Im pregnant

DodoTan

can any1 intro a gynae to me?? as me n my wife do not know wat to do ): any advice or anyting from any jie jie out there??
You can also just walk-in at the KK 24-hr women's clinic and tell them you're expecting. The doc that sees you will follow-up with you. That's what I did. Costs are a bit lower but waiting time a bit longer.

DodoTan

Thank you everyone. Just wondering whether any mummy here has given birth in Sydney and know the procedure.

We are outstationed so no planning to return to Singapore for birth as my boy is in school and we do not want to disrupt that.
Congrats! Wow, delivering in another country would be an interesting experience indeed. Sorry, I can't offer any help, maybe just some moral support. :) Maybe there's a mummyau.com ? hahaha...

Mrs Han

for me, married in dec 06 and wanted to go honeymoon in dec 07, to celebrate first year wedding as well, but was preggy in jan 07. Excited!! ... My gynae is from ACJ clinic located in TMC level 3....
Hihi....

What a coincidence... I got married early dec last yr and i'm 6 wks preggy now! Got a shock when I tested positive on the commercial testkit over the wkend coz had wanted at least half a yr of settling down first though we also 'let nature take its course'. hehee...

Also went to ACJ yesterday for my first visit! May I know which gynae u went to? I consulted Dr Adrian Tan yesterday...wonder if yours is the same?? =)

Jovyna

Firstly, congrats to you for keeping ur baby... its really a wise choice...

2nd, i did had a bad first trimester... I dun have morning sickness but mine is night sickness... everytime before i wana sleep, I will feel terrible... wana puke, breathless and chestpain... sometime my chestpain and breathless will get so bad that I will wake up in e middle of the night crying lor... a few times, my hubby nearly wana bring me to e hospital de but i dun wan... he will let me rest against him till i feel better and sleep... its really not easy but i'm glad i push through... although its terrible feeling, still i'm planning for my 2nd child soon i hope in 2 years time... hehehehe... Having a child together with e man you love, its really something very amazing... u will feel it soon...

3rd, i din have an mc or leave as i'm having my own shop... just a few days when i'm too sick to open, den i will closed shop lor... biz did get affected but no choice... I needed the rest that time... if not i'll rest in shop lor when there's no customer around... so if u can, rest more at home... :tlaugh:

Jerlene

Hi Mrs Han

Me new here. I have also tested positive.
And i have went to Dr adrian tan on 16 jan 09.
My next appt is 13 Feb 09. My frend intro this doc to me.
So far i find him quite frendly. How about you????

jerlene

Mrs Han

Hi Jerlene,

My first appt was only this mon 2 feb. I find him quite frenly & assuring too. As i've got some staining, he assured me that it shd clear in a few wks' time and explained quite a lot of pregnancy stuff to a newbie like me. Even my mum & MIL who were there with me are quite comfortable with him. Will be visiting him again on the 20th feb...

I heard that the impt factor abt gynaes is the stitching skills during delivery. Are u able to ask ur fren if he's good? My fren said if the stitching is good, the wound will heal faster.

Mrs Han

I will ask my frend later.
But how come u will go and see this gynae???
Oh, firstly, i heard that TMC has quite good reputation for gynaes. And so happened I had some staining & my family urged me to quickly go to a gynae for check-up. So I happened to search thru TMC's website & called up ACJ clinic, asking who is the available doc that day and so, I was introduced to Dr Tan. Apparently, he's the most experienced of the 3 in ACJ & used to be deputy head in KKH...