Is it normal to have headaches during 2nd Tri??

Porukadotzu

hi, I hv been having terrible headaches too some weeks ago. My headache can last for 2 days I was afraid to eat any medication during preg so i bear it, but when i check with my doc he says ok to drank panadol....then the week after that i got another one also last for 2 days.. i drank panadol on the second time i got this headache, hope that can wake up feeling normal...but turns out also still feel light headed and getting worse during the day then i feel useless to drink panadol..... the last time i got it again was last week, start by feeling lightheaded in the morning and worse at noon (thou already eat solid food alot), but near bed time my MIL ask me to drink the bird nest one big cup then sleep.... and to my surprise i wake up feeling ok.... But still dunno is it coz of the bird nest? next time i got it again i want to try to drink bird nest, see what the result would be......i bought the Eu Yan Sang Bird nest around $49/box just in case...hehehe Maybe you can try consume bird nest too?...if its not working atleast bird nest actually still can give you good boost for pregnancy.... Good Luck!!

Porukadotzu

Hi,

I almost suffering headaches the moment i wake up in the morning.
Is it normal?

JS
oh ya, it is NORMAL to hv headache during 2nd Tri...I hv check out all sort of pregnancy forums and alot of ppl also hv headaches...due to the bb growing and something about mom's blood distribution to brain abit slow down so mum felt bit giddy and aching...hv check with doc also bout my headache, he said " Normal lah, everyone have it!" ...then i nod and nod.... so yeah....you'll be okay....

jsoh

i see...... cos i keep on taking MC and leave becos of this headached. so worry tat i will be sack one day....:tsad:As i see my colleagues during their pregnancy they nv suffer all this except me...

tjed

nope, definitely its not normal, headaches are a build up of certain malfunctions of the body systems, better go for a checkup and see whats wrong...maybe a deficient of something to our body, healthwise better get an answer...some ppl lead to a habitual of migrane attack or worse...get a diagnosis of the root of the matter and get over it , otherwise not a good sign....:we2Randy-git: taKE CARE

Porukadotzu

i see...... cos i keep on taking MC and leave becos of this headached. so worry tat i will be sack one day....:tsad:As i see my colleagues during their pregnancy they nv suffer all this except me...
hi, how are you feeling nowadays..?

yea i can understand how u feel.. i hated it if the headache start coming too cant even concentrate on anything... try to hv warm shower and take a small walk to breath fresh air might help too...

but if your headache really terrible like making you vomit all the time or cause you fainting or something, u surely need to consult with doctor.

Last Friday i wake up in the morning with light headache again, and still feeling it after b/f and small nap finally i drank the bird nest 1 (bottled one) and after about half an hour later i didnt feel headache...so i starting to believe this birdnest give me the antidote..hehe.. i never drink any panadol anymore so far...

jsoh

Hi, i feeling better now. Cos i go n see my GP. He say i maybe lack of iron.
So he ask me to go back n ask my gynae.
Nw my gynae give me a iron tablet. After taking, i no longer have this problem.
Thanks for concern.

Porukadotzu

Hi, i feeling better now. Cos i go n see my GP. He say i maybe lack of iron.
So he ask me to go back n ask my gynae.
Nw my gynae give me a iron tablet. After taking, i no longer have this problem.
Thanks for concern.
Hi Jsoh, good you didn't get the headache anymore..:tlaugh:
glad nothing serious thou... eat more spinach also can add iron in ur blood. Take care!!

-SRI-

Me worst sia.... gt migraine.. used to hv b4 preg but it comes only when exam period..hehehe..stress la...tts wat doc said...

But preg make it worst...keep having it...argh!! all i do is take a nap... But i do hv records lack of Iron & Vitamins....My youngest sis hv it too.. but when she's preg, she's strg & healthy..maybe oso cz she ate alot unlike me...

toeneil

me also having headache all the time...
but i got history of migraine de... hubby study health science.. say it is okie to take panadol but i try not to take too much lar... worry abt the effect on my baby... now whenever i get a headache i just nap...or complain to hubby to get him to make me birdnest.. hehehe

prolly will check with my doc again.. the funny thing was he said that the more sick n ill the mum feel, the healthier the baby will be... i was like "HUH???"

btw..anyone lost weight ar? i lost 4.5kg since i got my baby... n now am 18weeks. prolly coz i was throwing up evthing i eat in my 1st trimester. but doc say baby v healthy after the scan... hmmmm

Porukadotzu

Me worst sia.... gt migraine.. used to hv b4 preg but it comes only when exam period..hehehe..stress la...tts wat doc said...

But preg make it worst...keep having it...argh!! all i do is take a nap... But i do hv records lack of Iron & Vitamins....My youngest sis hv it too.. but when she's preg, she's strg & healthy..maybe oso cz she ate alot unlike me...
hoi Sri, been a while haven't read ur post again! :tlaugh:how're ya doing?

wa if you hv migrain yea it will be worsen during pregnancy..i read tat over the net also. You're the same as my cousin, she was in a very bad shape during migrane..no mood to eat, can't sleep well too..really "Le Miserable" hhehe...

Eat more lah, eat vege if you afraid of gain weight alot, reduce eating red meat too, heard that can trigger the migrane more. And yea, sleep more..or atleast try to..

Porukadotzu

me also having headache all the time...
but i got history of migraine de... hubby study health science.. say it is okie to take panadol but i try not to take too much lar... worry abt the effect on my baby... now whenever i get a headache i just nap...or complain to hubby to get him to make me birdnest.. hehehe

prolly will check with my doc again.. the funny thing was he said that the more sick n ill the mum feel, the healthier the baby will be... i was like "HUH???"

btw..anyone lost weight ar? i lost 4.5kg since i got my baby... n now am 18weeks. prolly coz i was throwing up evthing i eat in my 1st trimester. but doc say baby v healthy after the scan... hmmmm
Hi toeneil, your nick reminds me of....toe nail...:tlaugh: bad j/k huh hehee.

yea i also afraid of any effect frm panadol thou doktr gv green light.. sumtimes the headache occur coz the baby growing also. So it's actually not caused by mummy's stress. So it will be wasted to take medicine rite..

Its good tat you could hv the birdnest to keep u fit..i also drink it once in a while.

Eh you lost weight so much? i gain weight 5 kg since start untill now around 20 week..hehhee...

toeneil

Hi toeneil, your nick reminds me of....toe nail...:tlaugh: bad j/k huh hehee.

yea i also afraid of any effect frm panadol thou doktr gv green light.. sumtimes the headache occur coz the baby growing also. So it's actually not caused by mummy's stress. So it will be wasted to take medicine rite..

Its good tat you could hv the birdnest to keep u fit..i also drink it once in a while.

Eh you lost weight so much? i gain weight 5 kg since start untill now around 20 week..hehhee...
hehe.. no worries abt the nick lar.. is okie...

i dun really take the panadol until i beh tahan..

anyway doc say for some mtb, the more jialat/sick u r, the healthier the baby is.. so i bo bian tahan lor.. as long as bb is healthy, anything oso okie lar.

birdnest cannot eat too much... hubby says according to TCM, mtb can only eat 1 piece each week, so he will soak n divide into portions. dunno if it is me or wat, but taking the birdnest does help with the headache n also make my bb more guai. else she will be kicking me...

keke.. lost weight coz i not working liao.. coz took too many mc til i paiseh... n when i was working.. i have like 6 meals a days... :p... i expect to put weight v soon coz this bb is making me have craving like eating mac hot fudge sundae evday... starting to take alot of sweet stuff :shyxxx:

u r 20 weeks... meaning 2 weeks more than me :)

raeka

i having slight headaches after my blood test.. now alright still a little headaches sometimes..

-SRI-

oh my god, then how? having headache how u manage to have enough rest?
Do take care. =)
Hmm.. i juz endure...endure...and endure...:tlaugh: Put some medicated oil at my temple...

B4 preggie I can easily hv migraine attack if I'm too stress...Nw preggie worsen my condition due to hormones too.. Told doc abt it but dere nth he can do.. He don allow me to take Synflex (my usual medication for migraine) cz it'll harm my bb... Its either i take panadol or endure... But panadol muz take the normal ones..cannot take the Extra Panadol....

Den again, headache & migraine is totally two different illness... Migraine is worst!! hahaha... tts y i juz rest.. No use to take panadol la..wont cure one....... Even after slp, sometimes the migraine gone for awhile & come back ltr... Or even after u wake up, it still be dere.... haiz..............

Thks... u too.... I left 78days b4 i deliver my bb...hehehe...so muz hang in dere....

Porukadotzu

Hi all, how's the headache and migrane?

yea better tahan for few mths more..

I stop having the headache around my 6th mth thou..

It's a phase things..

eat more fruits also helps, good for digestion also.

Anyway hope you girls ok by now!:001_302:

Basha

Hmm.. i juz endure...endure...and endure...:tlaugh: Put some medicated oil at my temple...

B4 preggie I can easily hv migraine attack if I'm too stress...Nw preggie worsen my condition due to hormones too.. Told doc abt it but dere nth he can do.. He don allow me to take Synflex (my usual medication for migraine) cz it'll harm my bb... Its either i take panadol or endure... But panadol muz take the normal ones..cannot take the Extra Panadol....

Den again, headache & migraine is totally two different illness... Migraine is worst!! hahaha... tts y i juz rest.. No use to take panadol la..wont cure one....... Even after slp, sometimes the migraine gone for awhile & come back ltr... Or even after u wake up, it still be dere.... haiz..............

Thks... u too.... I left 78days b4 i deliver my bb...hehehe...so muz hang in dere....
Hi Sri..so does it mean that we can only take the norm Panadol & not the Xtra? Is it coz the Xtra is much stronger & can affect the baby..? Been having headaches recently & wondering y in this 2nd Tri...tot that after the morning sickness during the 1st Tri all this headaches or giddy spells wont occur again but alas.....My next check-up is nest Tue but i cant endure with the pain oreadi so i need advise whether Panadols can really be taken....

sugarcookie

I'm 24 weeks pregnant and I still experience headaches and migraines. Prior to getting pregnant, I was prone to them but they got worse now that I'm pregnant. It is safe to take Panadol but I'm not sure about Panadol Extra.