I need advise, please

tinklish

Hi all! I am getting rather worried and anxious...hope to hear your valued advises...here is my story..

I had my full mense period in the month Junuary (12th was my first day)..then, on month February (approx. on the 11th), i had spotting for one day (never experienced this before)...last two weeks ago, I tried testing for pregnancy..but was negative..then a few days ago, i was tested positive..

Saturday (14/2) - i was tested positive three times.. twice in the morning using the cheap pregnancy strips and once in the afternoon using Clear Blue pregnancy kit.

Sunday (15/2) - tested positive once in the morning using Clear Blue pregnancy kit.

Monday (16/2) - tested positive twice in the morning using the cheap kits before going to the gynae..

I know I am rather Kiasu..haha..

Gynae cant see my water bag yet..didnt do any urine test for me cos I told him I have tested so many times already...He ask me to come one more week to see how...he says, i am approx 4 weeks pregnant...

I did tell him that im having menstrual pain at my lower ab. Dunnoe whether it is normal. He says it could be due to the stretching inside..sigh...Is this normal?? Can it be a false positive (im crossing my fingers)..?

I am really worried and anxious now..Maybe because I badly want this pregnancy (its a planned pregnancy) and this is my first time. I do not know what to expect...

Please advise..thanks..

apollo

hello, if urs is only 4th week pregnancy, think still early to see anything in the scan.

cos i was also like u (kiasu) LOL! the moment I test the kit with positive, I went to my gynae on the same day and gynae didnt see anything in my womb and keep ask if i'm sure i see a + on the kit.

but after minutes of scan, she spotted a super mini waterbag which was around 3mm only. I was told that i was in about 4week+ to 5week pregnancy

dun wry, if u're really pregnant u'll get to see the waterbag on the 5th week onwards... =)

tinklish

Thanks for your reply.

At least you are able to spot a super mini waterbag..I didnt had anything.. haha..

I hate waiting..the suspension is such a killer :) ...i hope to see something at least on my next visit..

what im abit worried is that im having menstrual like cramps..its exactly the same like the ones you will have before your menses.. I read its not a good sign ?? thou doc says it cld be due to stretching? Did you encounter cramps too??

joeichen

Thanks for your reply.

At least you are able to spot a super mini waterbag..I didnt had anything.. haha..

I hate waiting..the suspension is such a killer :) ...i hope to see something at least on my next visit..

what im abit worried is that im having menstrual like cramps..its exactly the same like the ones you will have before your menses.. I read its not a good sign ?? thou doc says it cld be due to stretching? Did you encounter cramps too??

Its quite normal if its ur 1st pregnancy. The cramp is bcoz of expending of womb. My 1st scanning during my 2nd pregnancy also cant c anything so my doc suggest i test again which the "line" was not very clean also.
Oh ya.... the cramp mayb continue thru out the pregnancy period.

apollo

Thanks for your reply.

cos tt time i was nearly 5 week pregnant so can spot a little. sometimes even 2 days difference, the waterbag or baby's size will make a big difference de.. fang xin fang xin.. =)

yes i've encounter menses cramp during pregnancy.. even before i know that I'm pregnant. my gynae said it's very normal as long as the pain is still bearable. Even till now, i still tend to feel the cramp, dunno if that's contractions anot.. lol...

tinklish

Its quite normal if its ur 1st pregnancy. The cramp is bcoz of expending of womb. My 1st scanning during my 2nd pregnancy also cant c anything so my doc suggest i test again which the "line" was not very clean also.
Oh ya.... the cramp mayb continue thru out the pregnancy period.
thru-out?? well, i wldnt mind as along as the baby is fine and healthy :) of course it gotta be bearable.. ;)

tinklish

cos tt time i was nearly 5 week pregnant so can spot a little. sometimes even 2 days difference, the waterbag or baby's size will make a big difference de.. fang xin fang xin.. =)

yes i've encounter menses cramp during pregnancy.. even before i know that I'm pregnant. my gynae said it's very normal as long as the pain is still bearable. Even till now, i still tend to feel the cramp, dunno if that's contractions anot.. lol...
Thanks for sharing...i feel better now. I guess I gotta let nature takes its course again.. haha..

So, which gynae u girls are seeing? today was my first visit to Dr Adrian at Compass Point :)

forbearing

Thanks for sharing...i feel better now. I guess I gotta let nature takes its course again.. haha..

So, which gynae u girls are seeing? today was my first visit to Dr Adrian at Compass Point :)

hi girl,
dont stress yourself k..everything will be fine..
BTW am also seeing DR adrian from compass point..
:wong29:

hstan15

hi tinklish

i had similar experience as you. in the initial stage, i brought different brand of test kits (i think total up got near to 8 test kits) and tested positive. went to GP but negative. i test again when i went for holiday in malaysia, positive, come back, see Gp, negative.. then i went to see my gynae, see a black spot, suspect pregnancy but cannot confirm so took blood test. and god bless me, doctor called me and confirm i pregnant then..

I have spotting few times and was so worried and went to see gynae, he told me at times spotting is a good sign. So no worry ok? everything will be fine

CanCanMum

hello tinklish,

its still a very early stage of pregnancy. Now i recalled i felt bloated most of the time.....cramps..yeah, sometimes.

i only knew i was pregnant when i was 6 weeks....

so try to relax your mind, read more baby books and watch more comedy shows, most imp stay cheerful and not worrisome....time flies and soon you will be in 2nd trimester!! (12weeks)

congratulations.

M&M

dun worry. if test kit tested positive (n so many test kits), it is definately positive liao. i tested with 4 test kits before calling up the kkh line to make appointment with my gynae. the nurse on the line still laugh at me. i told her i tested positive with test kits n so wanna confirm my pregnancy with my gynae. she laugh saying silly girl me. its confirm positive liao n congratulate me. i was estimated to be 4 weeks pregnant then. i tested for pregnancy way before my menses is due, becos i suddenly experienced change in appetite and the smell of bakery make my feel nausous. mine was super early that's y couldnt see any waterbags at all. my gynae did caution me that i might experience spotting or cramps and they are nothing to be worried of becos it is a sign of implantation of the embro. so dun worry and congratulations!
worry only if the pain is very severe (not normal) and there is bleeding(not spotting).

tinklish

hi girl,
dont stress yourself k..everything will be fine..
BTW am also seeing DR adrian from compass point..
:wong29:
My first impression of him during my first visit is that he is very professional..he seems to know what he is doing. I heard delivery by him is good too!!!!

My next appt is comin monday at 1:00pm..hope to see something..im so so scared of false positive..

khaosan

Hi hi,

I'm like u, very kiasu also, I test myself on the day my mense supposed to due, but was negative. Had a strong feelings that I'm pregnant but tried testing again 1 week later also negative. (my mense was regular, 1wk delay is something uncommon).
Went to see normal GP also test negative until I went to see Gynae to have blood test then confirm I'm pregnant.
Understand your anxiety to know the results. I had spotting and abit cramps too, doctor gave me a jab (for "an tai") and medicine, and 2weeks bed rest.. now I'm 16wks liao.

So, don't worry too much~ :) just take it easy, rest more.

yakii

Dun get urself so stress up ba..relax...if have will have de....different ppl got different reaction one...relax:001_302:

tinklish

Hi girls! Thank you so much for all your advises.. I really do appreciate all your replies. It makes me feel less worried and more comfortable in what I am going through..Thank you so so much...

Sigh, starting to have tail bone pain! heard from my mum-in-law that if tail bone pain, it will b a painful pregnancy..haha..anway, anything for my lil one.. as long as he/she is healthy and fine... :)

Gelyn

Hi Tinklish, I think its just too early to see any waterbag yet. Maybe you should go and check again when you are in your 8 weeks. Don't panic first, take it easy first. :)