Is it ok for 11 month old baby to take unsalted butter?

lilcactus

Hi mummies, as above. Thinking of making pancakes for my coming to 11months old girl. But it should taste better if I could add some unsalted butter. Can I?

meiteoh

Yes. Just treat it as a new ingredient. Actually if your daughter can take pancakes (which has milk and whole eggs), she should be okay with butter.

lilcactus

hi meiteoh, she is only taking egg yolk, but the pancake i make is super basic one. only plain flour and formula milk.

diymummy

The only concern with butter is allergies. You can try frying with unsalted butter. If you notice any allergic reaction, shelf it and introduce it later on, maybe after 1 yo.

try to introduce to your baby bit by bit each day whereby to train her not to be fussy eater next time. Moderate of everything. My girl start to take solid food on 3rd month and 4th month already taking durian. Now, she will be naggy is she never get her porridge each day. My wife did a very good job as she will make different kind of vege and meat porridge each day and my girl loves it.

apollo

try to introduce to your baby bit by bit each day whereby to train her not to be fussy eater next time. Moderate of everything. My girl start to take solid food on 3rd month and 4th month already taking durian. Now, she will be naggy is she never get her porridge each day. My wife did a very good job as she will make different kind of vege and meat porridge each day and my girl loves it.
actu i think it depends on what kind of foods. not every parent is comfortable in feeding their babies foods they shdnt take when they are still young =)

lilcactus

thanks everyone for the reply.. ya, its not about training her to be a easy eater in future. its just concern that some babies are more sensitive to certain foods and might have reactions if we introduce too early.

stonston

Butter is so tasty, will it help your child to be less fussy?

For 11mth old, try to use non-stick pan with minimal oil.
It's difficult on their digestive system & liver with high fat intake.

Grease your pan lightly with olive oil for the pancake will do :)
Butter can wait till after 1yo (after you intro whole milk).