Is it ok to do Manicure / Pedicure during Pregnancy?

January84

once in a while its okay la... just don let the nail polish stick on nails too long cos the chemicals not that good for foetus.

autumn82

Eh... I did it thruout my pregnancy wor.. I find it relaxing to do.. Haha..

Just skip the massage part... Hehe.

shulyn

Eh... I did it thruout my pregnancy wor.. I find it relaxing to do.. Haha..

Just skip the massage part... Hehe.
Hi,

Before pregnancy, i been doing manicure and pedicure...im currently in my 32 weeks and somehow last month i went to do my nails, my mum called after i finish my nails sessions. She wanted to ask me not to do and i have already finish doing my nails. Then my mum just say wat done already done, jus dun ask anymore.. I also very puzzled ??? ...Dun really know is it those old wife myths...

SunShine07

i also do it throughout my pregancy leh, to relax abit loh, i also do abit of massage, i think it should be fine as long as u let them know that u are pregnant, and they wont use too much strenght on it loh.....

And i believe that light massaging it good as when we pregnant, we get tired easily.....but dun ever go for foot massage:nah:

jxmummy

Hi,

Before pregnancy, i been doing manicure and pedicure...im currently in my 32 weeks and somehow last month i went to do my nails, my mum called after i finish my nails sessions. She wanted to ask me not to do and i have already finish doing my nails. Then my mum just say wat done already done, jus dun ask anymore.. I also very puzzled ??? ...Dun really know is it those old wife myths...
Hi Shulyn,

Thanks for the advise.
I think i will not go for it quite often, just for some special ocassions like CNY, haha!

jxmummy

i also do it throughout my pregancy leh, to relax abit loh, i also do abit of massage, i think it should be fine as long as u let them know that u are pregnant, and they wont use too much strenght on it loh.....

And i believe that light massaging it good as when we pregnant, we get tired easily.....but dun ever go for foot massage:nah:
Hi Liang`Jia,

ok, thanks for the advise too!!

autumn82

I'm still going for it twice a mth.. Haha. Cannot dun go, been addicted to it for like the past 4yrs+ liao.. Kekeke.

Ya, dun do foot massage, might just press on the accupoint that will encourage early labour? Heh.

Ya, abt Shulyn's mum.. I think it is some old wifes tales. I rem I went for facial thru out as well, and my beautician was asking me whether I was pantang or not.. Obvious I wasn't la.. :x

badtzzz

it's ok to do but hve to inform them incase they do e foot massage....i still do it during my 2nd trimster...3rd trimster beta nt bahz

shulyn

I'm still going for it twice a mth.. Haha. Cannot dun go, been addicted to it for like the past 4yrs+ liao.. Kekeke.

Ya, dun do foot massage, might just press on the accupoint that will encourage early labour? Heh.

Ya, abt Shulyn's mum.. I think it is some old wifes tales. I rem I went for facial thru out as well, and my beautician was asking me whether I was pantang or not.. Obvious I wasn't la.. :x
Hi Autumn,

I agree too..but sometimes old wifes tales makes me think alot...haha...When i ask my mum, she say dun let them paint nails arts, wait scare...tats wat she told me..kind of worry..But still i got nails package, prob jus go there trim nails and relax ba..try not to paint colours and nails art.

Cheyenne

Hi,
for me , I have too. Tummy too big to bend over to do pedi. And DH wouldn't want to help me. Can't possibily let it grow and get ugly, right. Plus, I tend to go for open toe shoes for work, I got to tidy my pedi, some how.

For Mani, still can tahan a bit or do myself.

Tracy.tan

Ya talking about that, its about time to pay someone to do the pedicure for me, as my tummy is getting so big I can even bend down to trim my nails. Hahaha

chuaeil

Hi everybody out there, Im new here. Just to share, I used to be a manicurist for many yrs, is ok to do manicure. I have been doing manicure for alot of pregnant women and they are fine. I have seen them till they gave birth and the bb are fine just dont go to the shop thats got smell.

Anyway im thinking of doing free lance manicure at my home. if anyone who is interested can sms me at 81868653 or email me at chuaeil@yahoo.com.sg

Cheers

SH74

i did mani n pedi during pregnancy. but hv to tell them that u r preggy, so dun wan massage.

MrsNeo

I'm interested to do acrylic nails but unsure is it ok during pregnancy.. any mommies did it before during their pregnancy? advise? thanks :D