In need of urgent help!!

pearlynC

Ok so.. I'm 21 this year. My fiancé and I had unprotected sex every other day. My "aunt" have not been visiting me for the past few months since I last had my period on 28oct 2012. I bought the clear blue pregnancy test kit on early January and tested positive. So what should I do next? I'm lost :confused: I have no idea what to do, where to go and how much the first check up will be, can anyone enlighten me on this please?

Much appreciated! :)

Jasminekuek

U can go any polyclinic for a pregnancy test, and then get them refer u to KKH. Or u may directly look for a gynea, charges may exp but process is faster than u go KKH

venussnow

You can go to a gp or polyclinic to get a referral letter to kkh. U can choose ur own gynae at kkh but it'll be charged at private rates. Alternatively,if u dun mind diff gynaes seeing u for ur check ups and delivery,it'll be under give subsidized rates.hope it helps

pearlynC

U can go any polyclinic for a pregnancy test, and then get them refer u to KKH. Or u may directly look for a gynea, charges may exp but process is faster than u go KKH
Thanks alot for the info! But what if I don't wanna go to kkh? The poly clinic only refers to kkh is it ?

pearlynC

You can go to a gp or polyclinic to get a referral letter to kkh. U can choose ur own gynae at kkh but it'll be charged at private rates. Alternatively,if u dun mind diff gynaes seeing u for ur check ups and delivery,it'll be under give subsidized rates.hope it helps
Yes thanks alot for this info! But as far as I'm concerned, different gynaes delivers at their own preferred hospitals only right? What's the best recommendation ?

miemie

Is this a hoax thread? you're unexpectedly pregnant and you want advice... and where to go for check up and yet you can say you don't to go to KKH for delivery? What is this?

pearlynC

Is this a hoax thread? you're unexpectedly pregnant and you want advice... and where to go for check up and yet you can say you don't to go to KKH for delivery? What is this?
Because I asked does polyclinic only refers to kkh? I don't wanna go kkh. And also for delivery because I would prefer other hospital!

roudx

You go private clinic, around $100++++ ...
For public hospital you gonna wait quite some times, while private is more faster, if you don't have a budget you can choose private one so can minimise your waiting time

pearlynC

You go private clinic, around $100++++ ...
For public hospital you gonna wait quite some times, while private is more faster, if you don't have a budget you can choose private one so can minimise your waiting time
Thanks! But you have any idea how much for public hospital ?

don

Alpha Male
Hi, congrats.. first thing to do is to confirm ur pregnancy. U can go to any gp to do the preg test if u wan cheaper.. at this stage, if u go scanning, mostly likely u can only see a bean size..
Then u need to decide on which gynae...u can c the thread on gynae..there will only be a package till ard 28 wks of pregnancy. Meanwhile, u nid to pay per consultation. For private rates, range from 120 onwards..

pearlynC

Hi, congrats.. first thing to do is to confirm ur pregnancy. U can go to any gp to do the preg test if u wan cheaper.. at this stage, if u go scanning, mostly likely u can only see a bean size..
Then u need to decide on which gynae...u can c the thread on gynae..there will only be a package till ard 28 wks of pregnancy. Meanwhile, u nid to pay per consultation. For private rates, range from 120 onwards..
Ok thanks a lot! :) appreciate your help!

pocus2000

And now that you sort out your Gynae and appointment.... At the meantime, go to the pharmacy to buying a bottle of Folic Acid tablets. Take this tablet every day based on the instructions/directions.

This is to protect the baby's brain and spine...

Good luck..

tcmy

Hi! Congrats.. if u would like to pay less (w gov subsidy-if u r singaporean), u can go ployclinic to find gynae to confirm ur preggy n ask for referral to hospital for futher check ups.. usually they'll ask u which hospital u prefered..

P.S. for gov sub, the appointment n queue waiting time will b longer compared to those who see private ones.

Hope this info helps :)

pearlynC

And now that you sort out your Gynae and appointment.... At the meantime, go to the pharmacy to buying a bottle of Folic Acid tablets. Take this tablet every day based on the instructions/directions.

This is to protect the baby's brain and spine...

Good luck..
Thank you !! So any pharmacy will do? I don't need a prescription for the tablets right ?