Husband in operation theater?

nsync_su

Hi ladies...
I really need to know if my hubby will be able to be by my side when im in the operating theater for my c-section tis coming thursday? I'll be in kkh.. Has anyone requested to have their hubby with them? My 1st c-section, hubby didnt get to go in. Now im having my second child, i really hope he can accompany me as high possibilities tis will be my last pregnancy.

Anyone done tis before???

apollo

u opting for GA or epidural? i dunno abt kkh, but for TMC, they do allow hubbies to be inside the threatre with the wife IF the wife is opting for epidural. for GA, confirm cannot go in. =)

nsync_su

you opting for GA or epidural? i dont know about Kandang Kerbau Hospital, but for Thomson Medical Center, they do allow hubbies to be inside the threatre with the wife IF the wife is opting for epidural. for GA, confirm cannot go in. =)
Epidural is half awake rite? And GA is total asleep???

apollo

btw my fren gave birth her 2 kids at kkh, the most recent one is ard 7=8mths ago, both under c-sect Epi, but her hubby cannot go in..

NursMama

i think for govt hospital, the husband is not allowed to go in the OT.... mine was at S.G.H ... for both times, hubby was not allowed to accompany me inside...

my sister In law was at T.M.C ... her husband is allowed to go in ... think she was on epidural...

i think for govt hospital, the husband is not allowed to go in the OT.... mine was at S.G.H ... for both times, hubby was not allowed to accompany me inside...

my sister In law was at T.M.C ... her husband is allowed to go in ... think she was on epidural...

hmmm... when i was doing attachments in NUH, the husbands were allowed to enter lehh...

at MAH, husbands allowed entry if epi or spinal. if GA, cant enter.

sufeit0115

I had emergency c-sect under epi at KKH last Nov...my gynae made an exception for my hubby to go in, based on what my gynae said for kkh rule... hubby is not allowed to go in OT for emergency c-sect, but for elective c-sect under epi hubby is allowed to go in (if under GA strictly not allowed)....but i was surprised to hear my mummies in forum said KKH don't allow hubby to be in OT even for elective c-sect under epi. I guess maybe depend on your gynae??

apollo

I had emergency c-sect under epi at Kandang Kerbau Hospital last Nov...my gynae made an exception for my hubby to go in, based on what my gynae said for Kandang Kerbau Hospital rule... hubby is not allowed to go in OT for emergency c-sect, but for elective c-sect under epi hubby is allowed to go in (if under GA strictly not allowed)....but i was surprised to hear my mummies in forum said Kandang Kerbau Hospital dont't allow hubby to be in OT even for elective c-sect under epi. I guess maybe depend on your gynae??
may i know which dept u went? under subsibies or TPS? i wonder izzit tt under TPS hubby can go in but if is subsidies, cannot? cos my fren was not under TPS, she said the gynae said hubby cannot go in..

sufeit0115

may i know which dept you went? under subsibies or TPS? i wonder izzit that under TPS hubby can go in but if is subsidies, cannot? cos my friend was not under TPS, she said the gynae said hubby cannot go in..
hi apollo mummy, yes i was with TPS. I asked my gynae for consent before the operation (i guess she saw my exhausted face after 36 hrs of failed induction that's why allowed). Is it becos under subsidies, you cannot choose your gynae so that's why cannot? or should say nobody to seek consent?

apollo

hi apollo mummy, yes i was with TPS. I asked my gynae for consent before the operation (i guess she saw my exhausted face after 36 hours of failed induction that's why allowed). Is it becos under subsidies, you cannot choose your gynae so that's why cannot? or should say nobody to seek consent?
i think shd be bahh cos i heard tt TPS is under private, the charges everything is all base on private charges, so i think their ways of handling certain things also follow rivate hospital???