Is it gd or bad for babies who sleeps thru out the nite

snowie28

my bb boy is only 2 mths old cumin to 3 mths, but he seems to slp thru out the nite without waking up. Even the last feed is at 7pm+, he wun wake up n slp thru out the nite. Sometimes i afraid he is hungry and have to wake him up to feed him, but he only take 4-5 ounces (he suppose to take 6 ounces at his age). Shld i wake him up again in the midnight for feeding or let him slp? :wong21:

Ottermum

aiyo! Can't believe that! You're so lucky to have a bb that sleeps thru the nite!!! At 2 months plus somemore!!! Dun worry bb will wake up if they're hungry... let him sleep! do you know plenty of sleep for bb promotes good growth n brain development?

How i wish my boy sleeps thru the nite... he's coming 4 months still wakes up at 4am for milk...

Lucky you!

different bb has different milk intake amount... my boy now only drinks 4oz every 3, 4 hours... so u shouldn't follow the instructions on milk tins... we should feed them according to their weight, not age.

Hope it helps

Last edited:

LoVeS

I feel tat bb able to slp thru the nite is a very fortunate thingy for mummy coz mummy will get to rest enuff n same goes for bb since they need at least 15hrs of slp per day. If they r hungry they will wake up by themselves n cry out for milk~

Porukadotzu

you have to check wether your baby have a sign of dehidration or not, like dry lips and baby soft part on the head appear sinking or not..if there's no sign of that then you're quite lucky to have newborn who sleep thru the nite! :001_302:..

my ger got me a panda eyes on my face since the day she arrive untill now haha...

only during her 3 mth then she can sleep almost thru the nite (11pm - 5am)... but when she's 4 mth she start to waking up at 3am again... untill now... congrats to me...

CanCanMum

my bb boy is only 2 mths old cumin to 3 mths, but he seems to slp thru out the nite without waking up. Even the last feed is at 7pm+, he wun wake up n slp thru out the nite. Sometimes i afraid he is hungry and have to wake him up to feed him, but he only take 4-5 ounces (he suppose to take 6 ounces at his age). Shld i wake him up again in the midnight for feeding or let him slp? :wong21:
no need to do anything~ u r blessed to have a baby who sleeps through the night. Dun worry becoz night feeds are not necessarily good becoz they canx digest properly....

Funz

Lucky you. If baby is growing well and healthy, no worries I guess. If not, you can try giving him his last feed before you go to bed. Most babies will suckle even when half asleep.

Lotus

Ahhhh a very lucky mummy....

Don't worry babys will wake themselves if hungry.

Enjoy your uninterrupted night sleep, as he gets older and needs more food he'll begin to wake during the night.

snowie28

thanks mummies for the advise. lucky my boy have no sign of dehidration, so i tink i shld be able to rest my mind on dat.

hmm, i guess my bb can slp thru out the nite becos he doesnt really slp during day time? Tink i juz continue wat im doing, give him a last feed before i go to slp.

CynCyn

Yay yr lucky as well . If baby sleep wells thru the night it's ok . My boy also slept thru the night around that age .

Queenbabe

Sleep thru out the nite is good , Mine also but i never sleep when my DS sleeping hahaha , in the end is i play online games until i have 'pandan eyes' .

MsPlumpy

Don't worry so much, just let him sleep ... you must be happy that the baby does that

When I had my DS1, he wakes up in the middle of nite asking for feed, that was really tiring ...

As for my DS2, he sleeps through the nite when he was about 3mths (10 - 7am) If he sleeps earlier and gets hungry, he will wake up and ask for milk ...

I am hoping that he will continue to do that :wink:

raeka

whao so good...
my baby must wake up to drink lor... i'm exhausted and tiring..
but my baby is a fuzzy one so he can only sleep and drink together haha...

yvonne_ktw

fortunate mummy for snowie.. my MIL says my hubby and SIL last time at night didn't wake up for milk one.
Maybe it's being trained by her bah cause she rock them in sarong adn when ever they make noise he rock cause she install the wall sarong directly on top of where she sleep.
My sister's 2daughter also at night don't wake up.
But poor me have to wake up. Now i try sarong to rock him let him sleep longer.. =x sometime didn't, sometime yes but when he really cannot tahan the hunger liao will cry and rock also no use.
Don't worry for yr BB..

autumn82

My DD used to sleep in the sarong during daytime at nanny place until 4yr old. Sometimes I will leave her at MIL place overnite and she will sleep in the sarong. The most irriating part is she will wake up in the nite and cry for MIL to rock her and this can last for 1hr+. But she will only do tis when she is at MIL place.

At home, she sleeps on bed w/o waking up. So I refused to let DS sleep in sarong at all, even when we visit MIL. :tlaugh:I feel that if DS/DD can sleep well on bed, y shld they be placed in sarong? MIL still say sleep in sarong can sleep longer. DS can also sleep on bed 12hrs straight on bed wor. Duhz.

yvonne_ktw

THe sarong should be new toy for my boi that's why he can sleep long if put in sarong. Then when i rock him he go back to sleep even pass his standard feeding time. Another thing is i heard sleep sarong the head will back to round and when i go bath or pang sai i will put him in sarong if not he alwyas disturb me till i can't bath or pangsai man so i went to buy sarong.

snowie28

fortunate mummy for snowie.. my MIL says my hubby and SIL last time at night didn't wake up for milk one.
Maybe it's being trained by her bah cause she rock them in sarong adn when ever they make noise he rock cause she install the wall sarong directly on top of where she sleep.
My sister's 2daughter also at night don't wake up.
But poor me have to wake up. Now i try sarong to rock him let him sleep longer.. =x sometime didn't, sometime yes but when he really cannot tahan the hunger liao will cry and rock also no use.
Don't worry for yr BB..
Ya fortunate for my boy but not for my ger who is already 5 tis yr haa. She is a total diff from my boy whereby she wake up every 1-2hrs at night n slps thru the day.. :embarrassed:

But lucky both i din rock them in sarong cos its comfortable for them but tiring for mummies

Last edited: