Is it true children definitely can get into the primary school their parents went to?

lilcactus

Daddies and mummies,

I am hoping to put my girl in the primary school i went to attend when i was a girl. Is it true that she can definitely get in because I used to be an ex student?

diymummy

Re: Is it true children definitely can get into the primary school their parents went

It is very high chance. So far from the friends I heard from, is 100%. Not sure which school you went to. But my friends' kids are attending schools like Rosyth, PLMGS, St Nich's.... All got in in Phase 2A (either parent is ex-student). Not too sure abt other schools.

lilcactus

Re: Is it true children definitely can get into the primary school their parents went

thanks diymummy. Mine is a convent girl's school.. cos if confirm can get in, will consider shifting nearer to the school in future..

DodoTan

confirm can. you just need to prove that you were from that school.

stonston

Based on the current system and figures from the past few years, there has never been a case that the child was rejected or subjected to balloting when the parent is ex-student.

And the best part is that you only need to produce proof like report book or PSLE cert.
Even if you were only in that school for 1 or 2 years, you are still considered ex-student (e.g. transfer cases or merge school).

Sadly, some schools have closed down/merged. If unsure, go to MOE's website to check. For merged schools (school name may change), you may still apply under Phase 2A2. For closed down schools, too bad.

Because of this, many of my friends are thinking of registering their child in a top school, and if they can't cope, then transfer them to a 'neighbourhood' school which is of quite high standards. Then, their grandchildren need not worry cos got more choices to choose from.

For parents that were in GEP, even better if they transferred from another school cos got they more choices to register at Phase 2A2.

lilcactus

thanks to all mummies who replied! that's a relief to hear! :)

Daddies and mummies,

I am hoping to put my girl in the primary school i went to attend when i was a girl. Is it true that she can definitely get in because I used to be an ex student?
Another question: What if daddy was from CHS during his secondary level years but not in primary, will chances still be high if he joins the alumni as well?

yvonnemommy

It is very high chance. So far from the friends I heard from, is 100%. Not sure which school you went to. But my friends' kids are attending schools like Rosyth, PLMGS, St Nich's.... All got in in Phase 2A (either parent is ex-student). Not too sure abt other schools.
interesting...

sharonlim

yes almost 100% i should say