im 31week pregnant, isit too late to choose a gynae?

jassmine

hi, im 31week pregnant now, isit too late to choose a doctor now? no nurse or the check up doctor in the hospital told me when should i choose a gynae, my next appointment is abt 2 week plus later at 23 dec

Catty

Mid-wife lor.. hehe.. :tlaugh:

My 1st child is a mid-wife in KKH help me deliver cos can't afford to book a Gynae at that point of time but consider also not bad cos there will be number of young doctor walk in & out of the deliver suite so you won't feel so left out alone.. :001_302:

Catty

I forgotten as that was 8 yrs ago and i'm very young at that time so didn't really bother about the stitches.. :Dancing_tongue:

jassmine

my mother in law told me not choose a gynae now as it just 2mth away to my EDD, so dont waste that money...n said midwife n gynae delivery is about the same haiz...

Catty

my mother in law told me not choose a gynae now as it just 2mth away to my EDD, so dont waste that money...n said midwife n gynae delivery is about the same haiz...
HUH! Actually mid-wife is only responsible to deliver for you but after delivery they won't bother, only those young doctor will follow up ur condition as for Gynae is the best choice cos anything happen Gynae will know you the best and be serving you till u discharge. :001_302:

Old people got this kind of thinking is also normal, what they think is so long the baby come out fine and mother still alive than won't be any big problem. :nah:

jassmine

huhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................i think i betta ask on my next check abt booking a gynae but i under gov subsidies at kkh can i still choose gynae?

Catty

huhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................i think i betta ask on my next check abt booking a gynae but i under gov subsidies at kkh can i still choose gynae?
Oh if u are under gov subsidies don't think you can book a Gynae but anyway no harm in asking.. :Dancing_tongue:

chloegal

Hi Jassmine,
U cant book a gynae u trust If u are under gov subsidies, The MO or mid wife on duty will deliver for you. You really have to depend on your luck to see if you can get a good MO.

My sis have a bad experience with the MO when she delivered early at 33wks. Luckily the mid-wife is experience but the stitch have to be done by the inexperience MO. The MO stitch and unstitch her wound twice and she say the pain is worst than giving birth. Her recovery is slow and painful.
After the accident, she decided to be only delivered by her own gynae Dr HC Han for her next pregnancy no matter what happen. The experience is completely different. The gynae is in-charge and everything is smooth running. You will feel so much safer and confident.
You will not have junior MO walking in and out, fliping your medical record and not knowing what to do when you are already in so much pain and stress , asking u stupid question again and again....

chloegal

oh my god... u scaring me arrhhh... what should i do, chloegal ?
Go and book a gynae you trust and let him delivered for you but then you will not be under subdies. It is better to see your gynae at TPS as there is a scan machine inside and the gynae will scan for you at every visit. It just cost abit more than other clinic in kkh.