I need confinement lady - Any strong recommendation?

confinement Lady

Hi all,
ANy good confinement lady to recommend. Hopefully someone cantonese and good at making tonic soups.

Hi,
I am due in August 09. Would really appreciate recommendations of CL. And let me know why you think she is good. Please provide contacts as well.

Thanks.

JeannieKhor

Hi,
I am due in August 09. Would really appreciate recommendations of CL. And let me know why you think she is good. Please provide contacts as well.

Thanks.
HI Preggie,

I'm working as a Confinement Nanny for the pass 3 yrs in JB, Kuala Lumpur, Penang & Ipoh. My age is 50 yrs old & I can speak English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien & Hakka. I had undergone training through my aunt who had 16 yrs experience as a confinement nanny. I'm also been trained by my friend who is a Paediatrician on breastfeeding & baby care.
I serve 3 meals plus tea snacks per day. Breakfast is serve either nourishing noodles with meat & vegetables or western breakfast. Lunch & Dinner are serve with soup, meat/fish & vegetables. Tea snack is serve with light desert. Tonic drink is serve during the night for the mother to consume before she goes to bed. Nursing the mother health back to pernatal state is important.
Mother's bathroom will be cleaned 2-3 days once due to the stain cause by the herbal water. Before I leave the bathroom I use will also be cleaned.
Baby will be taken care day & night. Taking care of the baby hygiene, bath, change nappy, help the mother to breastfeed the baby day & night.

This year I'm already been booked unitl JUNE'09 & I'm still available from END JULY'09 onwards. If interested please contact me

Handphone +6012 517 9748 or email to jeannie.khor@yahoo.com

Queenbabe

HI Preggie,

I'm working as a Confinement Nanny for the pass 3 yrs in JB, Kuala Lumpur, Penang & Ipoh. My age is 50 yrs old & I can speak English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien & Hakka. I had undergone training through my aunt who had 16 yrs experience as a confinement nanny. I'm also been trained by my friend who is a Paediatrician on breastfeeding & baby care.
I serve 3 meals plus tea snacks per day. Breakfast is serve either nourishing noodles with meat & vegetables or western breakfast. Lunch & Dinner are serve with soup, meat/fish & vegetables. Tea snack is serve with light desert. Tonic drink is serve during the night for the mother to consume before she goes to bed. Nursing the mother health back to pernatal state is important.
Mother's bathroom will be cleaned 2-3 days once due to the stain cause by the herbal water. Before I leave the bathroom I use will also be cleaned.
Baby will be taken care day & night. Taking care of the baby hygiene, bath, change nappy, help the mother to breastfeed the baby day & night.

This year I'm already been booked unitl JUNE'09 & I'm still available from END JULY'09 onwards. If interested please contact me
Handphone +6012 517 9748 or email to [EMAIL="jeannie.khor@yahoo.com"]jeannie.khor@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]
How much do u charge if only for day time never stay in ?

stressfulbee

Hi my Dear

I do have a Day Confinement Lady for U!!
She S'porean,experiened, mid 50+,Flexible, nice cooking, reasonable $$$ also wkg under personal!!! BTW her food is tasty.....:p
Juz to clarity the Day Confinement Lady I recommend IS NOT WORKING UNDER AGENCIES, she is self employ.

She can help u to do marketing also without any charges, able to cook for ur HB & Kids also!!! She will cook 3 meals for u, she will not nagg even u request for the food u graving for !!! Her Cleanliness is good & she is Honest!!

PM if u are keen wif her---thumb up
(Sori No agent plz)
CONTACT NOS FOR MY DAY :red:CONFINEMENT LADY: 98476976 (Sori No agent plz)

Evon

Hi my Dear

I do have a Day Confinement Lady for you!!
She S'porean,experiened, mid 50+,Flexible, nice cooking, reasonable $$$ also wkg under personal!!! BTW her food is tasty.....:p
just to clarity the Day Confinement Lady I recommend IS NOT WORKING UNDER AGENCIES, she is self employ.

She can help you to do marketing also without any charges, able to cook for your husband & Kids also!!! She will cook 3 meals for you, she will not nagg even you request for the food you graving for !!! Her Cleanliness is good & she is Honest!!

PM if you are keen with her---thumb up
(Sori No agent plz)
CONTACT NOS FOR MY DAY :red:CONFINEMENT LADY: 98476976 (Sori No agent plz)

Hi, how much does she charge? As I only need in the day time?
Pls PM me for more details: evon@lapd.com.sg

Hi, I have a very good confinement aunty (Siew Zhen Jie) helping me and my confinement just ended today. She is booked till jan 2010 BUT U can still call her at 92440112 (Singapore line) / 019-773 3251 / 012-739-3588 to book her or ask her if she is still available in case some of her booking last min put her aeroplane .. hehe.. can Baofang staying in Jurong East recommend you will do.
She is good at housework, diligent and had great initiative n her food are good as well and she knows a lot about caring for babies because she had years of experience.
Good luck to your confinement & enjoy!

babycong1212

Hi ALL,

I m currently a mummy of 2 ~ Just had my second baby via cesarean 2 weeks back. I was so worried about finding a bad CL as my first one was a disaster. (I engaged my 1st one through PEM). However, I would strongly recommend my current CL. I found her in this thread, and it was a bet for me. However, I did have a pleasant surprise.
For the past 2 weeks, I m extremely pleased with her services. She takes good care of my baby, cooks well and does the household chores. With her years of experience, she is not only knowledgeable in baby care but in cooking confinement food as well. I am someone who needs variety, n she has no issues with that even though i had cesarean. Supposedly I cant eat much food (chicken n eggs)for first 2 weeks, she still managed to cook a variety of food n soup for me. My 1st CL fr PEM cooked almost the same food everyday, even though I had normal delivery for my first child. And my grandma n mummy always criticised her when they came n visit me on Sats. Amazingly, my grandma n mum have no issue with this current CL as well!
My CL is hardworking n has lotsa initatives. I seldom see her take naps in the noon, although alot of CLs will tell you in adv they need naps in the noons, cause they need to take care of baby at night.. My first son is a fussy n spoilt brat who wants nobody but me n hubby, but she managed to coax him & feed him his meals using toys n patience.
Generally, I am very happy with her, and am extending her service till end of Apr'10. I am recommending her cause I believe every new mummy needs an extra pair of hands n good help esp during confinement! If you need more details n her contact, just drop me an email at babycong1212@@yahoo.com.sg. :)

mrs_eg

Hi ALL,

I m currently a mummy of 2 ~ Just had my second baby via cesarean 2 weeks back. I was so worried about finding a bad CL as my first one was a disaster. (I engaged my 1st one through PEM). However, I would strongly recommend my current CL. I found her in this thread, and it was a bet for me. However, I did have a pleasant surprise.
For the past 2 weeks, I m extremely pleased with her services. She takes good care of my baby, cooks well and does the household chores. With her years of experience, she is not only knowledgeable in baby care but in cooking confinement food as well. I am someone who needs variety, n she has no issues with that even though i had cesarean. Supposedly I cant eat much food (chicken n eggs)for first 2 weeks, she still managed to cook a variety of food n soup for me. My 1st CL fr PEM cooked almost the same food everyday, even though I had normal delivery for my first child. And my grandma n mummy always criticised her when they came n visit me on Sats. Amazingly, my grandma n mum have no issue with this current CL as well!
My CL is hardworking n has lotsa initatives. I seldom see her take naps in the noon, although alot of CLs will tell you in adv they need naps in the noons, cause they need to take care of baby at night.. My first son is a fussy n spoilt brat who wants nobody but me n hubby, but she managed to coax him & feed him his meals using toys n patience.
Generally, I am very happy with her, and am extending her service till end of Apr'10. I am recommending her cause I believe every new mummy needs an extra pair of hands n good help esp during confinement! If you need more details n her contact, just drop me an email at babycong1212@@yahoo.com.sg. :)
Hi may I know is she singaporean? I need a day time CL...

Hi,
I am new here. Need advice from experienced mother. I am pregnant with my first baby and want to engage a Confinement Lady. Is it safe to give a deposit to the CL?
As I read many stories of nanny does not turn up to work, then deposit given how?

sher_von

A confinement nanny, main chores to take care of your needs, and assist you to recuperate as soon as possible to regain the nutrients you have lost.
She will advise what to eat/not to eat, what to do/not to do,and you might be amazed by the knowledge that she hav, and of cos, some are superstitious, some are myth or so, it depends on oneself whether you want to accept it, but second thoughts, no harm listening! lol

There's a few question you can ask yourself.
You might not be comfortable having a stranger acting like your mum,but end day, there's only pros to you, so far as i know, they are great help, some will even assist some small chores! End day, really need to establish the trust.
Best to just engage a day confinement services.

Confinement services is not cheap, it can goes up to 2k a month. Since expenses after having baby increase, you might need to reconsider on the financial situation

As for my opnion, having someone to take care of everything, will be an absolute yes for me, it save the hassle, less tiring for my folks, and less conflicts with my in-laws. ;p

Runaway with deposits doesnt really happen that much, so advisable to ask for her ID for recodring purposes, most CL okie with it. However, it must to have a deposit..

Having to know one who very experience, copy and paste from friends, so rest assure no agency to rip you off.

"Have been doing freelance housekeeping as well as providing confinement services/babysitting for the past 20years.
My experience includes working as a housekeeper for the Caucasian family in year 2002-2004, since then, i'm babysitting kids between 2months -3yrs old.
Do not hesitate to contact me, so that to explain more in depth what kind of assistance i can provide you."

Cheerios!

Irene Ho 9067 1356

dont't worry too much and be a HAPPY MUM!!

Serena

Hi
I thought i share this ...
I just finished my confiment and had a very good confirment lady (Aunty Yue Fen).
I even extended her for 2 more weeks.
This is my second child, my first child i engaged a CFL as well but it was a terrible experience. Hence, this time i was also skeptical when i was recommended to this CF aunty.
So i was extremely glad that i had this aunty this time round.
She has many years of experience, very patient and loving with my daughter. First few days she is with me, she takes the time to observe my daughter to see how she can best take care of her, and she learns very fast. She cooks very yummy food (my first confirment i had horrible food and i didnt know confirment food can actually taste nice ...) and most important my family all like her very much and she is hygenic!
She has a very pleasent character, very helpful and responsible. when looking after baby, she doesnt on her hp or pick her hp so that she wont be distracted.
If any one is interested you can contact her at 65 8375 6048 (SG) or her house at 0207-6522606 (MSA). (but as i say if she is looking after baby her hp might be off or she doesnt pick up, so you might want to leave a message instead so that she can revert)

Cheers!

atkht

Auntie Hua Jie... +60127450776 / hp: 92415896 - she's good ... responsible & reliable . Take care of my bb day & night during my confinement. Very satisfied with her service. Btw,she keeps my house clean and tidy, cook for my hubby too :) Strongly recommended :Dancing_wub:
Good luck!

stressfulbee

Hi
U may call my this non stay s'pore confinement lady.
She had more than 10yrs experience, ard 50++, she honest, clean, flexible & her cooking is delicious..... (she able to cook different tonic soup, "zhu jiao chu" & different CF dishes within 28days.)

her contact is hp: 98476976.:red:

sweetie

Hi, I would like to share & provide feedback of the confinement nanny - Auntie Hua Jie. *Engaged her at your own risk!*

I've engaged her based on the above feedback & recommendation but it turn out to be a nightmare & trouble for me & my hubby.

My *edd of my third child is on 26 Jan, which is during CNY. *A few months back, I tried to book for my previous confinement nanny but she's already booked by other people. *So no choice I called Auntie Hua Jie (as per the above recommendation). *I told her my edd is during CNY & I have two other kids. *She agreed readily. *As it is during CNY, I'm afraid she may back out last minutes so I double confirm with her & I told her I may deliver earlier as both my older kids were delivered 2 weeks earlier than the edd. *She assured that she will honor her promise no matter what. *

As I have to go for c- section this time round & was scheduled on 20 Jan, I called her & told her of the delivery date & exected hospital discharge date. *I also inform her that we will call her before I'm discharged from hospital so that she can get ready to come to singapore. However, when i called her one day before discharged, she says she can't come in on my day of discharged as her son is coming to see her on that day due to CNY. She requested for a delay of one day. We agreed since it's CNY & I have to rope in my mother in law to help out for the day.*

Finally, she came at about 4pm & she told my hubby she has 35 yrs of experience as a confinement nanny. * For less than 2 hours, she suddenly says she wants to quit & pack her stuff & she left. Before she leaves, we told her that we have a maid who will do all the housework. *The maid only came a month ago so dont't know how to cook. * She will just need to take care of the baby & myself & cook for the family (which is my hubby, two kids, maid & myself). *She kept giving excuses that usually she only cook for the hubby only. *In my heart, *i've been thinking if she has worked for 35 yrs, dont't tell me that all the families she has worked with only giving birth to first child (not possible right?). Besides, I've already told her beforehand that we have two kids & she needs to cook for them too when they are back from Childcare centre. * She says "If you dont't like my cooking, you can engage other people instead.". We are shocked to hear that as she has not even started cooking & we have not even tasted her food.

We tried to ask her why she wants to quit. *She just says we are very difficult to get along. *For less than 2 hours, she has not even started work & she gave such an excuse to quit. *Not to mention my hubby even told her to have a good rest in the room first as she has just travelled a long distance from Malaysia.*

I've ended with no confinement nanny & have to inconvenience my mother in law to cook for me & take care of the baby (very difficult to get confinement nanny last minutes esp CNY period). *The lucky thing is I still have a maid to help out.

So whoever intend to engage her, do so at your own risk as she doesn't honor her words at all. *Her so called 35 yrs of experience doesn't tell us that she has integrity.*

Angel9

hi,

anyone looking for day nanny? i have a nanny looking for day care confinement. she is very experienced. trained with the hospitals in singapore. from malaysia. normal rates. no exorbitant rip-offs. PM me asap as all the annies are taken up quickly this year.

she is also looking for live-in confinement, so let me know if you need live-in or day care only.

i am not an agent and not related to any nanny. i am not making a single cent from recommendations. just want to help out and to save people from companies like PEM ripping people off.

thanks