Increase of BM

dogbaby_25

Hi,

My 4mths baby is having heart problem .... My husband strictly wants me to BM .. Though I have tried fr birth I am producing very little BM ...

Morever mine was a ceaser delivery so made things very tiring for me ...
I really feel and strongly believe the BM will built my daughter's immune though presently she's on Similac formula.

Is there any tips I can do to produce BM ... am very sad over these :(

Pls let me know if anyone of u wana advise me persoanlly via my hp.

Thanks
New mummy

rabbit41

At first I took fenugreek 6 capsule a day and nurse as often as I can to increase my supply. Took fish and fish soup and drink alot of water and it helps too.

saikid

Yaa... Fenugreek helps a lot to boost your milk supply... aso try the followings.
Snack often on foods rich in protein & calcium.
Give oatmeal a try- Many moms say that adding oatmeal to their diet increased their milk supply
Allow your baby to nurse on each side.

Why don't you consult breast feeding consultants?
OR try
http://www.breastfeeding.org.sg/

Have you got a breast pump? try to pump as often as possible & refrigerate... Pumping as many times as possible( every 2 hrs) also helps to increase the milk supply.

tracyk

this recipe is good for increasing BM. do try it out. remember to drink it hot, because hot soups help nursing mums in lactation. this tonic is non-alcoholic so wont affect baby. good luck!

[FONT=&quot]Papaya and Fish Soup

Ingredients:
Green (unripe) or semi-ripe papaya 700g
Fish, can b snakehead, carp, seabream, pomfret... 300g
Fish bones
Red dates 12 pcs
Dang Shen 2 pcs
Yuzhu 5g
Ginger 6 slices
huiji waist tonic 40-80ml

Instructions:

* Put fish bones, ginger, dang shen, red dates, yuzhu in water and boil for half an hour

* Add papaya and when papaya softens, add fish and simmer till fish is cooked

* Add 40-80 ml of waist tonic (i think u can get it at most supermarkets)

* Serve immediately.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I think the waist tonic’s Chinese name is huiji bu yao jing. Can get at NTUC fairprice[/FONT]

cherishbebe

can try oats, it works on me.

and PIS advance, it work on mummies with low supply...

of cos, diligent pumping is a must to increase the bm, if bb can latch on, let her latch on as frequent as possible.. pump after latch on too..

Ah Cheng

I have problem in my Breastfeeding. My BM is not enough for my son, so got to give him milk powder.

My gynae gave me some medicine to try to increase milkflow, but doesnt seem to help. When pump out, also nothing come out. How?

When I tried to BF him 3 hours later, he just want to sleep, refuse to wake up no matter how I wake him. Like that how to increase milk flow?

elaine01

I have problem in my Breastfeeding. My BM is not enough for my son, so got to give him milk powder.

My gynae gave me some medicine to try to increase milkflow, but doesnt seem to help. When pump out, also nothing come out. How?

When I tried to BF him 3 hours later, he just want to sleep, refuse to wake up no matter how I wake him. Like that how to increase milk flow?
what's makes you think your supply is low?

when pump nothing come out doesnt mean when baby latch baby cant get milk!:nah:

if baby refuse to wake to nurse, then try to express diligently for every 2~3 hours. doesnt matter even if after expressing baby cries for milk. your breasts will never run out of BM, just drained. when your baby massage your areola with his/her gums, s/he is stimulating milkflow called let-down.

JIA YOU!:Dancing_wub:

1568mummy

Hey hey, I NEVER knew there were soooo many ways to increase BM!

I had very little milk at first too...I had so little, I was practically breastfeeding my boy ALL THE TIME! I took about 4months before my boy do show 'signs' that he is full ....but I persevere AND I just did WHAT I learned from the nurses before I was discharge that is the simple 3 golden rule:

1-When your child sleep, you sleep! forget about the housework and stuff - hubby must help or your maid should do the rest...if you are always so stressed out and tired, your body is SO TENSED, how to produce milk?

2-Drink lots of fluid. Be it soup, Anmum Milk for Breastfeeding Mum, juices or just water. cos its natural for the body to absorb sufficient water for Mommy's body FIRST before the so-called 'extra' water is 'given' to the breast. So drink lots. I drank one cup or one bowl of liquid every hour... Kiasu!

3-The less you breastfeed, the less milk you have. So I solely breastfeed, NO other supplement, NO mixing of formula milk, just PURELY breastfeed only, though it was super tiring because I still had a 1year old to take care of then.

I believe in getting nutritions from our food intake. But I never trust 'medicine' or vitamins to improve BM...our ancestors didn't had all these medicine and vitamins, but they could breastfeed sooo many kids in the family... that itself already prove that from our normal food intake, it is sufficient. Fish and papaya IS THE BEST!

sorry to hear about your baby's 'heart problem' you must have been truly shocked when the doctor told you that bad news.. *hugs*

Ah Cheng

But my problem is:

1) after breastfeed for close to 1 hour, he is still not full. crying for milk.
Do I continue offering him my breast?

2) understand that I should feed him every 3 hours time, but he wants to sleep, refuse to wake up. Do I have to wake him up?

3) sometimes after feeding, I try to empty out also (to empty milk), but there is no milk out leh. still must pump?

Pls advise.

DodoTan

I'm also supplementing my bb's feeds with FM for now cos I'm not meeting his needs. My gyne recomended me to try 'Motilium' from Guardian. It's a kind of domperidom pill. He said his wife found it better than Fenugreek. I went to get it yesterday and the pharmsist said it'll need about a week to take effect. Funny thing though, on the box, it says the pills are for nausea and indigestion...

Also, my doc said that it's cheaper to get the Fenugreek seeds than to buy the pills. It's a kind of indian herb apparently. He said it's called 'ma hong' in chinese.

But my problem is:

1) after breastfeed for close to 1 hour, he is still not full. crying for milk.
Do I continue offering him my breast?

2) understand that I should feed him every 3 hours time, but he wants to sleep, refuse to wake up. Do I have to wake him up?

3) sometimes after feeding, I try to empty out also (to empty milk), but there is no milk out leh. still must pump?

Pls advise.
1. for newborns maybe 20-25min each side max, then mommy needs a break too. if your breasts feel very soft and empty then baby must have drained out most of the milk. also when baby drinks, does he drink with a suck-pause-suck rhythm? or is it a light and quick suck-suck-suck - which may mean he's not really drinking but needs something to suck on?

2. for newborns, every 3 hrs is advisable. and yes, do wake baby up to feed. this is to make sure baby gets enough nutrition and hydration as well as to increase your supply. this time will gradually lengthen as baby gets older

3. for me, if there's no milk already then i won't pump. but some moms here do advise pumping to increase supply. :)

Amulet

I'm also supplementing my bb's feeds with FM for now cos I'm not meeting his needs. My gyne recomended me to try 'Motilium' from Guardian. It's a kind of domperidom pill. He said his wife found it better than Fenugreek. I went to get it yesterday and the pharmsist said it'll need about a week to take effect. Funny thing though, on the box, it says the pills are for nausea and indigestion...

Also, my doc said that it's cheaper to get the Fenugreek seeds than to buy the pills. It's a kind of indian herb apparently. He said it's called 'ma hong' in chinese.
domperidone takes only 2 days n start working liao.. can totally feel it.. but i think its more expensive than fenugreek leh.. so now i taking a mixture of fenugreek n domperidone.. domperidone is actually for tummy gas.. but its somehow increase the prolactin hormones in our body, and thus higher supply..

DodoTan

domperidone takes only 2 days n start working liao.. can totally feel it.. but i think its more expensive than fenugreek leh.. so now i taking a mixture of fenugreek n domperidone.. domperidone is actually for tummy gas.. but its somehow increase the prolactin hormones in our body, and thus higher supply..
Ironically, I feel that the domperidone is giving me tummy gas. And it doesn't seem to work on me. Or maybe it's because I keep forgetting to take it :p I always take it in the morning but miss the afternoon and evening dose. Busy la... My baby very high maintanence...

Amulet

Ironically, I feel that the domperidone is giving me tummy gas. And it doesn't seem to work on me. Or maybe it's because I keep forgetting to take it :p I always take it in the morning but miss the afternoon and evening dose. Busy la... My baby very high maintanence...
lol.. for me, coz domperidone very ex, so i night time take 40mgs of domperidone, mid night take 4 fenugreek pills, morning take 30mgs of domperidone, thn take 2 more times of 4 fenugreek pills throughout the day..