Hungry ghost festival

Gem2505

gem- thats scary~ =X

cant go out at night ehhh? oopsie, im like meeting my gf to party this sat.. think i shlall go home after the sun rise. =X
haha! but u stayed out the whole night lor.. -_-" just be careful can already. enjoy~!

Madako

Wow, i am pregnant and i always have to drive my girl back from my mum's place every night. Am worried...

How to avoid such things from following us?
I saw "scissors. metal thing in red packet", what else?
For my girl? Where do you get the red string? From which temple ah?

TANZHENZHI

Yes i heard about it too that this year 7th month very fierce. So better be home early after work. Take care everybody. :)

PTB7476

Wow, i am pregnant and i always have to drive my girl back from my mum's place every night. Am worried...

How to avoid such things from following us?
I saw "scissors. metal thing in red packet", what else?
For my girl? Where do you get the red string? From which temple ?
not metal thing in red packet ...it is a piece of metal thing eg key or safety pin or scissors and a red packet with some small amt eg $2. and these things are good to have for us as well as young kid

PTB7476

gem- thats scary~ =X

cant go out at night ehhh? oopsie, im like meeting my gf to party this sat.. think i shlall go home after the sun rise. =X
:tlaugh:u are so funny...go home after sun rise and not sun set :tlaugh:

jasobias

whoa..i am not chinese but all this is sure spooking me out..hehheh
i just tell my kids dont step over the offerings n candles..watched too many horror movies abt the hungry ghost festival liao

apollo

it is good to learn and know more abt the hungry ghost festi but mummies, rmb dun get over paranoid. Just do things as per normal and dont step on those u shdnt be stepping, dont anyhow spout nonsense.. as for the rest, try to follow but if cant, what to do? lik the rubbish chute thingy, if ur hse really happen to be right beside one, there is nth much u can do right? can always ask the family members to throw the rubbish. =)

just my humble 2 cents worth =)

jeinthiangel

Just to share my experience, I am non chinese but I believe in all these Hungry Ghost thing.

For me on National Day , What i did was all the window in my house i hung a crystal piece so as to ward off evil as I am on the second floor and placed 2 iron nails on the window grills gap as well.

Reason is my blk ever a woman jump down some 3yrs back when we are still here. After that sometimes at night my dogs howl at my hall window which directly faces a tree.

Now that I am pregnant just taking some extra precaution. Whenever after work I come home I keep a bottle of water outside my gate, I will wash my feet at the doorway before entering. And I ask everyone to follow that at home too.

Every evening make sure I light my alter and pray to gods to protect my house.

dl28

i am non chinese but i rather be safe than sorry. for me i can see and sense them but the seeing part is not too clear..thank god for that..Hubby fetches me from work and thereafter no going out at all.
praying all will be fine.

me too will leave a pail of water outside to wash feet...

xicloudix

- dun get to paraniod/ scared.... "ghost" tends to disturb those who are scared of them, show them u are not scared, be brave.... as long as they see u so "brave" they dun dare to disturb you.... infact they are scared of humans too (brave ones)....

- u can put a red packet with promgrate leaves, tea leaves, a pinch of salt , a pinch of rice. My ahma usually pack this for us in the 7th mth/ visit cemerty, funneral etc

- dun anyhow curse and swear, keep ur mouth zip... dun anyhow say things also.... best zip...

- dun anyhow step...

- DO NOT HAVE BELLS/ wind chimes, both my ah ma and mother in laws says it will lure the ghost to u.... dun anyhow shake ur keys also got the sound "ling ling ling" ....

Dun scared ur self.... its not so scary... those still preggy mummies, please keep ur cool... dun affect ur pregnancy... juz be careful can already

this post getting quite eerrie and scares alot of ppl... haha

xicloudix

XiCloudix - thanks for the infos... Anw just curious.. Y cannot curse or swear?

u will offend the ghost, later some think u are scolding them then they come after u....

its true, when i was small, i went to this medium, got 1 guy his mouth crooked... then the medium says he anyhow curse and swear, ask him say sorry... after that he is ok...

Madako

not metal thing in red packet ...it is a piece of metal thing eg key or safety pin or scissors and a red packet with some small amt eg $2. and these things are good to have for us as well as young kid

I see.
So just 1 metal item, 1 $2 in a red packet ill do?

I will prepare 2 sets for me n my girl then...

allypoh

All I know is, the excessive burning by some irresponsible people (meaning they dun bother to burn in the bins, they burn them anywhere and everywhere but the bins), is giving me a headache, and my hubs told me its bad for my health to go out coz of air pollution....
Not too much abt the pantangs and all that.

angelwendy

All I know is, the excessive burning by some irresponsible people (meaning they dont bother to burn in the bins, they burn them anywhere and everywhere but the bins), is giving me a headache, and my hubs told me its bad for my health to go out coz of air pollution....
Not too much about the pantangs and all that.

:tlaugh:i think as long as we r living in asia country... this will always happen... just bear for this month

PTB7476

All I know is, the excessive burning by some irresponsible people (meaning they dont bother to burn in the bins, they burn them anywhere and everywhere but the bins), is giving me a headache, and my hubs told me its bad for my health to go out coz of air pollution....
agreed they are irresponsible... the town council already provided the bin why cant they jsut share it with others . if it is the older generation i dont blame but it is the younger generation that is still doing such thing...my goodness

apollo

every yr during lunar 7th mth, my ezcema will get worse.. but like what Wendy said, no choice, have to bear with it. 1 mth will pass very soon =)