Infection After C-Sec

kinberuri

Dear all mummies,

I had my c-sec done on the 26th of Feb 2010. Unfortunately enough, i had an infection and was sent to the hospital on the 5th of March 2010. My infection seems to be a real bad one. Was wondering if anyone know what should i eat to improve the recovery. So far i am avoiding, chicken, nuts, eggs and seafood. Is there anything else i shd?

Would appreciate if mummies out there can advise. I really hope to recover real soon as its really a mental torture. :embarrassed:

pyvio

I think more importantly, you need antibiotics from your doc. Has your doc given you any?

My c-section is also not properly closed (though no infection) and my doc gave me antibiotics and regular cleaning / dressing of the wound.

I can understand what you are going through cos I am going through the same thing too.

baby_elmo

I think more importantly, you need antibiotics from your doc. Has your doc given you any?

My c-section is also not properly closed (though no infection) and my doc gave me antibiotics and regular cleaning / dressing of the wound.

I can understand what you are going through cos I am going through the same thing too.
Mine was a c-section too. doc given me antibiotics, pain killer as well as vit C to aid healing & a pair of special sock. Must wear it for 2 weeks as it helps to improve our blood circulation and aid healing of wound.

Did you buy a tummy binding? i started binding since the 2nd day till now as it helps relief pain & prevent wound from tearing and most importantly shape up our tummy. :001_302:

As for food, i take chicken / pig liver & kidney and eggs. No seafood.

kinberuri

Oh ok then mine is.... sigh.
Yup doc gave me antibotic and i am taking it still. Now i am going on a daily changing of dressing. Am kinda stress but trying to keep a positive mind.
So far hows ur? ok le ma?

kinberuri

Mine was a c-section too. doc given me antibiotics, pain killer as well as vit C to aid healing & a pair of special sock. Must wear it for 2 weeks as it helps to improve our blood circulation and aid healing of wound.

Did you buy a tummy binding? i started binding since the 2nd day till now as it helps relief pain & prevent wound from tearing and most importantly shape up our tummy. :001_302:

As for food, i take chicken / pig liver & kidney and eggs. No seafood.
tummy binding? u got it done where? massage lady?

kinberuri

I have a tummy binder... if you need it, i can pass it to you, but dunno is it suitable for c-sect dee.....
mag ah mag. can can u pass me ba.
thanks! today when i went to poly to change the dressing, the nurse ask me also. but duno where to get.

mag_huiling

mag mag. can can you pass me .
thanks! today when i went to poly to change the dressing, the nurse ask me also. but dont know where to get.
can can!! we arrange again on how to pass u and when lor... u remind me leh.. i very forgetful de.... haha

kinberuri

can can!! we arrange again on how to pass u and when lor... u remind me leh.. i very forgetful de.... haha
u pass me when u come over on the 21st? lolz easier for u la if not u have to come all the way. >.<
ask uncle remind u for me can cos i also forgetful lolz

hueychye79

mag mag. can can you pass me .
thanks! today when i went to poly to change the dressing, the nurse ask me also. but dont know where to get.
Kinberuri mummies, after your c-section did the hospital provide you the tummy binder?

I am also emergency c-section and Thomsom Medical Centre give me the tummy binder (of course charge in my bill) immediate after the operation.

I wear about 2 weeks at home. Which hospital are you deliver?

My wound is pretty well and is just like a fine line.

mag_huiling

Kinberuri mummies, after your c-section did the hospital provide you the tummy binder?

I am also emergency c-section and Thomsom Medical Centre give me the tummy binder (of course charge in my bill) immediate after the operation.

I wear about 2 weeks at home. Which hospital are you deliver?

My wound is pretty well and is just like a fine line.
TMC better.. she gave birth at the see $$ to provide service de KKH...

hueychye79

Thomson Medical Center better.. she gave birth at the see $$ to provide service Kandang Kerbau Hospital...
Oh~~ Mag_huiling mummies, this is the first time I know not all the hospital provide the tummy binder.. :shyxxx:

I though every hospital is the same, c-section than come with tummy binder.. :001_302:

Dear all mummies,

I had my c-sec done on the 26th of Feb 2010. Unfortunately enough, i had an infection and was sent to the hospital on the 5th of March 2010. My infection seems to be a real bad one. Was wondering if anyone know what should i eat to improve the recovery. So far i am avoiding, chicken, nuts, eggs and seafood. Is there anything else i should?

Would appreciate if mummies out there can advise. I really hope to recover real soon as its really a mental torture. :embarrassed:
hi kinberuri, i m sorry to hear that. i had a c-sect infection too, though mine was at close to 1 month.. my wound didn re-open though..

I gave birth at TMC in early jan, and i have the tummy binder. I dun use it now and if you wish, I am happy to pass it to you. Just let me know ya.

Wish you a speedy recovery. Cheers :)

baby_elmo

tummy binding? you got it done where? massage lady?
i bought it from kiddy palace almost $30 but it not very good although i used it for almost a month. My massage lady use a long piece of cloth to wrap after massaging is even better. I can see better result after wrapping it for over 8-10 hours.

And must always keep the wound area dry after bath.

baby_elmo

hi kinberuri, i m sorry to hear that. i had a c-sect infection too, though mine was at close to 1 month.. my wound didn re-open though..

I gave birth at Thomson Medical Center in early jan, and i have the tummy binder. I dont use it now and if you wish, I am happy to pass it to you. Just let me know ya.

at first i also don't know how to use it. But i ask the nurse to teach me to put on the 2nd day before i get off the bed to walk. it really helps to reduce the pain. it is suppose to wrap firmly around our hip (starting from below the wound).

kinberuri

I gave birth at TMC in early jan, and i have the tummy binder. I dun use it now and if you wish, I am happy to pass it to you. Just let me know ya.

pinkyhippo mummy,
u have an infection too? seriously i feel terrible lo. its a torture. but i am staying strong for my gal.
how long did urs take to recover?
i will be glad to take the binder from u. where u stay?

pinkyhippo mummy,
you have an infection too? seriously i feel terrible . its a torture. but i am staying strong for my gal.
how long did urs take to recover?
i will be glad to take the binder from you. where you stay?
hihi, yes i had a infection too..so i know how u feel - it takes quite a while to recover and affected my morale too..

i m staying in sembawang, happy to show u how to use the binder when u pop by.. i pm u my hp and u k contact me..

cheers :)

mag_huiling

Oh~~ Mag_huiling mummies, this is the first time I know not all the hospital provide the tummy binder.. :shyxxx:

I though every hospital is the same, c-section than come with tummy binder.. :001_302:
It's like 一分钱一分货。。u get the kind of service for the amount of money u paid...

apollo

Mi also went for c -sec at Thomson Medical Center, doc say dont have to bind e tummy, as it does not do any help on e wound.
i personally feel tt the binder helps alot. with the binder, i'm able to walk faster aft c-sect, at least not so painful =)