Is it ok for baby (1mth+) to sleep on her tummy?

yennee76

Dear mummies...
my DD has been very difficult for the past few nights - started crying (really loud) whenever I put her down to sleep (she's okay in the day). So last night, out of desperation, I put by DD to sleep on her tummy... and she slept well... Wondering if it's okay for baby (1mth+ old) to sleep long period on her tummy...

joeichen

Hi, I heard from my MIL that sometimes bb have to change pattern of sleeping cause sleeping 1 way may feel discomfor after a long period.
I think as long as you keep an eye her your bb then shld be ok, the only worry is bb might turn her head and might not have enough strength to turn all so might end up facing down.

autumn82

Dear mummies...
my DD has been very difficult for the past few nights - started crying (really loud) whenever I put her down to sleep (she's okay in the day). So last night, out of desperation, I put by DD to sleep on her tummy... and she slept well... Wondering if it's okay for baby (1mth+ old) to sleep long period on her tummy...
It is fine, my DS also been sleeping on his tummy since 1mth old. But just have to take note, make sure her head dun face downward but sideways. Coz their neck muscles not tt strong yet.

CanCanMum

Dear mummies...

my boy always sleeps on tummy since birth....now oso sleeps on his tummy...he neber like to sleep on his back de~ until sometimes he sleeps so still i tot wad happened and i will go shake shake him a bit...lols

but make sure they dun get covered by bedsheets or pillows and if possible best to not put any pillows/bolsters/blankies/loose bedsheets until your baby knows how to use her hands to sweep away obstacles.

angelasiah

Hi,

My baby girl also sleeps on her tummy since she was born. Now, she is going to 11 month, she sometimes still sleeps on her tummy. Heard from my mother that baby sleeps on her tummy tends to have more security and can sleep longer time. But, they know how to turn, they will not stick to one position.

So, do not worry.

:Dancing_tongue:

Tracy.tan

Hi

My baby sleeps on her tummy since she was about 2 months plus and can sleep for hours, when I put her on normal sleeping position, she would jump up with fright on the slightest sound and would start to cry. I heard pple said that babies sleeping on thier tummies feel more secure and the shape of their heads will be nicer next time.

littlerat

I have been trying to let him sleeping on his tummy since birth too but is on daytime, not vey "fang xin" cause there is possiblity that he may suffocated when he sleep flat on his face ... so only through close monitoring where I let him sleep on tummy.