infant care

corinnepooh

Hi all,

My EDD is on 26 Sept 09 and I am wondering when is a good time where I register my child at infant care. I just called up the nearest infant care near my house which is "Cherie Hearts @ Harbourfront". They say they are full till next year Mar. That's very fast. So I am wondering if I should book a place for my child now.

Any suggestions?

Burgerlim

Alpha Male
for ntuc one is 1188 before 600 subsidy n gst
Thanks, i checked out most around my block, yes, they all cost around 1.2k! Decided maybe to look for good nanny instead... as my work place is very far from home so may not be able to get back in time fetch..

anyone has any good nanny to recommend instead.. please let me know..

Domique

Hi Jan,

See that you are staying in Bukit Panjang. Me too... Any nanny to recommend around our area?

i never send cos i feel that infant care more easily down with "sickness" and care givers not 100% caregiving. . . mostly work for sake of earning $$$. .

preferred nanny as 1 to 1, more attention given, more exp and more loving. . . more negiotaible too . .

raeka

Try to a nanny where she dun need to look after her own grandchildren if not yours will be neglected. In future , your child will follow their steps good/bad also learn.
Once my sis SIL hire a nanny for many year but once she have her own grandchildren she started to neglect her children. Even her children dun want to eat also leave them hungry.

Be wise hiring a nanny.

joysother

After spending many many sleepless nites thinking about what to do,I opted the option of infant care and consulting many many people and forums I chose babies resort infant care and now I m a happy mother ,thanks to dedicated teachers of babies resort, my baby is happy there and so we are.

Phoebii Cheng

Hi,

I sent my son to infant care since last year when he is 5mths old....so far so good with the infant care that he is in. The teachers there do communicate with you with regards to the wellbeing of your child like when he is sick, what sort of food he should avoid etc......

At first, I had my reservations abt sending my ds there but no choice as no one to help me.

What I like about putting my ds in the infant care is that he is more sociable, he learns things fast, and they get into a routine like eating time, nap time, play time which is easy for us to follow and the teachers there do update you on your child's development.

However, there are also cons of putting your child in the infant care, is that they do get sick, but I choose to believe that they will build up their immune system.

Ultimately it is your choice, of course ........... :tlaugh:

joysother

yeah, I am completely agreed,my son was so much pampered, every feeding session was so exhausting, then every time he see any stranger, he would cry,cling to me all the time.I could not even put him down for while to have my meal......now lot better...no need to make funny faces when he eat and also he is very social now..I think thats the best part but yeah they get infections from each other but initially only....and its good idea to send them earlier before they start recognising faces, easy for them to adjust and so for u..

Phoebii Cheng

For my son's infant care they dun provide yao lan, they have their own method of making the children sleep which they share with us......initially I use the method, but eventually I started my own sleeping routine for my son at home, so now he is used to it oredi :001_302:
I agree with joysother that initially they do get sick, but now my son is ok....

youngmami

I think most infant care do not provide yao lan, they do not encourage babies to sleep in yao lan also.

My gal has been in an infant care since 3 months old. Her teachers are very caring, they feed infants solids like tofu, potato, apple, etc...

Of cuz they tend to fall sick easily but i would rather put her in the infant care den leave her alone with the maid at home.

mandymtb

anyone has experience putting their babies in The Little Greenhouse?

need some advise on this place as my work place does not allow me to take 4mths maternity leave at one go... so prolly hv to put baby in an infant care from either 2nd or 3rd mth onwards...

BudgetMum

seriously i rather trust an infant care than to nanny.

simply becos i do not know the nany's home background, whether they hav a lot of visitors n if their visitors r 'good' ppl....u know the molest thingy lah, violent thingy lah, etc...

also, there's more to consider n look into when getting a nanny than infant care where standard practise/rules r in place. eg, any pets at home, is the nanny clean/hygienic, any gambling habit, language lah, etc... ...

many, many years ago, my cousin was 'drugged' daily so that he keeps sleeping n the nanny can play majong!!!

i do believed in this 'educated' society, there r still many old-fashioned, unacceptable practices.....

Phoebii Cheng

erm...prefer taman jurong/ area near mrt bah...
not going 2 choose air con de coz quite ex...
I'm not sure if there are any near taman jurong.....as for the west, you can check out the ntuc childcare centre to see if they provide infant care at the west area.

My son's currently attending the infant care at ghim moh, it is near the buona vista mrt and you can either walk or take a bus to the block.

Is taman jurong the place where u work?