Is it common to feel sick everyday?

leelian

i asked my fren.. she say she never go for oscar test too, but she jus went for the blood test.
Oscar test is 90% accurate and the blood test for down syndrome is abt 70%.
i think the oscare test is abt 298+gst and the blood test is abt 100? + gst. blood test im unsure of the price, but fren say roughly $100..
hmm i scare blood test sia. got bad experience before.
haha you are finally back on forum :)

Jofeny

after 2 weeks plus of morning sickness.. i discovered the way to stop feeling all the sick feeling is to keep eating.. when your eyes open in the morning, eat... before any feeling of dizzy or wanting to vomit come, jus eat... best food? i realised its bread. cos it will suck the acid in your tummy. can eat more of cos is better, but if u feel the feeling coming, jus tear a bit of bread and munch, then drink sweet drinks (i like fresh warm soya milk).. remember ur tummy is v acidic because of the lesser food amt that u r eating normally, try not to drink acidic drinks..

food that i take: H2O drink, chestnut drink, soya milk, soup, rice, porridge, hotdog bread, macdonalds burgers, fries, vege, etc

will come a stage that u eat untili duno what to eat.. cos u r eating so frequently.. but try to keep yourself happy and jus eat anything that u feel like eating. dun force anything down ur throat that u dun like.. i dun like fish now, but i will try to eat more tofu.. to replace whatever that is necessary..

jia you, i still have 4 weeks to go...

Jofeny

Heard frm radion tht drinking alkaline water will help in the MS.....don't know if it is true
hmm what alkaline water are there on market? haha, i can only think of SOAP?!! haha, too much secondary sch chemistry in my head..

if really got i think it will help, cos sometimes can feel the acidic boiling in my tummy... really like recently tv keep having this advertisement on this tummy medicine.. got to fireman go put out the tummy fire one.. haha..

yuzudinga

i asked my fren.. she say she never go for oscar test too, but she jus went for the blood test.
Oscar test is 90% accurate and the blood test for down syndrome is abt 70%.
i think the oscare test is abt 298+gst and the blood test is abt 100? + gst. blood test im unsure of the price, but fren say roughly $100..
imo, since the test is somewhat a probability test n is not 100% accurate, i think if u have decided to keep ur baby no matter he/she is normal or not, u might as well skip the test. (coz i have a fren who tested very high % tat baby is abnormal. doc recommended abortion but they decide to keep baby anyway, in the end, baby turned out fine..)

Jofeny

ya.. but not for long lah.. haha.. dun wan to read too much.. only scare myself more.. better watch tv.. and feed myself.. im like a baby now.. eating every 2 hrs.. haha..

Jofeny

imo, since the test is somewhat a probability test n is not 100% accurate, i think if u have decided to keep ur baby no matter he/she is normal or not, u might as well skip the test. (coz i have a fren who tested very high % tat baby is abnormal. doc recommended abortion but they decide to keep baby anyway, in the end, baby turned out fine..)
ya lo.. i did ask my hubby.. if baby is not normal then how? abort? he jus smile lah.. anyway jus follow thru the flow ba...

Phoebii Cheng

Those like the brand novita? hv u heard of it? I bought the jug....some brands like hyflux they oso hv the jug type now....can check it out in the market like harvey norman, best denki.....

I bought the jug cos it is cheaper.......

Rukia

Thanks Yuzudinga, Xiaodaisy and Jofeny for your replies. Guess I shall wait til next wk then make an appt to see my gynae.

Can I still go swimming and sweep floor etc? Is that considered exerting myself?

xiaodaisy

Thanks Yuzudinga, Xiaodaisy and Jofeny for your replies. Guess I shall wait til next wk then make an appt to see my gynae.

Can I still go swimming and sweep floor etc? Is that be considered exerting myself?
if ur feeling fine with those , u can go ahead .. =)

unless u have spottings den just rest well n do nothing lol

Jofeny

haha.. that time in aussie.. the nurses poke 5 times still cant get blood from me.. ok lah. that day a bit scared but after that still ok.. i rather take a few jabs then to keep popping medicine.. haha..

leelian

me have to eat 5 pills per day lor.
morning-1 vitamin, 1 florexine, 1 hormone pill
night- 1 folic acid, 1 hormon pill..

haha like eating sweets sia..

Jofeny

Hi all,
I'm new here.My wife just is pregnant for 5-6weeks.Hope to share and know more ,so as to help relive my wife's burden.Anyone,any good advices?Thanks!
Hi daddy,

really happy to see daddy on forum to know and read abt how we mummies feel.

haha, but actually depending on the severity of your wife's Morning sickness, she might be feeling so well that the best way to relief her burden is to go shopping and watch movie with her. if she is having morning sickness then maybe its good if u could jus hang ard her side, and help her with the housework. My hubby now is doing 100% of the housework at home because im really feeling dizzy everyday.

Also, try to be more patient with her because she is going thru bloatedness, constipation, dizziness, headache, outbreak on her face and feeling wanting to vomit all at a time. In short, all not nice feeling. U also need to ensure she keep eating and drinking.. frequency is impt if she cant eat or drink a lot.. also if possible can accompany for checks up so that she dun feel alone. of cos must make her feel loved in your own ways! :)

I think this is the best time for hubbies to show their love to their wives! =)