Is it really painful when gynea check for diliation/engagement?

Jodav

Is it really painful when gynea check for diliation/engagement? Heard different stories lei... Wondering how "deep" the gynea will go man. Scary!!

yakii

Is it really painful when gynea check for diliation/engagement? Heard different stories lei... Wondering how "deep" the gynea will go man. Scary!!
yes is painful...n the pain will stay for awhile after he check..hate it

Jodav

Oh dear... I cannot imagine the kind of feeling. Now in week 36. I think i'm going to have this check next week :(

chelle

Oh dear... I cannot imagine the kind of feeling. Now in week 36. I think i'm going to have this check next week :(
Dun get too stressed out, that shld b nothing compared to labour pain, so we shld trained ourselves now...haa

a.lin

Yes, I agreed its super painful!! The GBS test is ok not painful. but checking for dilation is very painful and may bleed sometimes. Thats what happen to me... I already did 2 dilation check and will have to coninue to be check weekly until I dilate. But I think it also depends on gynae, I have friend that have gynae that is very gentle so they don't feel pain.

jojoki

y painful?? not painful at all... seriously. but need to relax... not painful one. GBS even more painful just a long cotton bud like that take a swab only ma... dilation also not painful unless ur gynae got giant hands hahah... otherwise ask the doc to put extra lubricant pls n take deep breath n RELAX ....

a.lin

y painful?? not painful at all... seriously. but need to relax... not painful one. GBS even more painful just a long cotton bud like that take a swab only ma... dilation also not painful unless ur gynae got giant hands hahah... otherwise ask the doc to put extra lubricant pls n take deep breath n RELAX ....
Hi jojoki,
Yes its painful... maybe you are luckier your gynae is gentle. My gynae not as gentle and when he check for dilation he put the finger really deep can u imagine it can be so deep and rough to make you bleed on the spot. Doing GBS test is just a long cotton stick to be lightly swap, similar to pap smear.So its just a little incomfy but not painful.

sugarcookie

Checking for dilation isn't painful, just a bit uncomfortable. BUT, my gynae stretched my cervix to get it to open up more! THAT was painful!!!

princessminn

I dun feel is painful,to mi it is more of uncomfortable than painful.
after checking,i cant sit down properly wif my butt stick to e chair.

Ting

u mean when u r in the delivery room? uh, so far i rmb, when the doc check for me or wat, nth seems to hurt, just abit uncomfy. only when they do tt swab thingy with tt long cotton bud, tt hurt somehow.

stonston

mine was not painful at all. guess i got a gentle gynae.
it was in the delivery room when he say he gonna stretch my cervix n might be painful, then that was painful (but bearable).

Jodav

Stretch the cervix??? Was that done only during hospital checks or clinic checks? I'm talking about VE examination in clinics happening @wk 37 normally... As for Hospital checks, I'm going straight for Epidural!!! I guess painless for whatever they do after epidural :)

jojoki

Hi jojoki,
Yes its painful... maybe you are luckier your gynae is gentle. My gynae not as gentle and when he check for dilation he put the finger really deep can u imagine it can be so deep and rough to make you bleed on the spot. Doing GBS test is just a long cotton stick to be lightly swap, similar to pap smear.So its just a little incomfy but not painful.
haha yes my gynae is SUPER SUPER gentle like chaboh!! haha very soft spoken guy.. throughout my whole pregnancy n delivery i've never felt any pain at all... but u knw my gynae never check for dilation until the day i admit to be induced... at 38 weeks. n he check dilation is not put finger wor he put both his whole hands inside... or one i cant remember.... but he made sure there was lots of lubricant... the midwife squirted the lubricant n he say more more.... the midwife say no more.. then he say go get sumore...

but my pap smear was more uncomfortable.. done in msia.. lady gynae... she insterted this metal thingy inside that hold the vagina apart then scrape scrape...

Yuki Miaka

for me is painful & uncomfortable... still remember doctor keep asking me to relax and open leg wider because i get very tense when he do the checking...

but if you can make urself relax is good because doctor easier to check and will be faster... for me i too tense up.. doctor cant check properly so got to recheck.. so more pain lol.

Ya quite painful when gynea dunno put finger or whole hand in to check. The last time when I gave birth to my daughter after check I bleed than that nite gave birth liao.

Jodav

Looks like depends oh the size of fingers + Hands of nurse/doctor doing the check for you. Gosh....... I have a 1.8m (maybe taller) Gynea!! I guess his hands and fingers are not small either!!!!