Hunger Pangs

newbie2009

How do you MTB control your wt? how do u curb the desire to eat? or u do not have gain much wt?

Pls advise what should I do.

Basha

How do you MTB control your wt? how do u curb the desire to eat? or u do not have gain much wt?

Pls advise what should I do.
Eat in moderations...nvr curb on ur desire to eat...I've gained 7.8kg since Day 1 preggie but i ate as per norm lyk pre-preggie...now into my 26th week...:Dancing_tongue:

newbie2009

Eat in moderations...nvr curb on ur desire to eat...I've gained 7.8kg since Day 1 preggie but i ate as per norm lyk pre-preggie...now into my 26th week...:Dancing_tongue:
I have been trying to reduce my intake. Initially been taking bread to curb the hunger, then my gynae says that i am gaining too much wt. too much carbo le. so started to take fruits. but if eat fruits will still feel very hungry *very miserable*. Heard lately that eat too much fruits also no good. as it might lead to diabetes. So now resorting to eating boiled vege......

Help....very miserable now. but the mere tot of the doc telling me that i gain too much wt made me alittle upset.

Basha

I have been trying to reduce my intake. Initially been taking bread to curb the hunger, then my gynae says that i am gaining too much wt. too much carbo le. so started to take fruits. but if eat fruits will still feel very hungry *very miserable*. Heard lately that eat too much fruits also no good. as it might lead to diabetes. So now resorting to eating boiled vege......

Help....very miserable now. but the mere tot of the doc telling me that i gain too much wt made me alittle upset.
How much weight hv u gained & ur into how many weeks now...? My gynae do tell me not to drink MILK coz i gained quite fast BUT I didnt even drink any MILK...!! And my bb is abt 1KG now he's into 26weeks..gynae mentioned that he should be abt 700grms @ dis stage...

newbie2009

How much weight hv u gained & ur into how many weeks now...? My gynae do tell me not to drink MILK coz i gained quite fast BUT I didnt even drink any MILK...!! And my bb is abt 1KG now he's into 26weeks..gynae mentioned that he should be abt 700grms @ dis stage...
I gained about 6kg since I was pregnant. I am currently into my week 13. Not sure how heavy my bb is. Mayb its due to the milk that i drink. Previously I drink alot of HL milk, but realised that whenever i have milk, I will have diahorrea. And could be also due to the bread that i took, took like 6 slice of wholemeal bread in a day. My doc told me to cut down on my carbo.

Basha

I gained about 6kg since I was pregnant. I am currently into my week 13. Not sure how heavy my bb is. Mayb its due to the milk that i drink. Previously I drink alot of HL milk, but realised that whenever i have milk, I will have diahorrea. And could be also due to the bread that i took, took like 6 slice of wholemeal bread in a day. My doc told me to cut down on my carbo.
Woah woah woah...guess ders ware ur weight gained real alot by drinking milk & dos wholemeal bread....

ZombieMum

Hi there,

Should try drinking soya bean, less sugar, preferably warm. It's good for pregnancy. If u think drinking milk makes u put on much weight, try alternate it with soya bean and 'dou hua'. Also, don't try to stuff urself with big portion of food everytime per meal. Moderate will do, then in between if hungry, eat snacks like biscuits and cereal? Think will help. I think I heard some documentary said bread is fattening! :p Don't know true or not ah...Anyway, just eat in moderation will do la. Eat nutritious food, not large portion of it. Good luck ;)

newbie2009

Hi there,

Should try drinking soya bean, less sugar, preferably warm. It's good for pregnancy. If u think drinking milk makes u put on much weight, try alternate it with soya bean and 'dou hua'. Also, don't try to stuff urself with big portion of food everytime per meal. Moderate will do, then in between if hungry, eat snacks like biscuits and cereal? Think will help. I think I heard some documentary said bread is fattening! :p Don't know true or not ah...Anyway, just eat in moderation will do la. Eat nutritious food, not large portion of it. Good luck ;)
I been eating in moderation. Just that in the past, whenever I am hungry, I will have 1 or 2 slince of bread, then 2hrs later will be hungry again, then will more bread. I think the milk and the bread must b the biggest culprit for my wt gain. Hopefully will not gain so much wt le. Will see my gynae end of this mth.

Thanx for your tip. Will try to drink soya milk.

M&M

eat normally my dear. nvr try to curb your desire to eat. whatever food just eat in moderation. try to avoid junk food like potatoe chips, chocolates, coke etc. remember yr bb needs all the nutrients to grow n the nutrients comes from what u eat.
hmm.. i've read somewhere that all the nutrients we eat r absorbed by the bb. however fats r retained in mommy's body. so u know wat i mean la. kekeke.

newbie2009

eat normally my dear. nvr try to curb your desire to eat. whatever food just eat in moderation. try to avoid junk food like potatoe chips, chocolates, coke etc. remember yr bb needs all the nutrients to grow n the nutrients comes from what u eat.
hmm.. i've read somewhere that all the nutrients we eat r absorbed by the bb. however fats r retained in mommy's body. so u know wat i mean la. kekeke.
oh my gosh. now i know where the extra pounds goes to le. haha. my wt has ballooned quite alot since i was preggie.

i gess i understand why some says that bbs are "suckers" (well all these is for the positive sense) I noticed that i also get alittle more 4getful lately. haiz.

ya i already tried to avoid junk food. now only eat 2 slice of bread. then my hubby will wake up in the morning to boil veg for me to bring to work. b4 leave home, will have a bowl of HL milk with coco crunch. Will also have at least 1 fruit every day.

babymiki2003

I think i can understand how you feel. i'm approaching 12th week and i gained 4 kg compared to before pregnant.

i can't reduce on my food intake as once i feel hungry i will vomit. I also took 6 pieces of bread in a day from breakfast to just before dinner. Also, whatever i eat i must feel happy after eating. Else I will feel like eating more though I'm full.

but i only gained 1kg + from the last time i visit my gynae. i hope he doesn't says im putting on too much weight. :embarrassed:

hueychye79

Babymiki2003, I have same situation with you.

Feel hungry will vomit also.. And always feel hungry during office hours..

12pm have lunch, 2pm feel hungry...

Always need to prepare cake and buns after my lunch..

:nah:

Already gain weight about 1.5kg >_<

And I am just 8 weeks pregnant (6 weeks conception)

:embarrassed:

newbie2009

I think i can understand how you feel. i'm approaching 12th week and i gained 4 kg compared to before pregnant.

i can't reduce on my food intake as once i feel hungry i will vomit. I also took 6 pieces of bread in a day from breakfast to just before dinner. Also, whatever i eat i must feel happy after eating. Else I will feel like eating more though I'm full.

but i only gained 1kg + from the last time i visit my gynae. i hope he doesn't says im putting on too much weight. :embarrassed:
What is your wt now? your ht? how much did u weigh b4 your pregnancy?

babymiki2003

huey, i eat breakfast at 6.30am, by 9+ i must eat bread/some snacks.

by 11-12 i must eat my lunch. 2-3pm light snacks, 4-5pm light snacks again before actual dinner at 6+.

after dinner, i eat fruits, if not i'll eat peanuts. then i'll drink milo before i sleep.

now come to think of it, i really ate a lot.
my hubby says just eat lah, what to do. then my MIL says after 1st 3 months should be better. and I'm starting to get slightly better already... ya la, slightly only, better than nothing.

I am officially 55kg this morn. has been hovering on 53-54+ past the past 3 weeks. i must maintain at 54+ before i visit my gynea this sat!

newbie2009

:nah:

Already gain weight about 1.5kg >_<

And I am just 8 weeks pregnant (6 weeks conception)

:embarrassed:
its quite ok to gain about 1.5kg i think.

what i can advise for those MTB that are hungry easily like me, to try to have more fruits and more vege. All the fibre will help to bulk up your stomach so that you will feel full faster, so that you will not eat so much. hope this will help u.

I know how you (HueyChye79 & BabyMiki2003) feel. I been through that stage too. On one hand, you do not want to gain to much wt for fear of complication later, however you cannot control your hunger. In addition, you will worry whether the bb in us will get enough nutrients. Must b very taxing on you. Just relax alittle babes. No worries and enjoy your pregnancy.

babymiki2003

i;m not worried the bb not enough nutrients. if we eat till like this still not enough nutrients then really cham liao.

i'm only worried the baby is too nutritious and become too big!

newbie2009

i;m not worried the bb not enough nutrients. if we eat till like this still not enough nutrients then really cham liao.

i'm only worried the baby is too nutritious and become too big!
that is the complication that i am refering to lor. btw how do you plan to deliver your bb? know if its a boy or girl le? how many weeks le? how much u weighing now? i am still putting on wt. going to see my gynae end of this mth. going to get nag by her again. haiz.

hueychye79

Newbie 2009, about the nutrition for the baby I am not worry

Because gynae give me the folid acid and the multi-vit..

I would think is enough to supply to my baby, plus I take the calcium supplement everyday..

I am just not use to be eat so many thing in a day..

Before pregnant 3 meals a day, after pregnant 6 meals a day..

Ghooosssss.... Can I go back to my weight after I give birth..

:err:

newbie2009

Newbie 2009, about the nutrition for the baby I am not worry

Because gynae give me the folid acid and the multi-vit..

I would think is enough to supply to my baby, plus I take the calcium supplement everyday..

I am just not use to be eat so many thing in a day..

Before pregnant 3 meals a day, after pregnant 6 meals a day..

Ghooosssss.... Can I go back to my weight after I give birth..

:err:
If i am not wrong, the calcium supplements are for you, coz the bb will sap away all your calcium whether u like it or not. hence u are just replenishing what u lost.

yes i know how its feel dear. I am also like having like 6 meals a day. Almost like every 2-3hrs will feel hungry. Nowadays i will wake up in the morning feeling hungry. In the past i can sleep all the way, and not feel a thing. lately I cannot seem to tolerate hunger. Then when want to sleep, also cannot b hungry, else cannot sleep. haiz.

i guess its not only you that is worried about regaining your old figures and weight. Then again its just a process of being a mum i guess.

hueychye79

Newbie2009, so far I don't have the experience hungry in the midnight..

But I will wake up after I sleep about 3-4hrs to pass urine..

But hor, later on cannot sleep well..

How many weeks of your pregnancy now?

Maybe I am still early... (I am about 8 weeks (6weeks conception))

^_^