Is it ok to do Manicure / Pedicure during Pregnancy?

V

valeriegoh

I'm interested to do acrylic nails but unsure is it ok during pregnancy.. any mommies did it before during their pregnancy? advise? thanks :D
Hi MrsNeo:) Acrylic nails should be alright to do during pregnancy.. i did it during my pregnancy for my wedding (hee wedding during pregnancy :/) and nothing's unusual so far.. it's probably just the smell of polish.. just try not to sit to close so that u won't take it too much of the smell (full of chemicals).

V

valeriegoh

Im pregnant , is the massage ok ? Or i hv to tell the manicurist not to massage .
Hi CynCyn, i did manicures often throughout my pregnancy(still doing) and i love the massages! I think it's totally alright to massage the arms, but for the feet if you're doing pedicures, better not massage.

CynCyn

Hi CynCyn, i did manicures often throughout my pregnancy(still doing) and i love the massages! I think it's totally alright to massage the arms, but for the feet if you're doing pedicures, better not massage.
Thks babe . Is it bcos our leg's nerves is somehow connected to the baby ?

V

valeriegoh

Thks babe . Is it bcos our leg's nerves is somehow connected to the baby ?
Supposedly there are acupressure points around the ankles and feet that, when actively and aggressively worked, can bring on contractions, which means early labour in third trimester.

I also heard that if those acupressure points are pressed during foot massages in first trimester, miscarriages may occur.

So, unless your massage therapist is knowledgeable and pregnancy-certified, u should probably skip foot massages.

January84

Supposedly there are acupressure points around the ankles and feet that, when actively and aggressively worked, can bring on contractions, which means early labour in third trimester.

I also heard that if those acupressure points are pressed during foot massages in first trimester, miscarriages may occur.

So, unless your massage therapist is knowledgeable and pregnancy-certified, u should probably skip foot massages.
yup, agree, prevent from foot massage unless it is those post natal one. as they are certified. usually normal foot relax and menicurist learn one are standard massages so don go for it.