insurance for baby?

apollo

Yes, that's what I understood from my agent...

If only hospital plan (she told me all hospital plan is the same), can only claim if ABOVE $3k. And that above $3k is already deducted from Medisave. So if you have a bill of $3k, and after deduct Medisave is less than $3k, then cannot claim.

However, I'm not sure if you can claim seperately for certain procedures done which are less than $3k. But if it's just hospitalisation, cannot claim if less than $3k unless you buy the rider.

Well, that's really what I understood from my agent. So if you are considering getting insurance, make sure that they explain ALL terms and conditions to you...
so if got plus rider then can claim right?? my agent told me if plus rider any amount can claim as long as dont exceed 500,000 per year... is that the same as what ur agent told u??

diymummy

so if got plus rider then can claim right?? my agent told me if plus rider any amount can claim as long as dont exceed 500,000 per year... is that the same as what your agent told you??
I can't remmeber the cap that my agent told me but I do remmeber she telling me that there is a cap.. But she did say that with rider you can claim any amount. :)

kendrachan

so if got plus rider then can claim right?? my agent told me if plus rider any amount can claim as long as dont exceed 500,000 per year... is that the same as what your agent told you??
Depends on the plan that you sign up for leh...
Let me explain, then maybe you can try to understand the policy:

i think the 3,000 you talking about is the deductible, the deductible is different based on which ward you stay in.
if deductible = $3,000
that means you bill must be more than 3,000 den can claim. You must also come out with the money yourself.

Then there is co-insurance, say = 10%
Means u pay portion of the fee.

say, ur fee costs $5,000
deductible: $3,000
Coinsurance : (5,000-3,000) * 10% = $200
you pay: $3,000 (deductible) + $200(co-insurance) = $3,200
You claim: $5,000 - $3,200 = $1,800
-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you buy the rider and deductible = $3,000
u incurr 2,900 --> cnt claim
If your rider waives off both co-insurance and deductible,
u incurr $3,500 --> you claim $3,500

Hope it helps.

matchy

Alpha Male
I can't remmeber the cap that my agent told me but I do remmeber she telling me that there is a cap.. But she did say that with rider you can claim any amount. :)

doesnt include ambulance and adhoc cost...

some time they are too quick to say ANY amount...

lynnie85

There is a cap for rider and certain companies do cover ambulance fees. As for claiming as per charged, it will be the main plan that is deducted from your Medisave. Usually I will advise my client if possible try to get the rider together with the main plan, as you won't have to worry any small amount not claimable.

As for matchy: if the consultant talk very fast,do feedback to them or ask them anything you are not sure. Coz I do ask my client whether they und what I'm explaining as sometimes I do und that insurance can be confusing for them

Hope it helps ! =)