all his $$ to you to manage? my dh also one that will spend everything (4D, toto, stock)...
hi yennee babe~

i din convince him....he passed me willingly.....perhaps he noes he is not up to the "standard"...heheheh

jojoki

I m impress, you never wk out the finances before marry?

What you working as? Very high pay.........Better to save more in view of this economic crisis.

ya never talk about money before marriage i told him i'm very simple.. if he provides porridge i eat porridge if he provides rice i eat rice. I dun need luxury, just necessity. But after marriage, found out he had lots of skeletons in the closet.. which we will need to work out for a long time. My pay was average now low bcos i got paycut after preggy. Ya got to work out finances carefully but wont die one la.. canto got one saying.. "yau sau yau keok ng wui sei" got feet got leg wont die.. just got to work hard lor..

Funz

Me & my older sis were just commenting the other day that we a bit dumb leh when it comes to household expenses and $$ matters. A lot our our working frens all say their husband pay for everything and even give them allowance.

For me,

Me - maid, groceries, kids' sch fees & necessities, my parents' allowance

Him - utilities, conservancy, his parents' allowance

both - house, our own cars, insurance, holidays,

No allowance from him. What he earns he keeps, what I earn I keep.

We both transfer a sum of $ to a joint account every mth which is used for adhoc stuff like household repairs, or holidays. We also transfer to our kid's a/c a sum of $ mthly as savings.

mrskw

my situation quite like Funz, we both take out some money for household expenses, then for our own personal things we just spend our own money. but after reading this thread i really admire the ladies here, so expert at controlling DH's money! now im starting to think im quite dumb, seems like ladies should take charge of the man's money to protect themself?

Angelvan

Car transport & expenses. > I pay for my own. He pay for his own.
Baby expenses > Shared, unless i go shop for my own.
Maid expenses.> House maid, paid by in laws.
We give allowance to MIL parents for taking care of house/confinement/baby full time instead.
Housing loan.
> House not ready & still building. Will intend to use both CPF to pay for houseloan.
House allowance to MIL > Shared, mostly i get him to pass me the cash in full.
Electronics > Him, unless i wan to share as a pressie for belated BD.
Groceries > Shared but he insist he must pay for Milk Formula & Diapers being round up to the nearest hundred.

Didnt thought of him to pass me his ATM card.
If got also not much left after paying this & that, so to hold his ATM card also no point.
And I believe my $$$ management is poor, as im big spender as compared to him. Kekekeke

After readin thru the cost of living & types of diff. patterns.
I will ensure to sit & have a agreedment how to spilt the cost for our future hosue & household cost.
As to avoid any future problems to arise.

mrskw

I stopped working after giving birth to my first child. All household expenses are paid by my hubby and he will pay for all my shopping expenses. The best thing abt him is he never questions me about how I spend his money. :Dancing_wub:
wow so nice of ur hubby u lucky woman! i wonder if my DH will do the same thing if i stop working next time. maybe i should start to brainwash him now. any tips? lol.

CanCanMum

oh mrskw!

i can oso see u everywhere worhz....

lols!!!

Bahahahahhahaha :Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue:

MummyLinda

Hi all :Dancing_wub:,

All items are shared between hubby and me. We didn't specify who pay for which item.( I think this method more harmony). Anything hubby will pay using our funds and for my side, I will keep a small sum for our daily food.

Its fate that brings 2 person together, give and take its the key to successful marriage. :welaugh:

joeichen

Hee... I hold his ATM n all his pay. He get his allowance weekly. Guess he prefer tis way, coz i used to question alot abt hw he spend his $ n mostly he gt pro remembering n answering so in the end he give up...

MummyLinda

I think I am like yr hubby. I rather keep a small sum for our food and the rest he will handle it through our Joint Account so that no worries and headache for me.

**Nothing can scare me except being poor, heheeee** - Anybody has the same thinking as well?

snowbear

After reading the thread ' Did your husband give you monthly allowance'.
It just occur to me, how couple out there split their cost of living.
Car loan & expenses.
Baby expenses.
Maid expenses.
Housing loan.
Insurance????
My hubby pays for everything and gives me an allowance coz i'm a SAHM. :Dancing_wub:

karoru

Car loan and expenses.> he paid for it... he said i will need to share with him in future when i got my licence... hee...
Baby expenses > trying to half half but i paid 80% now
Maid expenses.> no maid
Housing loan. > no loan coz staying with my father-in-law
Electronics > half half
Groceries > most of the time him unless i go shopping for groceries alone...

i m trying to establish another more efficent family $ management since i m now pregnant... we used to just half half and don really bothered about who is paying... but no cannot coz expenses sure go up since another additional member into the family... i oready feeling it since pregnant with all the medicial checkups, tests and etc... still got to buy a lot of baby stuffs in near future...

mummymag

We go by ratio.

First work out a list of family expenses and let's call it total monthly family expenses.

Total pay = DH's + mine

His monthly contribution = (DH's pay / Total pay) * total monthly family expenses
My monthly contribution = (my pay / Total pay) * total monthly family expenses
We maintain a joined-account to account these funds.

I ask for some monthly pocket money from DH and he is nice to give it to me too. :)

Anything relating to individual such as insurances, savings, retirement planning, etc, we'll manage on our own.

This is a pretty good arrangement suggested by his advisor friend.

When I was working we settle our own bills & expenses, things like PUB is bore by him. We managed a joint acc which we didn't touch unless in case of emergency. Hospital (when ds born) expenses was taken from my medisave. Now since am a SAHM he bore almost everything (mortgage, maid, etc) except for my education :)