I'm disappointed to one MOMMY here...

naoj_hobley

i just bought a camera here in M.SG,, we been talking by sms.. and negotiating prices.. and where to meet.. the thing is im asking her if its in good condition.. but then she say, "yeah" its very seldom used. After we agree to each other we schedule the place and the time..
we meet in one of the MRT station, but then while im waiting for her i eat in a small shop because im so hungry.. when she arrive im really confident that it was really nice because im expecting just a lil' bit of scratches as what she say.. but when i got home i see the camera... very disappointed..

she's here also in mummy.sg because i know what is her id but i dont want to tell for her own privacy.. she is beautiful,, and i know she will read this.. i hope next time she will say the truth.. so no one will ever be disappointed..
im trying to get my refund but she didnt reply to me anymore..:embarrassed:

Feliz

i just bought a camera here in M.SG,, we been talking by sms.. and negotiating prices.. and where to meet.. the thing is im asking her if its in good condition.. but then she say, "yeah" its very seldom used. After we agree to each other we schedule the place and the time..
we meet in one of the MRT station, but then while im waiting for her i eat in a small shop because im so hungry.. when she arrive im really confident that it was really nice because im expecting just a lil' bit of scratches as what she say.. but when i got home i see the camera... very disappointed..

she's here also in mummy.sg because i know what is her id but i dont want to tell for her own privacy.. she is beautiful,, and i know she will read this.. i hope next time she will say the truth.. so no one will ever be disappointed.. im trying to get my refund but she didnt reply to me anymore..:embarrassed:

actually u can choose not to get e item if its not up to ur expectation.. like for me i frequet purchase things online so i'm very careful especially comes to used items..Hopefully the mummy will refund u.. *pat*

terasey

yeah.. actually dealing online requires a lot of trust... it's pretty difficult to get a refund after you have taken it back... if she's really dishonest, then maybe you should post her ID here to warn others.

But if she did reply you, then just close case bah...

In future, always ask for pics and ask ample questions about the product. For COD, you can check on the spot.

:) Wish you better luck! Dun fret k~

LoVeS

actually you can choose not to get e item if its not up to your expectation.. like for me i frequet purchase things online so i'm very careful especially comes to used items..Hopefully the mummy will refund you.. *pat*
yes i agreed wif felzdown~ It ur own responsibility to check the item b4 paying for it regardless watever the seller said. Whenever u buy a 2nd hand item, u MUST check b4 buying it n u always haf the choice nt to pay for it or buy it IF it is nt within ur xpectation~

For online buying of 2nd it is always gd to arrange for COD n check carefully for the item u purchase in case it is nt within expectation or dishonesty frm the seller.

Hopefully nxt time u will be more careful n check properly b4 paying the $$~

stonston

1. Please print out all the emails/threads which she described the item she's selling first.
2. Send her a PM, email and SMS to inform her that you will take action if she does not reply you within 3 days
3. Wait 3 days and if no reply, please post her nick here to warn others.

Daddy D

Alpha Male
A matter of mis-matched expectations... no need to be shy to reject the item if it's below expectations... once COD paid it's assumed that the expectations were met...

naoj_hobley

yeah i know.. but the thing is im a kind of person who trust easily.. specially just for material things.. but then she is looking nice girl thats why i dont even think that maybe she's talking bullshit..

DodoTan

Actually, you might be surprised that people can have very different levels of tolerance. 'Good' condition in the eyes of a careless person could be unacceptable in the eyes of a very careful person. Best to always ask for pictures and to look at the item before paying, otherwise be prepared for the worst. Everyone has different standards. Take it as a lesson learnt.

meiteoh

Dodo is right.

When making a purchase of any kind, be it new item or preloved (especially preloved), always ask for pictures or to see the item before paying for it. Just because you show interest in the item doesn't mean you're obligated to purchase it.

Also, when buying things online, always give feedback to a seller about your feelings towards a purchase. You'd be very surprised at how serious some sellers take your feedback.

I do hope you both can come to an agreement of some sort but in the meantime, I hope this experience won't turn you off buying preloved or online.

terasey

i think this is a lesson for me.. thanx for the time guys..

"stupid is, stupid does.."
Not stupid.. :) U grown wiser at least now.

Today I went to collect a shoe rack cabinet given away by a kind hearted lady. She never mentioned about the condition, and took a picture and showed that it is in working condition. My hubby went to collect as I preggie so not supposed to be around when moving things.

Hubby being a man just collect and go. Mind you, its heavy and need 2 strong men.

After we reached home then realised the bottom leg is crooked and cannot support the weight of the cabinet. Being tall, it posed a danger to fall forward...

This is definitely a mismatch in expectation.. as it is definitely not in safe working condition...

Wasted time and effort to collect... But I do not blame her.. Sometimes we just have to be more careful ourselves..

tinkerball

should have checked the camera on the spot in the 1st place when u met her. but whats done is done. let it be a lesson learnt. becos u trust people too easily perhaps it will be wise to get someone who is a bit more 'kiasu' to accompany you?

meiteoh

Don't EVER think that you're stupid. No one is stupid. :)

There is always a first time for everyone, but here's a bonus thought for you. When I was in Sydney, I had my eye on this mini disc player - all the rage in early 2002 - and it so happened that the unit I saw had a very tiny, nearly invisible scratch on it. I could lived with it and another person would have missed it but because I pointed it out to the sales person, I got 50% off the usual price for the item. Great to be that sharp, no?

Last edited:

Ting

dun be too upset.
just hope tt mummy would read this n do a refund for u.
i would think that, just be careful in buying 2nd hand items, make sure u ask for pics or check it on the spot when u receive the items.
if u find anything wrong or doesnt match up to the condition u expected, then it is ok to reject.
if the seller is sincere abt selling, then they wont "lie" n also wont be angry if u rejected the items.
u r the one paying for it right?
just be careful, n u're not stupid, we all hv our first times. :)