Is it advisable to ....

elmo493

Is it advisable to prepare a big pot of soup and freeze it for use on the next few days. Prepack in a few small bag and then take it out to defroze whenever requird.

CanCanMum

Is it advisable to prepare a big pot of soup and freeze it for use on the next few days. Prepack in a few small bag and then take it out to defroze whenever requird.
not for freezing...coz freezing and thawing will cause the soup to lose its nutrients...and taste of coz. (my DH's experience)

as for pre-cook a big pot of soup and use it for the next few days, i only tried it using ikan bilis. But i make a pot of concentrated one, means one kg of ikan billis to 3-4 bowls of water only. Whenever i need it will dish out the concentrated one and dilute with water to boil. But i dink can only keep for 2 weeks max in the fridge, not freezer compartment.

elmo493

Oh it sound better in that way, I should give it a try one day.

Thanks

not for freezing...coz freezing and thawing will cause the soup to lose its nutrients...and taste of coz. (my DH's experience)

as for pre-cook a big pot of soup and use it for the next few days, i only tried it using ikan bilis. But i make a pot of concentrated one, means one kg of ikan billis to 3-4 bowls of water only. Whenever i need it will dish out the concentrated one and dilute with water to boil. But i dink can only keep for 2 weeks max in the fridge, not freezer compartment.