infant care experience?

kylnn

Have to provide diapers, shampoo, soap, nappy rash cream/moisturizer/powder (optional) etc.

Then everyday bring new batch of 2 sets clothes, towel, hanky, mittens/booties (optional) as they bathe baby twice a day.

Not sure about breastmilk as my daughter drank formula.

My baby just started eating solids! I have to provide the cereal which she eats for breakfast. Afternoon meal would be porridge provided & cooked by the centre's kitchen. For the older babies, the porridge would have fish or other meats inside. They also provide fruits.

I'm not sure if they will allow me to bring homemade purees then heat it up when my baby wants to it. Hmm I better go ask haha.

thanks fattyfatfat! (so strange calling you by your username.. hm). I also believe in infant care - the environment of 'more germs' exposure (i'm going to be the sort of parents who let my baby crawl and walk barefooted, ha) ( to a certain extent), and also interact with more people - not just me and me and me!

do you know whether we have to provide diapers or does the infant care center provide diapers? if it's the latter, do we pay extra for it?

are infant care centers willing to 100% give breast milk for babies even after 6 months mark? if baby is slowly eating food, how do they provide the food - do parents provide or does the center provide?
My hubby gave me that nickname, no worries I don't mind! Same sentiments as you, I prefer more lively environment, baby more exposure, better development not just only ME ;)

I think different infantcare got different requirements but should be quite standard things to bring as kylnn mentioned.. Diapers, baby bath, baby bottle, nappy rash cream, etc must pack for baby. The centre will inform you what is needed, what can leave at the centre.

My baby elusively breastfed so everyday I will pack his milk milk for him in cooler bag. The teacher will feed him accordingly from oldest milk to freshest milk. For solids, the infantcare will have a meal plan which states what the centre provides as food for baby each day. Most infantcare I asked ok with parents preparing own food but must be heat up only, they will not do extra processing. Good to check out what menu the infantcare of your choice gives.. When I scouting around, I find some centres morning cereal, lunch is porridge with something, so boring! I am a foodie (thereby my nick) so I believe baby must be exposed to a wide variety of food to develop a healthy eating habit. Lucky the infantcare I eventually chose got a varied menu. Like I mentioned, I intend to try baby-led weaning so haven't check if the infantcare supportive. They don't like to deviate too much from norm, haha!

reiann

Have to provide diapers, shampoo, soap, nappy rash cream/moisturizer/powder (optional) etc.

Then everyday bring new batch of 2 sets clothes, towel, hanky, mittens/booties (optional) as they bathe baby twice a day.

Not sure about breastmilk as my daughter drank formula.

My baby just started eating solids! I have to provide the cereal which she eats for breakfast. Afternoon meal would be porridge provided & cooked by the centre's kitchen. For the older babies, the porridge would have fish or other meats inside. They also provide fruits.

I'm not sure if they will allow me to bring homemade purees then heat it up when my baby wants to it. Hmm I better go ask haha.

ah ok that helps a lot. but what if I only want my baby to be bathed once a day maximum?? can I request for that?

what about cloth diapers - do infant care centers accept those?

My hubby gave me that nickname, no worries I don't mind! Same sentiments as you, I prefer more lively environment, baby more exposure, better development not just only ME ;)

I think different infantcare got different requirements but should be quite standard things to bring as kylnn mentioned.. Diapers, baby bath, baby bottle, nappy rash cream, etc must pack for baby. The centre will inform you what is needed, what can leave at the centre.

My baby elusively breastfed so everyday I will pack his milk milk for him in cooler bag. The teacher will feed him accordingly from oldest milk to freshest milk. For solids, the infantcare will have a meal plan which states what the centre provides as food for baby each day. Most infantcare I asked ok with parents preparing own food but must be heat up only, they will not do extra processing. Good to check out what menu the infantcare of your choice gives.. When I scouting around, I find some centres morning cereal, lunch is porridge with something, so boring! I am a foodie (thereby my nick) so I believe baby must be exposed to a wide variety of food to develop a healthy eating habit. Lucky the infantcare I eventually chose got a varied menu. Like I mentioned, I intend to try baby-led weaning so haven't check if the infantcare supportive. They don't like to deviate too much from norm, haha!
lol - I'm also a foodie, and my baby will definitely grow up to be one :) but I'm not thinking too much about weaning yet.. she's not even a month old! but yes you are right that I want her to be exposed to different food - the more the merrier and more healthy. thanks for all your help!

Alisa

my son's school will bath him once a day only and its when they step in to the school, 1st thing is to bath, so that outside gems and virus will be wash off and will not spread in the class. lunch will be porriage and he got tea break cuz he is now 1 yr old so will have tea break. ytd he got waffer + barley water.

jonquil31

kylnn, same here! Me n my hubby has already nicknamed all the babies there n one of the girls even grew pretty attached to me! She'll crawl over to me n grab my pants or my legs whenever I'm there! It's so heartwarming! I would love to carry her all the time but a bit concerned that her parents might not be please with it so I just smile n pat her...

any mommies send their babies to learning seeds at PSA
thought of sending my girl there but cannot find any reviews on the forum.
actually what do we need to take note of when sending baby to the infant care center? hygiene , ratio etc etc?

feel very sad to send her to the infant care center.. think i got separation anxiety..
afraid will get abuse.. afraid of this and that... sigh

lidia2210

thanks for every one to share with baby story. I will send my two month old baby girl to infant care(My first skool) next monday. Hope she can adapt fast and I will post again in next week. Cheers!

melbaby

Hi all, my bb has been in the IFC for 1 month now since 3 month old, and its time for me to share my experience :)

I observed my girl for 3 half days inside the IFC. Throughout the observation time my girl looked happy and love to smile at all the teachers. They treat her very well too, like to talk to her :) She seem to have easily adapted to the colorful and lively environment. Of course she did cry on few occasions like bathing and changing diaper but the teachers were patient and tried to comfort her. By 2nd day she doesn't cry during bath anymore. The teachers also asked me to tell them more abt my girl, like how she prefer her milk temp, does she liked to be rocked to sleep etc. Then they put her in the manual bouncer which made her sleep, even though there were many noisy babies ard her (crying, playing with cups etc). Each bb also hv their own cot, with their own mattress cover and blanket (not shared). They actually follow bb's feeding schedule instead of fixed routine, which they write on the white board ( so every bb is different). When there were bb crying they immediately attend to the bb. When few babies cry together, the teachers worked as a team to attend to all the bb. Eg. one teacher carrying one baby, and comforting another crying bb, while another go make milk etc. They told me they won't leave bb crying js like that coz there could be a good reason why the bb is crying so they will definitely not ignore them. Furthermore one bb crying loudly will affect the others so they prefer to comfort the bb to stop the crying. The children also seem to be attached to the teachers, like when she read story, the older babies crawl and sit near the teacher and listen. I was also encouraged to bring EBM which they put inside the fridge n heat up for my bb. They also hv this comm book which update on bb temp, feeding, diaper etc everyday. So it went quite well, much better than I expected :)

The negative thing is that not all teachers are friendly and caring, although most are. The unfriendly teacher merely do her job like clockwork standard. But at least it's standard and she can't simply do anything to my bb cos there are other teachers monitoring her as well. The 2nd thing is there is a big bag of clothes and stuffs to carry to and fro each day. Stuffs like few sets of clothes, bottles, bibs etc must bring. When reach home gotta wash all the bottles and clothes which is very tiring. I also feel the facilities is kinda old, no sterilizer and the bath tub like got some old stains like that. I'd have also preferred if they have air purifier installed. I saw some bb coughing. Some kid got fever up and down parents still send to school, then teachers gotta monitor n will call parents immediately if fever come back. Would be great if can install those live camera too so that I can watch my bb anytime of the day, haha :D So there's always room for improvement. But most importantly is my bb is safe and happy :)

Nowadays when my bb come home after IFC she would sleep early, maybe tired from the day activities. When she's awake, she would smile and keep baby talking like trying to tell me what went on the whole day. She's also less fussy now. I feel as if she has matured abit, haha :) Anyway i think we must still spend time bonding with them at the end of the day :)

Last edited: