insurance for baby?

pkshl

ladies, ive some questions;

1) did u buy insurance for yr baby? if yes, what type?

2) how to clean baby's tongue?

apollo

we intend to buy healthshield for ds 1st.. can cover hospital bill if he admit hospital (TOUCH WOOD!!!)

i use a wet cloth to clean his tongue.. i use pacifier bluff him open his mouth then fast fast clean... haha:tlaugh:

titan3227

Alpha Male
Alot to buy lor... depend on budget lor...
Life..
Illness..
Hospi.. ( can use medisave...not so painful on pocket )
Knocks and cuts ( accident )
Edu...
if you still got money ah... Savings plan lor...haha...
kids nowadays good life ah... last time where got such things....
I would suggest abit of each..don't put all your eggs in 1 basket

New Daddy

Alpha Male
First and foremost, get the MOST important Medical Plan. Then look at insurance plan (usually very cheap for baby). If have budget then look at savings plans. This should be the priority of order. PM me if you wanna find out more.

titan3227

Alpha Male
Most importantly, it's all about the money.
Plan a budget,
Why do you wanna torture yourself for your child?

iwan2noe

Most importantly, it's all about the money.
Plan a budget,
Why do you wanna torture yourself for your child?

Yes, i agree. Setting aside one's saving used to be our normal plan.. Now with a child along, we have to set a certain sum of money for his/her food,medical, etc. Then now insurance..So i think having a set budget for one's baby is the most logical and sensible way to deal with it...

diymummy

I bought an accident plan as well as a hospitalisation plan. Bought these 2 coz felt that they will be utilised more frequently as much as I hope not to utilise it.

I've already claimed once for A&E consultation when my boy fell from the bed.

Triquetra

I bought an accident plan as well as a hospitalisation plan. Bought these 2 coz felt that they will be utilised more frequently as much as I hope not to utilise it.

I've already claimed once for A&E consultation when my boy fell from the bed.
May I ask from which insurance company?
I am thinking of getting for my dd as well.

diymummy

I bought both from AIA. The accident one is called "Gift of Love" and the hospitalisation one is "Healthshield"

iwan2noe

I bought both from AIA. The accident one is called "Gift of Love" and the hospitalisation one is "Healthshield"
Hi diymummy,

What is the monthly premium for AIA Gift of Love?
I saw the e-brochure but not sure how much it couse =P

Can share with me?

diymummy

Hi iwan2noe, just saw this post.

It's annual payment. Not sure if they have monthly instalment. I can't remember how much coz my hubby is paying for it.

There are 3 plans. I think the first one is 100plus, 200plus and 300plus. Around that range bah...

actan1

Alpha Male

1) did you buy insurance for your baby? if yes, what type?

Hi,

Pls call me @ 9118 1233 if u are interested to find out more..
I should be able to help u on this.

Auston.

anniebubu

1) did you buy insurance for your baby? if yes, what type?

basically life, critical illness, hospitalization..to protect first
then if u got extra $$, start for education..
I am getting for my baby Enya too..
my best friend is v experienced planner with Prudential.. absolutely non-pushy type.. and she oso do referral cases.. lots ppl do refer her svc cos she is gd & friendly.. hee ;)

if u need help email me anniebubu@gmail.com i can get her to get in touch with you~ ;)

apollo

Can we use the Child Development Account (baby bonus) for the insurance payment?
my hubby told me only for OCBC insurance then can use worr.. actu those medical is pay by yearly... betwn 1-200 cash + 100++ Medisave..

diymummy

Can we use the Child Development Account (baby bonus) for the insurance payment?
The one I bought with AIA (Healthshield), which is a hospitalisation plan, the premium is deducted from my Medisave.

There's a rider for this which covers the first $3k and this one cannot deduct from Medisave.

Basically what I mean is, for a hospitalisation plan, you can only claim if the bill exceeds $3k. If it's below $3k, you gotta pay. It's like this for most hosp plans. So AIA came out with another plan, called Pink of Health, where they will cover that first $3k for you. This other rider plan cannot be deducted by Medisave. It has to come from your savings and also cannot deduct from CDA.

apollo

The one I bought with AIA (Healthshield), which is a hospitalisation plan, the premium is deducted from my Medisave.

There's a rider for this which covers the first $3k and this one cannot deduct from Medisave.

Basically what I mean is, for a hospitalisation plan, you can only claim if the bill exceeds $3k. If it's below $3k, you gotta pay. It's like this for most hospital plans. So AIA came out with another plan, called Pink of Health, where they will cover that first $3k for you. This other rider plan cannot be deducted by Medisave. It has to come from your savings and also cannot deduct from CDA.
u mean if just buy the 'medisave' part, only can claim if the bill is ABOVE 3k BUT if got add rider, no matter hw much e bill is, even below 3k, also can claim?

diymummy

Yes, that's what I understood from my agent...

If only hosp plan (she told me all hosp plan is the same), can only claim if ABOVE $3k. And that above $3k is already deducted from Medisave. So if you have a bill of $3k, and after deduct Medisave is less than $3k, then cannot claim.

However, I'm not sure if you can claim seperately for certain procedures done which are less than $3k. But if it's just hospitalisation, cannot claim if less than $3k unless you buy the rider.

Well, that's really what I understood from my agent. So if you are considering getting insurance, make sure that they explain ALL terms and conditions to you...