I'm pregnant. Need some kind advices from mummies

oOBubbleOo

Hi all

I always have irregular period. I tested with pregnancy kit once on 29oct but result was negative. But on a later date 10th nov, Tested twice at home with Clearblue pregnancy test kit but now came out positive twice. Because I have bright red spotting, i dont feel safe and so i went to a nearby private GP on the very next day Sun 11nov and was referred to Kandang Kerbau Hospital O&G 24hrs Clinic. I went over to Kandang Kerbau Hospital and did a blood test (HCG:365) and Ultrasound was done but cannot see anything as it could be still in early stage. I have to come back for review 2 days later.

On 13 November 2012
This time through the blood test, my HCG went up to 657. During my review, doc just merely give me 2 weeks medication (Duphaston and foilc acid) and was told to rest more. Another review again at Kandang Kerbau Hospital private suite on 26nov. I dont really feel comfortable with having different doc for every visit. On every visit, doc doesn't give me a detailed information on my status (example: pregnant for how many weeks) and keep asking me to go back for review over and over again.

I would like to seek you guys for advice on whether should I stick to Kandang Kerbau Hospital for reviews or go to a private one? Any difference in the charges rate? (Currently seeking review under non-Subsidised category as I was referred over to Kandang Kerbau Hospital from a private GP)
As I'm a first time mummy, I'm at a lost. Please do advise me on what I should do next?

Many thanks in advance
Ivy

littlehamster

If u have the $, go for private one. Public one heard need wait on queue n the hours no extend after office hrs. Also the doc will always be different. N aso in future if need see child doctor got subsidy if public

Hikari

Hi girl.I also have irregular period like you..but I am now 30weeks pregnant and expecting my little boy in Jan!Im a FTM too.My Hub is a regular in the army so Im going to Kandang Kerbau Hospital,well found out at O&G that I was preggy so continued going to Kandang Kerbau Hospital for follow ups/ultra scan throughout my pregnancy.Im under alot of subsidy at Kandang Kerbau Hospital cos my Hub is a civil servant.I do agree that the wait at the clinic is annoying and I am also seeing different doctor on every visit..but Im not paying so I cant complain.But I have compared prices frm other hospitals and actually if ure not a subsidized patient at Kandang Kerbau Hospital..you break down the consulation and ultrascan fees at every visit its almost the same as pte hospitals like MT A.Since I believe ure still in early stages of pregnancy you could take a look at package prices at MT A and TMC..it is quite worth it.In my case I stuck to KKH cos I dont have to pay much here..but I got to bear with the long waiting hrs and stupid service they give.If you transfer to TPS at KKH,might as well consider a private hospital..

Last edited:

Celz

I was a patient at KK's private suite. Think at private suite should be same doctor throughout. Queue was quite fast n I was quite pleased with the service. I had Dr KT Tan, and personally felt she is good n professional.

Maybe you are too early in your pregnancy, tat's y they didnt tell u how many weeks. In your next visit, they shld be doing an ultrasound. From that, they will be able to measure that tiny embryo n estimate the number of weeks. And maybe you could be more proactive n ask doc more.

oOBubbleOo

Thank you for the reply, I have book an appt with Dr Beh from TMC.
After discuss with my hubby TMC is much more convenient for us.

roudx

I would rather you go for private clinic Gynae rather than public hospital.

I had a incident when I was around 8 weeks, woke up with severe stomachache and vomitting (not MS) , admitted to KK hospital. Seen 4 doctors in total. 1st Doctor said most probably Gastric flu, then when scanning, say there's blood clot surrounding the womb, i could see it from the screen too, saying it's threatening miscarriage. Then 2nd doctor wrote admission letter or something, i was admitted. 3rd doctor (the next day), for scanning to show bb's fine n healthy. 4th doctor when i was about to discharge, I asked about the blood clot in my womb, has it disappeared.
The doctor have no idea, which made me very mad. I was admitted due to threatening miscarriage , not gastric flu because on the paper I received from KK , when I was discharged, the reason wrote " threatening miscarriage."

Then i have to go back for follow up review check up 2 weeks later. I did go, and everything's fine. I like the friendly doctor who attended to me , he's private one so waiting time not so long.
But hubby said never to go KK hospital to see Gynae. He is very unhappy with the gynaes there already since no one gave us a ANSWER on how's the blood clot in my womb, is it completely okay already.

But I assumed it's gone now since I went to outside private Gynae for check up recently, it has since disappeared... Thank god.. Am at 15 weeks now..

oOBubbleOo

Thanks for ur reply..
I had a NM 2 weeks ago :(
i went to TMC as I still dun feel safe after consult the doc at KKH. They took one week to reply my lab test as I have some blood cot. My hubby n I will not go back to KKH again! Every visit to KKH when I ask qns they cannot give me an answer!

roudx

Ya bubble , I don't know about other gov hospital, but KK is also like this. I am also choosing thomson medical for my gynae and delivery. I don't really trust other gov hospital after 1 ugly incident there.
Best of all, when i was admitted, it took them 4hours to come and attend me and put me on drip ! I almost died with all the feelings I am having (sickness, dehydration n more) ... If i am dying, i would probably died by the time they came.. which is 4hrs later..

ping87

My colleague has different scenario from u. He has bad exp with TMC and switch to KKH.. Hehe I think is Heng suay..

roudx

Ping, your friend is unlucky... Gov hospital I think takes their own sweet time....
I'm the last 1 in my group of good friends, getting married and having BB, all of them chose thomson medical, have no complains so far.. That's why I also choose to go there also .. Hehe.. :D

ping87

Oh when's your first visit with him? Or you already have seen him?

Mine first visit is 19dec. But last pregnancy (it didn't go thru full term though) I was also with him.
I hve seen him.. My last visit with him was my first! My next is on 26dec! Hehe!! I requested for him with no referral... So my fee is the most ex.. Haiz.. Sadly but I'm happy at pte suite..

Dragontail

I also requested specifically for him w/o referral. So you and I are paying the same. Haa.

Yes, I think the pte suite does it right. So far, my experiences there have been smooth and good.

ping87

I also requested specifically for him w/o referral. So you and I are paying the same. Haa.

Yes, I think the pte suite does it right. So far, my experiences there have been smooth and good.
Yeah. He was so precise with his work. There's no need for me to ask him qns and he just tell me what I need to know. And he captured a v good ultrasound for me with the baby waving. I super love the picture! :)

marshmallowbaby

oOBubbleOo:722923 said:
Thank you for the reply, I have book an appt with Dr Beh from TMC.
After discuss with my hubby TMC is much more convenient for us.
hi bubble! Dr Beh see me thru 2 preganacy and i find him pretty good. coincidently my ex-colleague and her sis gynae was him too.. and they r full of praises.

i was just tested positive last week and i'll be seeing him for 1st appt tml.... :)