infant care

January84

i never send cos i feel that infant care more easily down with "sickness" and care givers not 100% caregiving. . . mostly work for sake of earning $$$. .

preferred nanny as 1 to 1, more attention given, more exp and more loving. . . more negiotaible too . .

Dee Ho

i never send cos i feel that infant care more easily down with "sickness" and care givers not 100% caregiving. . . mostly work for sake of earning $$$. .

preferred nanny as 1 to 1, more attention given, more exp and more loving. . . more negiotaible too . .
I agreed with Jan84 ...to me infant care (especially for baby under 12 mths) their immune sys is not veri gd...thus yr precious might be "sick"

I do came across mummies tried sending their baby to infant care and regret abt this... some switch to nanny.. Infact I m happi that having a nanny for my DS as he is being well taken care of and well love by his nanny & family members...:001_302: to me best part is the timing... timing is negotiable wif nanny; no nic to rush b4 7pm to the infant centre to fetch my DS. :shyxxx:

Last edited:

pkshl

actually im still deciding btw my mil or infant care. because my mil has to take care of 2kids(20mths & 14mths=bro-inlaw kids) by the time i deliver. seriously im not sure if she can cope with my newborn too. im more worried abt the other 2kids will disturb my newborn as the older gal has the tendency of hitting her younger bro on his head(i had seen it b4 thus im worried). can anyone give advise pls?

Catty

actually im still deciding btw my mil or infant care. because my mil has to take care of 2kids(20mths & 14mths=bro-inlaw kids) by the time i deliver. seriously im not sure if she can cope with my newborn too. im more worried abt the other 2kids will disturb my newborn as the older gal has the tendency of hitting her younger bro on his head(i had seen it b4 thus im worried). can anyone give advise pls?
If that's the case, i will advise you hired a trustable nanny or worse to worse infant care as my mil place also have 2 kids (both girl) but they don't behave like girl, like to fight/quarrel even though they both are sisters, they sometimes will go irritate my DD also, as like disturb her playing when my DD is playing on her own and sometime will saw 1 of the sister beat my DD hands for no reason!!! :wemad:

When i saw what the kids did to my DD, i will give them a scolding and their mum will not be happy! Worst thing is my mil definately will side them as they think they do wrong things is ok cos they are all small kids! WTH! Pri 5 and Pri 2 still consider small?

I really wish i can faster put my 2nd DD in childcare, i really dunno what the 2 kids have did to my DD when i'm not around..

Last edited:

pkshl

If that's the case, i will advise you hired a trustable nanny or worse to worse infant care as my mil place also have 2 kids (both girl) but they don't behave like girl, like to fight/quarrel even though they both are sisters, they sometimes will go irritate my DD also, as like disturb her playing when my DD is playing on her own and sometime will saw 1 of the sister beat my DD hands for no reason!!!
my goodness! did u tel yr mil this?

is yr DD still taken care of by yr mil?

Catty

my goodness! did u tel yr mil this?

is yr DD still taken care of by yr mil?
I know my mil pattern, no point of telling her as her thinking is "she" her ownself cant tell her granddaughter off too much as she now staying at their place.

My DD still under my mil care, my mil don't allow me to put my 2nd DD in childcare..

flyinly

Infant care centre (ICC) is not that bad. Unless you can get a trustable nanny, otherwise ICC can be an option to consider. I've sent my 5mth old DD to ICC for 2 months already. So far so good...
Good thing about ICC is that there is always a certified nurse around, every day the teacher will conduct 1 activity with picture book, nursery song, etc. These are things that most nanny or grandparent do not/cannot do....just I sharing my experience

pkshl

Infant care centre (ICC) is not that bad. Unless you can get a trustable nanny, otherwise ICC can be an option to consider. I've sent my 5mth old DD to ICC for 2 months already. So far so good...
Good thing about ICC is that there is always a certified nurse around, every day the teacher will conduct 1 activity with picture book, nursery song, etc. These are things that most nanny or grandparent do not/cannot do....just I sharing my experience
that is the good thing abt ICC. but problem is my hubby insisted on his mum to take care of bb, which i & my parents feel tat it is impossible for her, almost coming 60 to take care of 2kids & 1newborn, furthermore the older girl is going to school, so is she going to & fro to pick her up, & is she going to bring my baby along too? i cant imagine it lor, bring 1kid & 1newborn to pick up elder girl...

i dun care liao, going to register at ICC. very piss with hubby.

Ottermum

I totally agree!! our parents in law jus dun say only but you think they really like taking care of kids? my MIL also helping BIL taking care his 2 kids FRI n SUN 2 days she also can't take it!!! she's already 68!!! that's why no choice i can't go to work gotta stay at home look aft bb myself...

badtzzz

im gg to put my 3mth old bb gal to infant care starting frm next mth...i hope everything is gd...i believe gt pros n cons of nanny n infant care la...

Burgerlim

Alpha Male
Hi, may i know of the fee for infantcare. i am staying in woodlands area. if anyone know of any good care center there?

Thanks in advance..

chuaeil

need some feedback. I am thinking of becoming a nanny cos i am SAHM and is difficult to find work from home job. I got a bb gal , she is 4mths. So i tot of becoming a nanny. Me different with old ppl is i can speak eng and chinese and i can teach them flash card as what i am doing now to my bb. I got the program your bb can read, and i can let your bb watch etc. I am a fussy mother and thats why i dont want my MIL to take care, I prefer to take care myself cos i know what is good for them. I encounted things like, sometime old ppl do things is not really right is just that they hear ppl said and they follow, I am not saying they are totaly wrong cos certain things i do listen and follow but not all. I am open for feedback and i will feedback to mum what their baby do everyday and hopefully can take some nice photos when they learn anything new patten cos i toatly understand that all working mum will miss this precious moment so hopefully can help in that. As for infant care, I do think of sending my gal there but i heard bad feedback and really very ex. Pls mummies give me feedback, what do you all think of my idea?

Thank you!

Cheers
Eileen

badtzzz

Parents do consider a few points before hiring the nanny:-
1. experience one
2. probably gd recommendations by your friends
3. If you are taking care of ur own child, will you be bias on our kids?
4. agreed with you that old ppl don teach my child or speak eng - the cons
5. e food that is cook and given to my child
6. flash cards are gd for teaching - i agreed