Indo maid starting pay at $450

Angelmum

Quoted: "Right now Indonesia, all the suppliers they're facing difficult conditions to recruit. They are requesting us to match the maid's salary to Hong Kong $650, to match the salary to Taiwan $800, which is right now impossible. Maybe we can do it step by step. So right now, we have agreed with the Indonesian supplier for the salary of $450."

Mr Chin said many employment agencies in Singapore support the move.

He stressed the higher salary will not benefit the agencies or the suppliers.

There will be no change in the foreign placement fee.

will not benefit the agencies?Placement fee no change? I don't believe. :nah: When a transfer maid is being placed out for transfer, instead of paying agent $350 x 2mth fee, now agent earning $450 x 2, which is $200 extra from them.

The only people who doesnt stand to gain are the Employers! Agencies and maids earn more, govt continue to earn by making us pay levy so who's suffering? EMPLOYERs!

Filipinos are now getting $380 - 400/mth so I suppose they will jerk up price in order to stay ahead of Indonesians.

Last edited:

bingbing

Hi , i have just increase my maid pay to $400 before the announcement and now gov announce $450... i feel real angry why such a big jump. it will increase our expenses.

I feel that agent will pouch potential maid and instigate them if they want to change owner in order to get higher pay. Agent themselve will then earn from maid and new owner. The existing owner who may not know what the agent has done may go back to the same agent to look for another new maid...in such case agent earn from 3 parties right. i do not have prove over this but i happen to know my agent call up my maid secretly when her permit approving the expiry date. this really piss me off....

Does the gov going help owner with some kind of subsidies?

hpc

The indo maid don't have a gd education background,gd english,why must pay so much?Compare indo vs filipino.Filipino can speak better english.sometimes have very gd education ones,can teach ur children.They are cleaner and neater,can cook various food,indo little education,dirty,less responsive,can'tcook well even teach them 4 sometimes.Talk to children with their own language,impatient,now a days insist off day after loan pay off.I would rather S$450 for filipino than to indos,indo maid are not worth paying this salary as they are the group of maid that cause alot of home problems,like abuse of babies-toddlers,funny excuses like want to faint,bad dreams(family members dying)can't work anymore,put unknown things into food/soup for employer's family but she herself won't eat,used sanitary pad added into soup(! of the TCS artist encounter this case n is publish in the newspaper,not only once).We should boycott them n try other country like Combodia.

angelia286

The indo maid don't have a gd education background,gd english,why must pay so much?Compare indo vs filipino.Filipino can speak better english.sometimes have very gd education ones,can teach ur children.They are cleaner and neater,can cook various food,indo little education,dirty,less responsive,can'tcook well even teach them 4 sometimes.Talk to children with their own language,impatient,now a days insist off day after loan pay off.I would rather S$450 for filipino than to indos,indo maid are not worth paying this salary as they are the group of maid that cause alot of home problems,like abuse of babies-toddlers,funny excuses like want to faint,bad dreams(family members dying)can't work anymore,put unknown things into food/soup for employer's family but she herself won't eat,used sanitary pad added into soup(! of the TCS artist encounter this case n is publish in the newspaper,not only once).We should boycott them n try other country like Combodia.
Problem is, is Cambodia approved as a country for Singapore to bring in maids? i have heard so much good stuff about Cambodian maids (hardworking, quiet, obedient and conservative, humble and grateful) that I was considering to hire one from that country. However, this country is NOT approved by Singapore ;(

mummymaid

Either some agency still using old pricing or haven't updated. This is what I've extracted. Purposely blank out agency's name and contacts to avoid people said I'm advertising.

temp.jpg

I seriously think MOM should push for more FDW source countries so that competition is greater & stiffer, make our choices wider, not to be at the mercy of those 2 dominating source suppliers/countries as well as those unscrupulous agencies marketing them.

Indo FDWs can't really speak English but still employers are very nice by giving them chance to adapt and work here. The only plus they have over Myanmar is they can understand Malay. Myanmar is another source but their English very bad compared to Indo.

Last edited:
Are you speaking from personal experience? I personally prefer Indo maids. I have never had a problem with Indo maids like I do with Filipinos. I cannot stand all the yakking on the phone and the drama that comes with a filipino helper. I'll rather have my children learn a foreign language like Bahasa Indo than Tagalog accented English. One more thing, you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. I'll pay more for an experience maid anyway.

hpc

Happy New Year,I have maids for many yrs,indos n filipnos.I also prefer indos but they are not worth paying that much unless very experience ones n speaks English.What u mean pay peanuts for monkey,filipinos do have problems like hooking on phone but they are so much cleaner compare to indos.Serious cases like abuse babies/toddler,old folks,attempt sucide,killing children(recent case),mostly is indo maid,Why?????Cos low education,young age(report older age).Hey money is not easy to earn,of cos must compare.

angelia286

Happy New Year,I have maids for many yrs,indos n filipnos.I also prefer indos but they are not worth paying that much unless very experience ones n speaks English.What you mean pay peanuts for monkey,filipinos do have problems like hooking on phone but they are so much cleaner compare to indos.Serious cases like abuse babies/toddler,old folks,attempt sucide,killing children(recent case),mostly is indo maid,Why?????Cos low education,young age(report older age).Hey money is not easy to earn,of cos must compare.
Happy New Year to you too!

Actually, I do disagree with you on the above statements that you have made. They are quite extreme. It's like saying all Chinese are money-faced, Malays are lazy and Indians dirty. This is all stereotyping.

My aunt had just transferred out her Filipino maid for a Indonesian one after 2 weeks of having that Filipino girl. Reason being that she is just plain vain and lazy. She wakes up and sit around with a black face, paint my 92 year old grandmother's nails with nail polish, wear tight clothes and short shorts. Refusal to cook, and when forced to, cook inedible food, lousy with housecleaning too. The Indonesian girl who came after her and is still hired is so much better than that Filipino one.

She is super super clean in housework, pleasant personality, and can cook a mean meal that my cousins who are very particular in food simply loves. She is also good with my baby boy on the occasions that I visit my grandmother at my Aunty's house. Super polite and respectful as well.

On the flipside of the coin, my grandmother's ex-maid who is also Indonesian is just the exact opposite of the above. She had completed her contract and had gone home to get married. I was super close with this maid of my grandmother and she confided a lot of things in me. She loves to talk back and scream at her employers whenever employer ask her to do something. We cook for her and look after my grandmother for her as she watches the television. She wakes up late and loves to wear transparent, sleeveless loose shirts and loves to bend down to expose her breast at my husband. And yes, she is in fact underaged.

A few years back, one of my Caucasian friend has a Filipino girlfriend. Do you know what she was working as? Yes, a maid. My friend met her in a pub, dressed super sexily and there to make out and find a Caucasian boyfriend. And apparently, that is the mentality of most Filipinos.

So all in all, it really boils down to luck and not about nationality. Like with every nationality and employees and employers, there are always good and bad people. It's all about the mentality of the maids.

hpc

Yes ,I agree,get a maid is like gambling,lucky get a gd one(filipino/indos),unlucky have alot of problems.But the true fact is indos asking 4 $450+ is not worth unless very experience n can speak gd english to prevent mis-commuication.Presently I got a indo maid as I can't get along with filipinos.I can speak malay,so not a big problem,cleaniness wise still cannot pass.Lucky she likes to take care of babies/toddlers.

yvonne_ktw

My agency just told me most agent increase to 450 Le but my agency increase abit only. New indonesia @ $380, ex-Malaysia @$390 ex-Singapore @ $450. I would reco my agency to mummy in forum here she charge agency gees $200 salary upfront 9month n no losing fees if u return maid n I truly loves her service she is recommended to me by my fren. Ms titian 90068839 say intro by Yvonne if u all wana get her maid feel free ask me question abt her agency n wat I encounter Yvonne_ktw@hotmail.com

bingbing

Have anyone read last week news on 4000 maid run away . Some run to the embassy. Newspaper indicate that some owner did not treat them nice or too pressure at work thats why they run away. most of the runaway ones work less than 1 yr in SG. Nothing was mention in the papers that they actually runaway so that they can get new employer at $450 salary later. This is a real life example of one of my colleague maid who tell police and also my colleague (the owner) that she worry if my colleague dun allow her to transfer to get $450 pay so she runaway is easier.When i saw the news, i wasn't surprise cos the moment when gov implement this $450 weeks ago , all maids starts to go chaos . I expected many maid will run away.
Somehow i wonder does the gov see the problem that is happening within family that employ maid to take care of our children. How to increase birthrate with such conditions...haiz...... give us bb bonus , maternity leave but did not solve the root of the problem that is who to take care our kids while the parents work.

bingbing

oh ya...i forgot to add...some unprofessional agency even call my maid hp if she wish to change owner to get higher pay... of course not to mention agent's name... very disappointed.... haiz... i am lucky my maid is sensible one who told me life in HK & TW is not as good as what other maid think.
she is contented to be with me & kids....