If there is no dilation, can induced still be done?

sufeit0115

Hi woofy, my induction was without epi, i only took epi for the c-sect. As my amniotic fluid was low, that's why gynae suggested induction...but unfortunately my cervix was not dilated so no choice has to go for emergency c-sect. Epi was injected at my spine & it took about 5mins before i couldn't feel anything below my chest. But i was conscious thru out the whole c-sect which lasted half an hour. My gynae discovered my right ovary had 2 cysts and becos i wasn't under GA so she could seek my permission to remove them.

elaineyeo

cancanmum and honeylicious - thanks.. :) I'll be delivering in Thomson Medical Center.. will use yrs as a reference. Now i thought of another qns, that is:

Ok, let's say i go thru inducing and w/o epidural - but wasn't successful and gotta go thru emergency c-sect. In this case, since i didn't take epidural, the c-sect i go thru will need me to be knockout totally and not able to witness my baby 1st cry and hubby won't be able to be beside me too right? Unless I had epidural - c-sect can be done while I'm conscious and hubby beside me?

Hi woofy,

Yup if go thru inducing fail you will have to go c-sect. Cos my inducing was unsuccessful and go for emergency c-sect. Actually u can opt for half conscious so tat u can see your hubby beside u and can hear your baby 1st cry and can see your baby. I was also opt for half conscious cos i dun wan to miss my baby 1st cry.. C-sect will take less than half an hr then can see your baby ald....

woofy55

Hi woofy, my induction was without epi, i only took epi for the c-sect. As my amniotic fluid was low, that's why gynae suggested induction...but unfortunately my cervix was not dilated so no choice has to go for emergency c-sect. Epi was injected at my spine & it took about 5mins before i couldn't feel anything below my chest. But i was conscious thru out the whole c-sect which lasted half an hour. My gynae discovered my right ovary had 2 cysts and becos i wasn't under GA so she could seek my permission to remove them.
oh epi will take 5mins to take effect.. then good good.. I would like to opt for that if i had to go thru c-sect. Thanks!!!

Hi woofy,

Yup if go thru inducing fail you will have to go c-sect. Cos my inducing was unsuccessful and go for emergency c-sect. Actually you can opt for half conscious so that you can see your hubby beside you and can hear your baby 1st cry and can see your baby. I was also opt for half conscious cos i dont want to miss my baby 1st cry.. C-sect will take less than half an hr then can see your baby ald....
Ya.. i really really would like to hear my baby 1st cry.. :wong19:

woofy55

last night.. i started to feel uncomfy from my back to front - i thot, ho-sey-liao! Asked so much questions, but bb coming soon! starting from abt 10.20pm... till 12mn... i don't feel comfy then decided to lie down and observe. but slowly - the uncomfy disappeared... :( my bb bluffed me? or that's the beginning of contractions?? so disappointing....

adelynn

last night.. i started to feel uncomfy from my back to front - i thot, ho-sey-! Asked so much questions, but baby coming soon! starting from about 10.20pm... till 12mn... i dont't feel comfy then decided to lie down and observe. but slowly - the uncomfy disappeared... :( my baby bluffed me? or that's the beginning of contractions?? so disappointing....
Hey Woofy

Some pple would have 'symptoms/discomfort' over a period of days/weeks before the actual labour kicks in whilst others are 'chop chop' once the symptoms kicks, everything else follows suit very quickly. BUT it is definitely sure signs of your impending delivery~

Look forward to it and enjoy the process